Reviews for Riding on Dragons
Lariaxa chapter 17 . 4/7/2011
Hello! Ok it's been long enough since you wrote anything further that I reread your story to remember it, all I had really remembered was that I really like it-and that's why it's on my favorite's list. Please write more! I enjoy your characters and you have a great voice for Ophelia, just what I'd imagine for her. I'm very interested to find out if the stick is a red herring for some other carefully hidden item in legends that proves an heir's right to the throne...or really a royal fail stick, hehe. I suppose somehow I have vague hope that not all the royalty (with the exception of Daystar's family) are airheads.

I can hardly blame you for going MIA on this story for a long time, that would be the pot calling the kettle black, but your story is truly one of my favorites. I hope something happens to spark the story and bring it back to life in your mind so you go into a writing FRENZY and add...5 chapters :D Sound good? I'm willing to bargin here...I will do reviews for new chapters! :)
Aberolingarn chapter 2 . 2/7/2011
This story is awesome! I don't quite get why it's a royal stick, but it certainly makes it more entertaining. I rather suppose that's the point. I'm actually disappointed in myself for not being able to decode Telemain's scientific explaination. (I pride myself on having a large vocabulary) I can't wait to see what happens next! 5 stars for originality, hillarity, and all out wonderful story-telling.
Rosy-Fingered-Dawn chapter 17 . 7/18/2010
Very good update. Your grammar and vocabulary are wonderful, and the characters are all very well done. Varonyr reminds me a little of Telemain, haha:)

Please update soon!

Rosy-Fingered-Dawn chapter 15 . 1/23/2010
Enjoyed it very much! I love the Daystar-rescuing-Shiara idea; I find it so romantic. For someone who doesn't do much dialogue, yours is pretty good and the characters are behaving just as I thought they would. My only real request is that you update soon!
Rosy-Fingered-Dawn chapter 3 . 1/23/2010
I've just read the first two chapters, and I already love it! Very in character, and the plot sounds interesting!
theMusicdork94 chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Excellent chapter. I love that it's frm the cat's point of view. It's funny.
Eavis chapter 15 . 2/1/2009
I Like the "I don't deal with dragons" Line. Keep it up!
i-read-and-judge chapter 15 . 9/14/2008
I love this story! It's really imaginative and follows most of the information of the four books. But wouldn't Shiara have brought her cat Nightwitch with her? She was just a kitten during their last adventure so could surely handle herself now that she's grown up.
Mortimer S chapter 2 . 5/5/2008
I like this story, but what's with the absence of quotation marks?
bookweaver08 chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
tuna scented wizards?
No One's Fool chapter 15 . 3/13/2008
More, more, please! I LOVE IT! I've been waiting ages and ages for the next chapter...:sniff: Anyway, I think that it's a great story.
Stardawn chapter 15 . 1/3/2008
i think that the stick is a fake. . . this is exactly like the real books! i admire it when people try to make it similar. great story! evil fairy. . .
Finwitch1 chapter 15 . 11/6/2007
I like this story... and a very curious thing with the stick - is it a fake or is the trouble with Olemer?
Lariaxa chapter 15 . 8/20/2007
Welcome back! So nice of you and Tia to keep a frequent updating habit for us!

This may seem a silly question but...once the thieves brought back Shiara by mistake, how did they know she was a fire witch and have a potion ready from another fire witch to give her before she might act out? The detail of the potion seems necessary to make her a victim here, but it also implies foresight regarding her kidnapping. Leave it to Antorell to hire thieves for a kidnapping instead of actual kidnappers. He deserved a well aimed kick or SOMETHING courtesy of Shiara. No doubt something's coming to him though. ;)

At last we get a glimpse of the much anticipated...stick. The fact that you made it 6 inches cracks me up. Like, you know...its all talk. Hopefully for everyone it will do something like what they're wanting it to. Of course, following the general rule about such things, no doubt it will do what its supposed to but the bloated, er, size of its importance will clearing be missing at that point. Suddenly I'm wondering if there's any connection between FiddleSTICKS and the Royal Stick [it in the dirt, or...sorry, couldn't resist], but in regards to that I think its co-incidence.

The dialogue was good, like Tia, I like the theives dialect. Also the pecking order between the two was shown well with slightly different versions of the dialect. Nicely done!

For the ending, you did end it at a tense point again but this time it seemed just a little abrupt. I can't help feeling it would have been good to let at least one more thing happen, or maybe to have played up the anticipation of the stick just before it did nothing a bit more. It might just be me. The other chapters seemed to end at a very well placed point for tension, this one just didn't Quite feel the same so that's the best I can try to explain it.

It's a great chapter, I really enjoyed it as usual, keep it up!
Tiamat42 chapter 15 . 8/13/2007
*blinks* Well, someone's sharper than me..._I'd_ forgotten Fiddlesticks. ;) mermaids? How about a unicorn?

Yes, it takes ages to say anything with dialogue. Says me, the person who can have two characters blather on for TEN PAGES and not actually say anything at all. Bah.

In contrast, your dialogue is quite good, to the point. Even though it takes longer to say something, it reads faster and is more interesting, I think. I also like the dialect on the thieves, it gives you a sense of that stereotypical stupid thief talk, but it's not overdone to the point where it becomes ridiculous or illegible. You should definately do more of it.

I liked the pacing of this chapter. It's longer, which is good, and allows you to really get something done in it. Also, you're good at chopping it off at a cliff-hangerish moment...I always have this urge to wrap up each chapter. Your way leaves people waiting for more.

On a less serious note...YAY! WIZARDS!

*cough* Was that my out loud voice? I meant, er, 'oh no, the wizards are back! Not Antorell! Anyone but him!'

Nah, I'm actually totally glad to see him, the sleaze ball. :)
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »