Reviews for We Knew Better
ShadowWriter33 chapter 7 . 5/14/2016
Neat story, I liked the two Piper's and how everyone found out about Chris.
reader1writer1 chapter 7 . 5/5/2016
So sweet and sad and funny :)
reader1writer1 chapter 5 . 5/5/2016
LOL Too funny!
reader1writer1 chapter 4 . 5/5/2016
Talk about explosive! Great story so far :) I like Future Piper
AJ Granger chapter 7 . 9/2/2015
Great story. Really great mother and son moments in this, and a nice way for Chris's identity to be revealed. It fits with how hard a time he's had, and makes sense that he'd want some reassurance. Paige and Phoebe were great additions as well, especially with the cake. Love the whole piece really.
majorshane chapter 5 . 6/17/2015
Great story so far! Very good reveal scene.

One thing I always had mixed feelings about (both with the series and fanfics) is Chris's reason for hiding his identity. The whole ' I wanted to see if my family would accept me' just seems flimsy. What I mean by that is when/if his secret gets revealed and his family asks: "why did you hide this?" His only real answer is "because I felt like it". The idea that he needs to keep thoughts of his long dead family separate from his new charges of the past is a little better. Loosing someone is hard, if they had a twin walking around that you still had to interact with it would be even harder. Compartmentalizing is a difficult but important skill and when you are literally saving the world you need to be in the zone.

I think there is a simpler and more pressing reason available though: protection. If he succeeds in his mission to save the past that means he is going against the plans of who ever turned Wyatt in the first place. A seasoned witchlighter armed with future knowledge is not an easy person to catch and kill. But being from the future means that there must be a younger and more vunerable (and clueless) version of him around. Take out young Chris and old Chris never comes back to the past at all. If Chris can complete his mission completely anonymously then his past self is protected. If people know who he is then he becomes a target. His animosity is critical to his survival in a world where time travel is possible. (The movie Looper is built around this concept: the mob boss from the future is too powerful to kill but figure out who he was as a kid and send someone back to finish him off? No problem. Terminator does this too, to a lesser extent)

Now keeping his secret changes from a personal preference secondary to his main quest to a condition of victory. His family could demand to know why he hid his identity (after they find out) and he can calmly say: "to protect my younger self". Boom. All the wind is taken out of their sails.

What do you think?
brightflare chapter 7 . 6/3/2015
Very good story!
Demigod Heir of Poseidon chapter 7 . 9/17/2014
Great story love it Chris is one of my all time favourite characters and I think that you made him show a vulnerable side in a good way, your a great author
Melanie5629 chapter 7 . 4/1/2014
That was... amazing. I read your fic a while ago and I just could'nt help to read it again. I cried and in the same time I was smiling :-) You did a wonderfull job here. Thank you for sharing it with us.
I have to ask, would you mind if I translate your story in french? I would love to share this story with french people who don't read in english. Of course I'll put a link to your story and I don't pretend to write it, I'm just a translator.

Anyway thank you anyway. I really love your story.
katiek121 chapter 7 . 1/31/2014
Cute story! I really enjoyed reading it! Thank you!
Guest chapter 6 . 12/7/2012
I really like that Leo is not a neglectful father in this and that he always seemed to love Chris and only wanted the best for him. Bravo!
Charmed Ravenclaw chapter 7 . 3/11/2012
That was so brilliantly sad and funny at the same time. Adorable
Crystalzap chapter 7 . 5/1/2011
Great story! I love how you did all the characters and made the emotions seem realistic :)
Aynessa chapter 7 . 2/16/2011
OHMYGOSH I adored this beyond all belief, beyond all words. You made my heart ache for him, his emotions were so palpable and real and heartbreaking. I really loved the reveal and the interactions. Not too sure I like the softened version of why Chris hated Leo so much, but the rest of this was so breathtakingly beautiful I don't even care. Man that was so good.
TheLadyPendragon chapter 7 . 10/13/2010
Aww, this has been perfect: just the right amount of fluff, angst, and hurt/comfort. Exact;y what I love. :D