Reviews for Late Night Insights
Crescent Blue chapter 2 . 11/20/2013
Oh this story is just too amazing! You go into such detail that not even Aoyama shows!

I mean, if only Ran would come to that assumption in the anime. (I know it's a wrong assumption, but it will put her in a more accepting attitude about it and she won't be hurt
Vi-Violence chapter 2 . 5/21/2013
These are great, it would be awesome if you expanded on them.
Rose Blood Cat chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
Interesting!
Moonumb chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
I think he would be sooooo angry when he knows that Conan is Shinichi, to know everything he thought was wrong...
CressidaRene chapter 2 . 2/22/2013
Nicely done! Actually, Ran isn't too far off the mark with her guess, APTX4869 is the ultimate, unplanned Witness Protection Plan! If only she knew that the place he went into hiding is right with her! Too bad Aoyama can't have Ran figure this much out in the series, it would ease her constant longing for him to tell her where he is and when he's coming back.

I wish you'd come back to write some fresh chapters for this fanfic of yours...another character you could use would be Takagi. How 'bout a story with him contemplating the mystery of Conan's behavior in the elevator bombing case at Touto Tower? You could also do two different versions using Kaito Kid, one with him musing about the overly-clever little boy who has made it his personal mission to catch him, and one from Kaito's perspective, shown in the 3rd movie, that he has already figured out that Conan is Shinichi. You could even do a 'late-night insights' chapter from either of Shinichi's parents, perhaps right after they first learned about what happened to their son, and questioning themselves about letting him stay and continue to face the danger in Japan, or their own culpability in Shinichi's situation because they moved to the U.S. and left him to grow up alone, and get himself into trouble he may not be able to get out of.

Well, I'm being presumptuous, I guess, as it doesn't look like you've been active in fanfiction lately. But if the muse ever does strike you again , I hope it's still for Detective Conan! Pretty please?!
CressidaRene chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Wow-this was so nicely conceived, and written. Normally, I'm not very fond of Mouri, as I find his constant drinking, womanizing, mistreatment of Conan, and his utter stupidity to be downright annoying and offensive. That, and he laughs like a braying donkey, making him look and act like an escaped mental patient. I do enjoy the VERY few moments throughout the series where Kogoro actually acts intelligently, and shows that he can care. What bothers me is that he only shows those tendencies if the case he's on or danger he's facing is directly linked to him, or people in his personal life. Otherwise, he's too full of himself to care, a useless, pompous ass, and he usually chalks EVERY crime up to suicide, all while mistreating poor little Conan, making it even harder for the boy to solve a case.

It really would be nice to see a scene like this done in the manga or anime, to verify that Kogoro actually has a heart and a brain, not just an alcohol-damaged liver and the libido of a 15-year-old when it comes to pop stars and girls his own daughter's age. In light of the fact that Shinichi's own parents really did leave him to fend for himself around the age of 14, and then did not stay in Japan to help him once they learned of his current predicament, Kogoro's and Ran's concern for him, even though not entirely accurate, is very touching.
Kay Hau chapter 2 . 6/18/2012
Whoa, and at the same time - Yay! Ran's finally not being a hormonal selfish teenager! (Not a Ran-hater, just acknowledging teenagers tend not to look very far or in depth on these things.) Quite the logical conclusion, and so very, very close to the truth! I applaud you, Ran! And of course the brilliant writer who came up with this! XD Good job!
Kay Hau chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Interesting! I love the idea, and it's actually quite heartbreaking if you don't know the truth about Conan. Wow, that really does paint a sad picture, yikes!

Hee, on a side note, I think you need a beta. Got quite a few punctuation slips in here. But the idea is so great, and the dialogue is awesome, so I'm totally willing to ignore them all!
2c chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Good theory.

I like.
pachysam chapter 2 . 4/8/2011
Here's an idea. Ran and Amy can figure out Conan is Shinichi and Conan finally confesses to them both.
A Midsummer Night's dream chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
Aahahaha... APTX4869 is definitely the ultimate Witness Protection , it's nice to see some people in DC make logical guesses or theories about Conan and Shinichi.I mean, the FBI, Hakuba and sometimes the police, think he's just a mature/genius kid. XD

And that Occhan, it's creepy that we sometimes think doesn't help that what I'm talking about is his hack deductions.
Peltra chapter 2 . 10/24/2010
How about a chapter where Ran and Kogoro discuss their suspicions of Conan being Shinichi
beatrix123 chapter 2 . 3/24/2010
Pleeze think of something.

Ran's almost there and Kogoro isn't far off.

Maybe Amy should figure it out and tell conan he's been caught.
Taisi chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
I love it! Finally, Ran takes on a new perspective to Shinichi's absences. And the first chapter, with Kogoro determined to keep Conan safe, was adorable. 3
Pretztailfan95 chapter 2 . 5/20/2009
Yeah, the APTX somethingorother IS his witness protection program! And the perfect one at that! XDD