Reviews for The Princess and the Bear
MinervaMcGee chapter 1 . 6/17/2020
Excellent story, great voice and details! Thanks so much for sharing your work!
idkidontexist chapter 1 . 2/25/2016
I like the story, Ponch kissing a frog was funny. Although, I do have to say, Ponch seemed to be acting a little mean. I mean, if he saw something, that Bear saw too, he would've said something way sooner than he did. But I guess, it just went along with the story.
AnErrorHasOccurredLoadingLife chapter 1 . 11/17/2015
I LOVED this it was amazing!
macberly chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Wonderful story! I wish there were more womderful stories out there that had Bear as the focus! Thank you for sharing!
VoyagerG chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
This was a fun, well-woven mystery and thriller and it really had me going that it could have all been fantasy. I didn't see that coming with Detective Dee! I laughed aloud at some parts. Poor Barry, I love Barry, and I definitely have to agree with the way you describe his wide grin. It's adorable. I'm so glad he found love. He deserves it. Nice guys like him should finish first. Dee is a great character too, strong yet delicate and has a good sense of humor. My only minor quibble was that Ponch acted a little too insensitive throughout the story, joking even when his friend was in real distress. Not to mention keeping that secret! I know he and Grossman like jokes, but Ponch can be very serious and considerate the majority of the time. Unless this is set during Season 1 or 2, when he was at his most immature. Oh well, the turn of events and everything worked well for this story. And the joke and last line with the toad was great. I could just picture the freeze frames on that one! :D Excellent writing, and the action sequences with Bear and the killer were edge of your seat.
anteffyhotmail.com chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
LOVED this story! Bear is one of my favorites on the show and it was nice to see him in the spotlight and having an "exciting" time for him, even if it wasn't what he had in mind! Thanks for the fic!
Smithy chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
I was in stitches when I read the section involving the practical joke. Was that Miss Piggy, because it sure as heck sounded like that. If I were Bonnie, I would have strung Ponch and Grossie up by their boots, upside down. The rusty pliers threat, that was great.
DaynaWayna chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Wow... here's ANTOTHER Gem that I missed for years! Mady, this was adorable. I loved it! I must say though, at first I thought he was doing a "Camelot crossover", and I was going, 'uh, Mady? What are you doing?' but then I realized what it really was. You are a very tricky lady.

You cracked me up with all those slams on Ponch being "slow". LOL! "Ponch was several steps behind everyone else in any given waltz" OR "Ordinarily, Ponch's mind worked along the lines of a refrigerator door: the light seldom came on until the half-way point in any given conversation." OMG I almost choked on my laughter! Too funny.

I'm very glad that the 'princess' turned out to be real... and that she really liked him, too. You did a great job creating the case and wrapping it up. But poor Barry... he suffered so much! But I'm SO GLAD Ponch got it in the end. But what about Grossman? He was just as guilty and all he got was pie in the face? LOL :) OH well. Ponch deserved what he got though.

Great Job overall. You're such a clever writer and I really enjoy your work.
Cloudburst2000 chapter 1 . 9/2/2002
This was a very good story. Oh and just for your enlightenment, the reason they are called CHP and not LAHP is because they are Chicago Highway Patrol, not LA Highway Patrol...so please stop saying they are located in LA. Other than that little irksome detail...a very good story.
SJ chapter 1 . 5/7/2000