Reviews for Soon You'll Come Home
grnfield chapter 2 . 11/2/2011
Fantastic piece of writing! I had tears rolling down my face while reading it. I love the way you've tied in the flashbacks with the current time and also love how it's Scott that comes to save John from himself.
firestorm557 chapter 2 . 5/18/2007
i have never been as moved by any story that i have read more than i was with this one. i mean, actual tears. this story was amazing. ablolutley amazing. and i think that is all i need to say. thank you so much for such an amazing story
Anony-Mouse chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
In the words of Shakespeare

" Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow. "

Such a tale of woe and melancholy.

A mesmeric and sublime story, well told.
mcj chapter 2 . 5/31/2005
Hey there.

What a sad and brilliantly effective piece of work. I only review stories I really like and this has to be one of them. I myself differ int the ages of the Tracy sons and what happened to Lucille but this falls into insignifiance compared to the writing. Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed your two chapters very much. Best of luck in the next writings!

Regards

mcj
zeilfanaat chapter 2 . 5/25/2005
Wow. Very nice! Keep up the good work!
darkhelmetj chapter 2 . 5/23/2005
I'll echo the comments about this being a realistic piece of work. I honestly felt everything that John did, and -from personal experience- I can say that his reaction is very believable. :) It also put into words the song that you mentioned - it was a wonderful visual to work with.

It was a pleasure to beta read, and I look forward to the next story that lands in my inbox. ;)
SeaCry10001 chapter 2 . 5/23/2005
aw...I feel sorta like that now...and I'm 11...NO! I'm nearly 12! Not 11...anyway...y grandad just died and my uncle died last month and it's mine and my dads birthday on friday so my dad might have to bury his dad on his birthday...how much does life suck?

Oh and great chapter. you made me cry.

Luv m x
Kaeera chapter 2 . 5/23/2005
*wipes tears away* This is such a sad story, and I love it! You did a wonderful job portraying the emotions, the sadness, the hatred, the despair, all beautifully written and underlined with those flashbacks of times that are gone and will never come back...*sighs* Poor John...I feel so sorry for him now!
BML Hillen-Keene chapter 2 . 5/23/2005
that is so sad! poor john! brillent chaptery type thing though- love how we saw why he did what he did in the first from his point of veiw. poor john. and scott. aww!

keep up the good work.
ladc chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
Nice touch to hear the story from Lucy's point of view. I am so used to reading stories where people talk about living with (or learning to live without) Lucy, but so rarely do we get to hear how she looks at the world.

Nice job.
darkhelmetj chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
You're very welcome. :) It was a pleasure reading this, and I've enjoyed it a great deal the second time through as well. There aren't that many stories out there that do Lucy justice, and I think you've done that very well here.

Also, I really like the subtle hints of characterization that pop up through the story. Scott's leadership, John's desire to withdraw, Virgil's quiet dependibility . . . they're all there, and they're wonderful. Grandma was wonderful too - I loved how you captured her dialogue, because she really came alive for me as I was reading.

Can I count on seeing Part Two in my inbox soon? ;D
BML Hillen-Keene chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
that was so good! write more, i loved it.
zeilfanaat chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
What a lovely story! First story I've read where you have Lucy's POV. Well done!
Kate K chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
Wonderful story-then again, I love anything with my favorite Tracy boy! Loved that this is from Lucy's POV-different and clever take. Loved "take charge" Scott-even at that early age he's organizing everyone into search teams. Loved that everyone was so concerned about John. Question: how did John climb up into the tree if he'd broken his wrist at the gymnastics competition?