Reviews for The gift of the shadows
remeyqueen74 chapter 16 . 1/27
Please reconsider updating this amazing story I need to know what happens next
Guest chapter 16 . 12/5/2014
PLEASE CONTINUE THIS STORY. ITS BEEN 8 BLOODY YEARS
Guest chapter 9 . 7/13/2014
*laughs evilly* Ron, you should run.
Phoenica chapter 16 . 6/2/2014
Hullo again, I reckoned that Ron would probably try to warn Harry about "Draco's dastardly deeds" while he's in the library with Hermione - however, while Harry is defending Draco with all his Veela and Gryffindor protectiveness, the blonde is one again whisked away to the feet of Voldemort. Feeling this, Harry rounds up a reluctant but penitent Ron, worried Hermione, and grim Dumbledore to help him rescue his bonded. Voldemort has been torturing the brave Dragon, who still refuses to show pain and weakness, but cannot get a reason as to why the Dark Mark didn't take out of him - Harry arrives to witness yet another Crucio send the youngest Malfoy into agony and breaks the curse, but panics when he realizes the Death Eaters have also poisoned the other boy. However, Dumbledore, Ron and Hermione work to distract and draw away the Death Eaters and so fall back while Harry runs to Draco and tries to wake him - wanting nothing more than to see those mercury globes shine at him again. Unknowingly, his touch dispels the poison and Draco regains consciousness, but feigns lack thereof so that he can regain strength and help Harry defeat the abomination that wants to hurt the only person who's shown the tortured Slytherin love. The Gryffindor wears Voldemort down in spontaneous duels, but neither can get the upper hand until Voldemort accidentally hits Draco with another Crucio and sends both boys into pained spasms - finally realizing that there's a bond between the two, Voldie aims an enraged and cruel Avada Kadavara at Harry, planning to kill Draco as well for "choosing the weak Potter boy and losing me the most intriguing servant I could have had leading my forces - why I had thought so, after your father's pathetic failures, I've no idea - but since you choose the losing side, I must make this decision. Good bye, young Malfoy." Draco throws himself between the curse and Harry, embracing the other boy hard before the impact and thinking "I love you, Harry" so loud his heart breaks, but in that split second hears a return shout in his mind of Harry's love for him too. The first time it's said out loud, the love and final step to Veela binding is set in place creates a whirlwind of silver and gold magic sound the two. The curse rebounds and is sent back at Voldemort with the combined power of both the light and dark Veela and all that's left is a smoking pile of ash. The boys lose consciousness, still wrapped in each other's arms, and the other three find them minutes later, having captured the other Death Eaters and calling the Aurors to come get them. Ron eventually earns back Harry's friendship, and Draco accepts him after a while - Hermione beats him over the head with books (in the library, so there wasn't a shortage and he has no choice but to take it and not make a sound).
But yeah - I reckon an ending like this would most likely fit the tone you already have going, and it isn't too cliche or too close to other storylines I've read. No pressure to use any of it, I think part of me just wanted to write it and see where I could take it; I know whatever you choose to end it will be as rewarding and great as the rest. Hope this helps - I know how bloody annoying writer's block can get, so good luck and hopes on hearing from you again soon!
Phoenica chapter 5 . 6/2/2014
Bloody brilliant. Usually I get tired of the Veela storylines, but you've got me reading avidly. Job well done - your writing is smooth and lyrical, binding the mind as the senses drink it in. Keep us all under your charms even after this one has finished - please?
Mashkai30 chapter 16 . 4/5/2014
I have enjoyed this very much. I hope you find time to finish it someday as I would love to read the ending:)
arunendu chapter 16 . 11/17/2013
I enjoyed reading your are a great writer please write more stories.
PercyJacksonfan4life chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
this is a pretty good story and is it true that a shadow veela gets a mate since they're the same species?
Mukuro234 chapter 16 . 9/5/2013
Well if ya want I ideas why not this for an idea,
Well since it seems Harry and Draco are having a fight why not have them some how make up. You could get them to work together to get to know what all of harries dark veela powers are..
This is a great story so far btw
Meanxruki chapter 16 . 6/4/2013
i was reading this story until chapter 16 i cry of desperation.. QAQ) y u no continue? TTTT
Guest chapter 16 . 12/29/2012
this is a god story and if you did something like have ron do a horrible prank or have harry somehow pester-i mean convince draco to talk to old dumbles that would be great or zabini? could find out bout drarry and keep it a secret or somethin
Eris Potter-Charmed Child chapter 3 . 4/15/2012
love it! its funny a good funny!
Sable Bishop chapter 5 . 12/14/2011
Draco's too adorable )
Catdays67 chapter 6 . 10/27/2011
love it
Veneya chapter 9 . 8/20/2011
I really enjoyed it so far...and I'm sure the rest would be great too...I dont have enough time to finish reading it tday but I will make sure to finish it off...plzz update soon though :D I loved it so far