Reviews for By the Sea
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 21 . 4/12/2006
“What? What did you see?” Lothíriel prompted quietly.

Only the subtle stroke of Lothíriel's fingers urged him to continue.

“My uncle,” he choked. “His death. My sister, my foolish sister.” There was no emotion in his flat, unyielding voice and Lothíriel wanted to embrace away the pain that belied his stoic manner.

“I did not believe it before; that my memory was addled,” he whispered to himself, “But now he is truly gone. It was no dream. Never in my darkest thoughts could I have conjured such a death for him... I-it was no dream.” And with that, his stoicism slipped and crashed to the floor, shattering into a million pieces about her as he buried his face in his free hand, though no tears would fall from his dry eyes.

He saw his Uncle dying, he saw his sister almost die too...right?

“This is a spar, Elfhelm,” Eorllic growled, “Not an all-out brawl!”

His brow winged in response. “With the way you fight, I thought it was a brawl,” he remarked caustically, earning a glare from the blue-eyed man.

Lol, that part makes me laugh pretty hard...I wish I knew how to do Sword fighting and hand-to-hand combat...

A definite smell slowly wafted up from the baby and Lothíriel laughed loudly as saw Éomer crinkle his nose. It was as if the child knew he was being discussed.

He pooped, didn't he? lol..

Still giggling, she placed a sound kiss upon the baby's forehead and said lovingly, “I have never seen your uncle move so fast, little one!”

The baby cooed at her words.

“Yes,” she nodded sagely, “And he calls himself a warrior and a King; running from a smelly little baby! I tell you, men are useless.” Again, she chuckled and rose from the bed to deal with the soiled child in her arms. “I sincerely hope you will be braver than that when you are older.”

As she went about her business, Lothíriel did not notice that the figure of Rohan's King was leaning against the wall outside their chambers. A gentle smile was upon his face as he listened to every endearment that she uttered.

Men are useless, sometimes...Only when it comes to changing babies diapers, and girl stuff, and My sister is like that, I mean my older sister, as soon as it's time to change a diaper she runs away. lol. anyway, I'm off to the next chapter!
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 20 . 4/12/2006
Swirling the wine in his goblet, Éothain pondered the faraway look he received. “You have been like this since your return from Edoras,” he prodded again. “Would it have anything to do with pale peach skin, raven hair and sky blue eyes?”

Elfhelm scowled uncomfortably. “Too bold, Éothain, too bold.”

Oh yea, I forgot he had told him about how he loves her in one of those chapters..

Unable to resist, Lothíriel gently raised the child and placed a gentle kiss upon his brow. He burbled and twisted his head with a wrinkled nose. As he did so, Lothíriel had to admit that her brother's son would be a heart breaker once he came of age. The boy was positively adorable in every respect! She laughed and caressed his soft rose petal cheek with the index finger of her free hand. “Yes,” she murmured to herself, “You will certainly break hearts, little one.”

The babe replied with a gurgle and bubble of spit.

aw, and lol. My dad says the exact same thing about my little sister...

ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 19 . 4/12/2006
The male-mind boggled her to new found heights.

it boggles me too, it's weird...

The dark-haired Prince shook his head morosely. "I did not know she was with child," he murmured, "The babe was delivered to our door a few weeks prior, secreted to us in the night, with only a note and a gold chain belonging to his mother, attached to him." Lethargically, he reached into the breast pocket of his tunic and produced a crumpled piece of poorly produced parchment.

what..? what? that's...i'm crying now..because that is so sad..

Lothíriel exhaled loudly, feeling completely stunned and taken aback by the events occurring around her. What in Varda's name was she to do?

Whatever would come of this, she knew that she would have to speak with her husband before making any sort of decision.

yea, what is she too do? and when I say the name of this chapter, I thoought you meant Lothiriel's secert...
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 18 . 4/12/2006
She resisted the urge to grin at them and run up the stairs as she had done many times before in her childhood.

man, that's exactly what I was expecting her to do...

Because of his words, she did not speak out to him. Instead, Lothíriel watched him disappear into the shrouded darkness of their chambers as he left her upon the cold balcony, where the call of the sea began to tug mercilessly against the strings of her heart.

well, that is despair, but not great despair..and he's rejecting her, like she rejected him at the beginning of their marriage...
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 17 . 4/12/2006
"Before..." his voice tapered off before he roused himself again. "Before, you said that you were with child." He was being as quiet as a mouse and Lothíriel had to strain to listen to him. "Where is the babe? May I be allowed to see if I have a son or daughter?"

I knew he would ask, it's unavoidable, that question..
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 16 . 4/12/2006
"I'm sorry I hurt you, Aunt Lothíriel," Éomer mumbled as he lowered his head. "Please don't send me back. I really want to see the sea." As soon as he apologised, his lower lip and chin began to wobble and this time, she knew that his tears were real.

aw, I can't imagine it on an adult Eomer though...

It was such a grand life! To be so care free, to have no responsibilities... If she ventured over to them, they would only be appalled at the thought their Queen had come to help. They kept Royal families on such high pedestals, it was no wonder that at times, great Kings often fell from grace. Nobles were to be catered to, looked after, but Lothíriel desperately wished to be treated as an equal. However, she would never find this amongst the general populace and many of the noble-born men and women were sometimes too stiff and formal to ever consider a close friendship with.

