Reviews for Bassilius And Other Stories
GenieBella chapter 5 . 1/24/2013
My favorite chapter so far! Definitely one of my favorite BG fanfictions! I love seeing all the chars together in unity like this. Very nice. Hehe.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 30 . 12/19/2012
This chapter worked well as a one-shot! I liked very much the presence of Branwen. :) Go Branwen!
rednightmare chapter 29 . 12/4/2009
Haha! (-dies of laughter-) The dialogue is great, especially your use of dialect. Also, I have to say that you've got Jaheira's personality down perfectly! This is just how I would have imagined her, from her reactions to her curt but stinging one-liners.

I have literally begun to hear the narrator's tired sigh at every chapter beginning. XD Great way to relate to the readers.
Code Name Adania chapter 29 . 9/17/2009
I really like your writing! I'm a big fan of the "snapshots" of a character's exploits, though the continuing story you have going on lately is also well written and very interesting! Your Firefly references are awesome, the "pork chop sandwiches!" outburst in chapter 16 busted my gut (for some reason I can only picture Minsc shouting that) and the fighting over the wineskin in chapter 21 was wonderfully written, and it was only missing a mudpit and some bikinis. I can't wait to read more!
Lalaithe chapter 28 . 7/26/2009
I think this story is one of the more original out there. That strong realism is hard to pull off in fantasy fiction, but here I can feel the characters as physical beings, with all the sweat, mud, hunger, thirst and pain that goes along with it. They seem alive and I can imagine them actually being in the room.
Capt. Incredible chapter 26 . 2/25/2009
Not sure where this is all heading(I have my ideas), but I'm definitely enjoying the ride! Glad to see an update, and the writing is, as always, some of the best around, finding that hard-to-strike balance of seriousness, humor, and keeping the characters, well, in character.

A great chapter all around- keep it up!
A Wee Bit Insane chapter 25 . 2/7/2009
Good to see you continiue with these, reading your words is pleasant and entertaining. Thanks for the good read.
arabellaesque chapter 24 . 2/3/2009
This is a good idea. I know there's the statues in Trademeet, but they seem quite impersonal (probably because of how the game portrays them when you click on them - no personalisation for your companions descriptions, though their wee stone avatar is, at least, tailored). This is a lovely idea - but with the passing of time, I can imagine it'd rapidly become more and more bittersweet (which you do wonderfully well, btw).

Good stuff.
arabellaesque chapter 23 . 2/3/2009
Hahah! Classic! A bit of a bar fight, and then Minsc, totally *priceless* at the end. Awesome!
arabellaesque chapter 22 . 2/3/2009
Another bittersweet chapter. I'd love to actually read some of the other entries in the book, have accounts from some of the knights and some of the thieves, etc, that turned up for the final battle. That could be awesome, though in a way, it's so much more powerful with just this one that.. yeah. It's maybe best left to the imagination.
arabellaesque chapter 21 . 2/3/2009
Very melancholy. The bittersweetness of his fond memories of good times and laughs, sandwiched between his present day states where, at the end, he openly admits to himself that he misses Aerie, is beautifully done.

You're making me all sniffly now :(
arabellaesque chapter 20 . 2/3/2009
Aww, this was sad. And that's one heckuva bitter Aerie, there, though... I suppose I can understand why. But that's what makes it so sad - such a sweet, loving little thing has become a murderer, even if she is trying to do the 'right' thing by it all.

Yep. that one was sad :(
Capt. Incredible chapter 24 . 10/28/2008
Nice... always a little tricky to incorporate pictures into these stories, what with the lack of cameras and all, but I liked it. Definitely a nice moment of peace among the constant warfare and battle. Good stuff.
AlsoSprachOdin chapter 21 . 10/20/2008
Pretty good. I'm usually not much for fluff, but that flashback was sweet and made me smile, and it works very well with the theme of the previous chapter.
A Wee Bit Insane chapter 21 . 10/20/2008
Ha, good to see it's continiued! You definitely have a way with words, your stories are light - hearted and melancholic at the same time. Grand! :)