Reviews for Some Kind of Beginning
Tigerwoman188 chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
Awww Choji so sweet worrying about Ino not eating breakfast.
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Love the small details from Chouji's viewpoint. Nicely done.
Shadow Owner chapter 1 . 7/17/2011

I know this was written some years ago, but I couldn't not review it. I found this version of Asuma's test very believable, save for the fact that Shikamaru or Chouji, having discovered something amiss, didn't blow Asuma's cover, even with the obvious hints. I could, however, certainly see Asuma pull something like that off, given his laidback nature.

Thanks for posting this!

Nemrut chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Nice story, really good portrayal of team ten
Episcopal Percussionist chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Cute story, I like how you present the origins of Team 10.
OSYH chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Nice, very nice. I realy liked Asuma's first test for his cell, it was quite clever, especially when he played shogi with Shikamaru. :) And I liked the group dynamic's subtle improvement.
Jefepato chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Good stuff. You seem to have a very solid grasp of the characters.
dgddsgg chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
XD I /adore/ Asuma! He's the best character EVER! Awesome fanfiction~! -huggles my favorite team-
Joanie S chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Rurouni Tyriel chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
It really is a crying shame we never saw how Team's Eight and Ten (or Team Gai, for that matter) met their Jounin senseis. Frankly, this is -so- brilliant, they should animate it and declare it canon. That's how good it is.

Your perfectly capture all three of them. Food-loving Chouji, whiney Ino, lazy Shikamaru, even fun-loving Asuma. I loved your brilliant twist, though I figured it out when Chouji spotted the fishnet. It was still brilliant.

You have incredible stuff in your gallery, and frankly, it's a crime for any Naruto fan -not- to add you to their favorites.
yllom21 chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
I liked how you wrote Chouji! And I liked the test as well, most people just steal what Kakashi did. Interesting and nicely done.
aditou chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
I love this story. You're a great author, zuul!
LeadYouIn chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Very nice story! It's refreshing to read one about Team 10, they're so often overlooked. I can't wait to read more of your stories!
Athla chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
lol, yep, I can see that happening.
Tami chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
That was really cute. I particularly loved the Chouji, master of planning bits, since, y'know, it' s not really him at all. Plus, it's about as "sneaky" as I could ever manage. I feel for the guy the way you've written this.