I never thought of how Queen's lives were not free, Now I'm glad I can almost do anything I want without people thinking I'm weird...or that it's wrong for me.

"—You know my name?" He interrupted, sounding equally surprised and incensed. "How can that be? Who are you? Speak, now!" A furious glint ignited within his gaze and for the first time since she had come to Rohan as Éomer's wife, Lothíriel knew true fear.

She should have been careful for what she wished for...
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 15 . 4/11/2006
The figure of a man standing behind, to the right of Elfhelm, looking at them with obvious shock and disapproval even though she could not make out his face. He was carrying a flickering torch and Lothíriel grew worried that he had seen her. What had she done? Foolish girl! She was jeopardising everything with this slip in her character. How could she be so reckless? How could she allow him to kiss her so? She was dismayed at the thought of what she had done and what she could have gone on to do... Forcing the bile back, Lothíriel lowered her head in shame as a barrage of tears came to her eyes. She cursed her folly.

She has been found out! She should have fallen in love with him! Neither should he have fallen in love with her!

I gotta read the rest of this chapter later,I won't be able to finish review either. Namarie.

Liana
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 13 . 4/11/2006
Lothíriel pulled away silently, placing her lips upon Elfhelm's cheek in one final return gesture of the acceptance, love and friendship that Elfhelm had offered her with that kiss.

From deep within her heart, she found the courage and will to raise her mouth her to the folds of his ear and whisper her next words;

“It can go no further.”

it can go no further? as in what...?
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 12 . 4/11/2006
if her husband did not recover from his head injuries, to have two children in Meduseld. It would be certainly be quite a sight to behold. She prayed to the Valar for Éomer's swift recovery.

yea, except that'll be even harder since the baby will be newborn, and wake up in the middle of the night...

she had not done a single day's work of manual labour in her life.

For some reason, Lothíriel felt guilty about this.

Now that, is sad, I've 12 and I've already done chores and such.

“How did it get there?” He chewed his lip thoughtfully as he tilted his golden head, waiting for her answer.

Oh dear.

uh...Oh my gosh...so embrassing...

“How does he give it to her?”

Valar! He was like a dog with a bone. She almost blushed but schooled her features into indifference. She knew that, if her child was a girl, she would have to impart this knowledge to her in due course. “The way in which the man gives his wife a baby is through a precious gesture, one that I will tell you about once you are older.”

even mre embrassing! I'm blushing even though I'm just reading it!

Lothíriel felt slightly panicked by the woman's reply. She struggled to sit up but was pushed back by the golden-haired woman. “Where is my child? Where is my baby?” She cried weakly.

The grief and worry in the woman's eyes was palpable. A tear rolled down Lothíriel's cheek as the fair haired mid-wife shook her head sadly, “I am sorry, your highness... The babe did not survive the birth.”

The babe did not survive... But—how? Why? Lothíriel knew that she would get no answers to the questions that she were poised on the tip of her tongue. Instead, she wept bitter tears for her lost child, her piercing wails echoing through the Golden Hall like a ghostly presence that would find no rest, no comfort and no peace in the dawning day.

what...? Stop making me cry...you're making me cry...you have to stop it right now! Because..nevermind, sorry, I'm just a little bit over reacting...maybe..
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 11 . 4/11/2006
Elfhelm could not help but chuckle at Éothain's comment and the absurdity of his current dilemma.

I cannot help but chuckle either.

The room was silent as the doors slowly opened, only to reveal her husband standing as naked as the day he was born, leaning wearily against the frame of the doors with his right arm in a sling.

Lothíriel and the men gaped at the sight before them.

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! cover my eyes! I mean...cover my eyes if he were actually standing in front of me..*blushes sheepishly* because If I covered my eyes right now, I wouldn't be able to read the rest of this chapter...

“Do you promise?” He asked tentatively.

“I promise,” she choked back a sob.

“What is your name?” Éomer wondered aloud, almost frowning at the brimming tears within her sea-blue eyes.

“Lothíriel,” she replied softly, blinking back her grief at the man... No—child that sat in the bed before her.

He leaned close, as though he were speaking a secret, “I like that name much better than my own.”

what the...? whoa, wait a minute..amnesia I hope? not permanent memory loss...? man...I was excited for a moment there! anyway, great chapter, I'm off the next now!

ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 10 . 4/11/2006
Hi, Great chapter! I'm glad I found this story on here and it's updated! because the one I read on CoE (Council of is still only on chapter 9...anyway, I'm gonna read the next chapter now, Keep on writing!

Liana
DeathByMonkees chapter 4 . 3/24/2006
Wow, this story rocks! I will definetely read all of it. Wonderful!
anonymous chapter 19 . 3/12/2006
awe...this story is so sweet! But, seriously now, you have got to get these two together! The suspense is too much to handle. Please, please, PLEASE update soon!
love of Eomer chapter 22 . 3/9/2006
i love the story even though it is so sad and filled nothing but misery. please finish! so they can have some happiness. Poor woman she needs it. please don't let Eomer know she kissed the other man. they will not survive it and Eomer will never forgive his friend either!
jennierenn chapter 22 . 2/28/2006
Ah! it was beautiful...tragic but beautiful! May he'll fall off the boat and regain his memory! However I love how it gove Lothiriel a chance to redeeme herself. I really didn't liker her at the beginning of this one! Argh! I was so frusterated! Hehe...

Anyway it's wonderful, I cannot wait till you update!
268 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »