Reviews for By the Sea
lady scribe of avandell chapter 3 . 5/18/2005
make it as long as you want! this is the kind of story i wanted to write when i wrote hazy dawn. i'm glad to see that someone can get it right! this is very beautiful, but i worry that elfhelm and lothiriel are going to get themselves in trouble. sere mi eru...lsoa
Andrew Boticelli chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
I think this is a brilliant take on the Eomer/Lothiriel ship! Your story is deliciously angsty, and I'm eagerly awaiting more!
lady scribe of avandell chapter 2 . 5/17/2005
man, you've got me in tears. i hate seeing these people so miserable, but you write it so well, so i cannot be too upset with you. this is such a beautiful but sad piece. sere mi eru...lady scribe of avandell
EruntaleofRohan chapter 2 . 5/17/2005
Wow, your story almost brings me to tears... Your story is almost identical to my own love story, really! You see, my boyfriend and I have almost 2 years together, and our relationship started, despite some differences, somehow like your story. Based in my love experience, I'm writing the story "Always a woman", based in Lothiriel and Eomer, too... Congratulations and keep writing!
thayzel chapter 2 . 5/17/2005
Truly interesting. Especially that you start with the wedding night is intriguing .-and it proves you do more than the simple 'romance thing'.

I always love stories where characters are torn between duty and own feelings and to this point at least, I think you've done a great portrait of Lothíriel concerning this aspect.

Also:

"Lothíriel desperately wanted to love him; she did! But she couldn't... And she did not know why"

You're so incredibly observant, as if you yourself knew how it is to be loved but unloving and your description of this situation is easy to follow and to understand. And who are we to sympathise with? Lothíriel or Éomer? Both of them have reason, both of them try to be true... and both will eat their heart out, I suppose... make it quick (hint, hint)
fandun chapter 2 . 5/16/2005
to one who is dear,

i can not stress enough the way your words have snatched me up and taken me away. when the chapter began, i prayed for an incredibly long and satisfying feast. the story is coming along but make the characters grow, please. the brevity in your words discussing a matter worthy of dangerously detailed paragraphs is truly admirable.

Your observant servant,

FANDUN
wondereye chapter 2 . 5/16/2005
Great 2 chapters. I think it's a great

story and I like the way Lorthriel thinks.
buttercup7 chapter 2 . 5/16/2005
Must admit, I'm very intriqued by the premise of this story.

I'm kinda rooting for a big blow-out "I don't love you..." conversation/argument/whatever-you-like with lots of tears. But, well, I have no control, do I?

Keep up the good work. Keep it interesting and angsty...it's working so well!
lady scribe of avandell chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
oh my! it's terribly depressing, and it makes me want to burst into tears! she's duty-bound now, isn't she? and she's too kind to break his heart! oh my!

you have beautiful imagery, though. i'm very impressed. i do hope to see more! sere mi eru...lady scribe of avandell
starnat chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
How can she be so strong willed and not feel nothing?. Im hoping to read chapter 2 soon!
fandun chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
dearest. [do you mind me honoring you with such a title?]

am appalled by the fact that i was greatly disappointed at the completely empty review box. wanted to drop in a quarter, a dime, a cent.

you must understand. the delirously different Eomer attracted me, the richness of his misguided passion made something crack in me that i've never heard before and i found myself pitying him extremely.

"for love is blind and lovers can not see the pretty follies they themselves commit" oh well. it holds true. must Shakespeare always be correct on such aspects? in these circumstances, i often wish he'd be a bit less clear.

don't make him too dense but for the sake of enriching your plot, lenghtening the chapters ... make him hurt.

bad.
Sarah chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
Very powerful stuff! And well written. I found it especially poignant that Eomer thinks that Lothy had accepted his offer of marriage freely, when it was mostly because of duty that she accepted, not really realising that she could refuse. Having access to Lothy's thoughts in this way makes it feel as if we really know her.

Happy writing and please update soon!

Luv Sarah x
Loti chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
Whoa, this is awesome man! I really cant wait for the nxt chapter. the pain that loti feels is very realistic and the helplessness adds to the magic of this. keep going!
268 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18