Reviews for The Healing of Hope
Kaladelia Undomiel chapter 4 . 6/6/2005
It be ok, sometimes we tend to read it the way it should look, but hey that's what the audience is for. WONDERFUL, I love it! I thought that it worked keping them in suspense and not knowing what happend to Aragorn and the others, unitl they saw them. UPDATE luv, & I be happy!

lindahoyland chapter 4 . 6/2/2005
This was a lovely chapter.I especially enjoyed the way you describe the fear and tension in Minas Tirith and Faramir's fears for Aragorn as few writers have thought of that.

Thank you so much for your very kind reviews of my story which are much appreciated.
Lilan chapter 4 . 6/2/2005
Nice to have you back, MAEday! I was mad at that delay too.

What I absolutely adore about this part is the way you make the relationship friendly rather than romantic. Or at least it looks so to me. You make it seem as if they do not yet contemplate the possibility of romance, just seeking comfort and company.

And still, there is something a bit - upsetting for me. It is the way this story is rushing towards the end. I love your style, even if might disagree with certain ideas, and you seem most reluctant to grace us with the pleasure of getting more of it!

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for a great read!

Lilan chapter 3 . 5/23/2005
No flames...hmm...

You show Eowyn differently from what the books suggest, and I think her outburst needs to be justified more with the text itself. I mean, it would be good to show the strain she felt *before* approaching Faramir.

That's a very minor thing. And Faramir is great as ever. 'No tear is shed without reason.' You seem to be a master of short and gripping remarks.

And the poem is beautiful. Such nice rhythm, and at the same time, being written as if in fragments of something bigger. You do get a sense that the old world is shattered, and while you keep holding on to the pieces, afraid to look further. I loved it.

Write on!

thayzel chapter 3 . 5/21/2005
I simply love your poems! They come on strongly.

Though I'm still undecided at liking Éowyn's outburst.

But I'm waiting for love poems; I assume they're more difficult to write but I'm sure you can do that!
Rebby-Eowyn chapter 3 . 5/21/2005
Don't worry, your romance is not bad at all. But I know what you mean. I myself tried to write something romantical about Eowyn and Faramir and I failed. But I guess that is no wonder, because I'm german and writing in english is not that easy as writing in german (but I don't wanna write in german, coz I don't like the language that much).

I like your story. Hope there will be more chapters coming soon. And good luck for the romance, you'll make it ;-)

Well done

PS: Did you write "shieldmaiden of Gondor" because it was your intend, or did you mean "shieldmaiden of rohan"?
Kaladelia Undomiel chapter 3 . 5/20/2005
YAY! But isn't Eowyn a shieldmaiden of ROHAN not GONDOR? Oh well, I make mistooks like that too.

lindahoyland chapter 3 . 5/20/2005
I liked your poem and the way your portray Eowyn. I think it would take her longer to move into her East facing room though as she only asks Faramir at their first meeting.

Thank you for your kind review of my story.
Kaladelia Undomiel chapter 2 . 5/16/2005
short chappies are all right especially for your style. Poor Faramir, all lonley and none to comfort him. *starts crying* Anywho, marvelous keep it up!

lindahoyland chapter 2 . 5/14/2005
Poor faramir,you descibe his feelings very well.
Lilan chapter 2 . 5/14/2005
Hi MAEday,

guess we'll have to get used to the short pieces you are determined to deal us. But they are good. I hope you will not be offended if I venture to say that you are still in search of your own style of writing? Not that I mean it in a bad way; just the opposite, you already seem to have found your way, so please, proceed. I will saty your faithful reviewer anyway.

thayzel chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Your prose is beautiful- very concise but not too complicated.

I dislike the underlining in the story though (but that's personal, so never mind).

The shortness(as much I'd like to read on) emphasises the angst, especially when your word use is this concise.

The stars- theme you developed is mind-blowing... so strong...

More compliments? ... I really like the title -especially in succession to "Healing of the Heart" but I think "The Healing of Hope" is better :D
Kaladelia Undomiel chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
I feel so honered. I love you! Even though your chapters are short, It seems to fit, you wrap it up nicley, but there is a sutle pull to read the next chapter that comes up. I like that, it's very unique. Keep it Up MAEday! !

Lilan chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Dearest MAEday, where on earth does this paranoia of yours take its beginning? As I started to read this story, there was my colleague sitting at a computer next to me, and I could not help calling her and reading the passage about stars aloud to her. IT IS GREAT! What you have written was almost tangible, so sad and beautiful at the same time.

A very good point made about being distanced from others, no matter by what, social standing, sex, personality. Eowyn is indeed a very lonely person, and war does not make it easier for one as passionate as she is. No wonder she is a bit jealous of those who are free of a pedestal.

I am looking forward to the development of what seems a very promising story. And I do hope that poem at the end will have another verse, about coming back to a finished book, to look for missed pieces...