Reviews for Forming New Ties
time2read chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
truly a masterpeace i love how you wrote this story!
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Awesome story! It's great to see a fic about Legolas and Faramir and the fact that they'll be ruling Ithilien. D
Eltara chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
This is going straight to my fav list! great descriptions and I loved your depictions of Faramir and Legolas. On top of that it's wonderful to see a well written Faramir and Legolas centric!
StarofElendil chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
That was very well done! There is such a thing as companionable silence, but very few people can share it without embarrasement. I think your Faramir and Legolas could do it easily. Also, thanks for not making it slash. Incidentally, Faramir isn't too OC.

~Elendelyne
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
You are so good at writing these two. Bravo. I wish some one would tell me what a OOC is .

NiRi
Nonce chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
Nice fic. We don't get Faramir & Legolas tales very often (other than slash), so it's a nice change & of course, they had to have become great friends.

Faramir was not necessarily OOC. I liked his defensive, slightly arrogant side at the beginning. He's not cardboard, & cannot be diplomatic 24/7. Also, growing up together, he & Boromir would very well share many traits, no matter how different their personalities were.

There are many typos & a couple incorrect tenses popping up here or there, but your writing style is good & if you can find someone to proof for you, you'll be set. Looking forward to more.
Susan chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
Great story. I love the interaction between Faramir and Legolas, even with Faramir being a little OOC. The details are all very well done. Good writing! Thanks for sharing the story. I hope to see more from you soon!
Deana chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
That was excellent! I loved it! :)
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
Well I think that was quite beautiful and I wouldn't say Faramir was particularly OOC.
Dimfuin chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
Good job. I admire the length, and it's a good premise. I only have two comments. First, I think there would definitely still be men at Henneth Anun, guarding Ithilien. Sauron was gone, true, but that does not mean all his servants were gone, and for many years after the WOTR there was fighting. However, I see that you needed that for the foundation of your story, so you can have some creative liscense there:-) Second, I'm not sure Legolas was sharing the control of Ithilien. He settled part of it, but it was Faramir alone who was named Prince of Ithilien and Lord of Emyn Arnen. However, I'm not 100% positive on that, so you could be right. Overall, it was quite enjoyable. Good character development, and good job with the length!
Lilan chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
Hi,

I loved the story and hope there will be more like this one, which is going straight to my favourites list. Your version of Legolas, so wise and considerate, was brilliant, and the way you allowed him to have made that little lapse about Boromir makes these qualities stand out still better.

You also give them reasons for feeling sympathy towards each other, both being rather lonely, not by the fault of others, but due to their characters. Such two will be very comfortable with each other.

Great story. Thank you.

Regards,

Lilan
Hel5gen chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
Thank you for the story. It was really GOOD. It does let one believe this may be how they became close friends. I hope it was this way.
isilme222 chapter 1 . 5/14/2005