Reviews for On Borrowed Time
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Very touching and well-written story. As a new viewer, I am so used to seeing Saunders in control. But illness can touch anyone, at any time. Another scourge of war. It's hard to see Saunders as such a young soldier, but in reality, that's what he probably was. (I'm not sure if they ever gave his age in the show. I haven't seen all the episodes yet.)
Daphne chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I really love this story, I have re-read it several times, so this time I thought it's time to leave a review.

It is really nice piece of fan fiction, the boy in this story could be any mother's son who is far from home and needing a mother's love and care.

I find it interesting to ponder did Saunders pick up the Influenza virus from his enjoyable very close encounter with the young lady; was it one of her kisses?

Your description is wonderful the reader knows immediately Saunders has the flu, because it feels just like that.

Thank you so much I know I will read this one many more times.
Ross7 chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
What a SUPERB bit of FANfiction! :D

Combat was a fave of mine, back when it was in its origin TV run.
We used to 'play' Combat with the neighborhood kids. I always played Saunders. LOL

Anyway, thanks for sharing! :D

I love your writing style! :D

:)Ross7
Deanne Stevenson chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
I thought your last story was a gem, but this one is even better. You torture your character, but then, that is what war does. I feel every pain and emotion Saunders felt. Pity that Combat, being an older program, your story won't get the attention it deserves.

-Dee
JOlene Dyer chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Loved this story, Ash! Your descriptions carry me right along with Saunders' weakening condition, dreams, incoherence and fatigue!. Regular illness is something I've often wondered about - flu, colds, chicken pix, etc. But I don't undertand the first part - other than something for him to dream about, but that could have been done without the first part. What am I missing? It is nice for him to "enjoy " himself at least sometime, but I am not seeing the connection with the rest of the stoy. I just love your Sarge stories - more, more!

Jo
GSJessica chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
Good, moving story. I, uh, do rather wish you had mentioned he had the flu a bit earlier. Given the nature of the opening scene I thought he had the clap (blush).
Alice A chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing a story with the sensuality that caught the spirit of the 1st season, along with an excellent characterization of the Sarge's stubborn persistence and the boyish vulnerability that was such an essential part of his character. Looking forward to more stories from you soon.
combatcrazy chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
My God, what a great story. I look for any and all combat stories to read and tend to read them over and over if they are realy good. This one is worthy of being read over and over again. Look forward to more of your combat stories. Thanks for such a great read.