Reviews for Now You See Them....
unutterably stupid chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Wow! Almost an entire community of misfits fans! Tres cool! I will review when i have time to read. right now, just added to favs so i can find it again! Thank you!
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
What fun! Misfits of Science, Bewitched, Bionic Woman, Salvag-1, ShadowChasers ... nice combination of guest stars and cameos. Been years since I've since Misfits of Science, but from what I remembered, you managed to stay in character, keep the humor, yet manage Cold War action/adventure. Not an easy feat. Well done.
Rosy chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
The link didn't work, here's another try:

scienceofmisfits./

scienceofmisfits.

.com
Rosy chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Be warned, I'm rather wordy!

(I realize you wrote this story in 2001, but I hope you still read the comments)

Hey, great story! Really fun. I consider myself an superfan of 'Misfits of Science' ('MoS'). I know every episode inside and out (just recently got to see them all again in DVD quality - so fun!) and am always looking for anything to extend my enjoyment of the show. So I was excited to see a fanfic at last - the ONLY one I've ever found on the Net. But I have to admit, I was a little annoyed when I saw it was a crossover with another show. But then I thought, "Well, James D. Parriott, the creater of 'MoS' DID write and produce 'Bionic Woman'; 'MoS' DID have the episode ('Fumble on the One') that was a parody of 'Six Million $ Man'; and I DID enjoy the 'Bionic Woman' series, so I guess it might not be so bad." After reading it, I had no more qualms - it was a great idea!

What I Liked (in no particular order, LOL):

The personalities and dialog of all the Misfits (Billy, El, and Richard were done particularly well). Kudos for making it true to the show, because I hate when fanfic writers make characters do or say stuff they wouldn't do (in my opinion anyway) - especially for a plot contrivance.

The description of the atmosphere/chaos in the Humanidyne lab (H.I.T.). I loved that you put in the ever-present volunteer with the sailor's cap, and Herb (The Invisible Man)! And Miss Nance was, as always, doing her nails, chewing gum, and watching TV. So cool to have so many details right from the show!

That it was a sequel to the 'MoS' ep 'Grand Elusion' (you had alot of details from the ep, too, which was great). So fun to revisit the characters of Nikolai, Tatyana, and Galenkov - you wrote them really well. And it felt like it really was only a month later, too.

The 'Bionic Woman' half - though I've only seen the 'BW' series once (and this was back in '92 - the 'MoS' series I've seen multiple times) - it rang true: Jaime Sommers was just like I remember her (you even had the detail of looping her hair over her ear - she sure did that alot! -wink wink-). Plus she mixed great with the Misfits!

The pop culture references. 'MoS' was filled with them, so it felt just like the show.

Having Barnabas Collins call in! Hilarious! (Coincidentally, I saw 'Dark Shadows', 'MoS' and 'BW' all for the first time off the SciFi Channel when it started up in 1992 - so it was fitting for them to be together again)

Interesting to have Tabitha from 'Bewitched' in a minor role - nice touch. (I've only seen 1 ep, so I can't be sure on accuracy, but I recognize the nose twitch, of course)

That Jaime had one of Johnny B's albums and was a fan. Every girl on the show seemed to also!

The actions you had the Misfits do. 'MoS' was so short-lived there's a lot they never got to explore on the show - so having new things was great!:

Johnny B melting the bullet with a ball of electricity - would've been super to see that!

El being trapped while shrunk by a bad guy who knew about his ability - since only friends learned he could shrink on the show, that was a nice twist!

El having a needle to use as a spear - I always liked it when he got to use items that were large to him once he'd shrunk. (plus having the foresight to bring along the acid was so like El!)

Richard not only going along on the mission, but leading it - that was cool! (he even got to drive the Fundae-he never even RODE in the Fundae on the show)

Billy needing to be rescued by the other Misfits - he always led the missions, so seeing what the others do sans Billy was fun! (BTW, my fave character is Billy - who's yours?)

Dislikes:

There's only one story!

I want to read others! I'd love to have sequels to all 17 'MoS' eps, like the aforementioned 'Fumble on the One' - you'd have to bring Jaime back, of course, and she could meet fellow bionic agent Brick Tyler (the parody of Steve Austin). To give you ideas (if you need), or remind you of the ep plots, I recommend a brand-new site a fellow superfan (ThirdBass) just put up called Science of Misfits: scienceofmisfits./. It's very comprehensive (it even has a list of all the known pop culture references the show had!) and is going to have a transcript of every episode - courtesy of yours truly (an excuse to rewatch every episode - yay!). ThirdBass specifically hopes the site will help people writing fanfiction. And if it could prompt YOU to write more, I, too, think it would be awesome! After all, I see that some of the previous comments say "MORE!", so I wouldn't be the only one who'd enjoy more stories by you! Have a nice day!

-Rosy

P.S.: I also really like your 'How to write almost readable fan fiction' site. Such a great idea to have your examples be from actual written fanfic, rather than just made-up possiblities!
DarkZoneWitch chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
I really thought I was the only one who remembered the show misfits of science.
MzDany chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
That was excellent! I don't remember ever seeing any other Misfits of Science fanfic and that's a real shame, for it was a great, silly show (in my humble opinion). I loved the humor throughout the story, and you have an exceptional knack for bantering and dialogue. A great read! Thank you!

Greetings from Dany
CeCeArquette chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
Whoo! Go Misfits of Science!
frances chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
do you see
i do
your the only
hmm i wounder why
Superfan chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
Sweet, sweet nostalgia! The main characters of the crossover were rendered very faithfully. And, the cameos and honorable mentions were fabsolutely lovable! P.S.-Here's a suggestion/challenge for another unprecedented crossover. "Space:19/Lost in Space(TOS)."
ordinaryguy2 chapter 1 . 11/3/2001
Cute. I can barely remember the Misfits of Science but I thing you did a superurb job of wrighting about them. Jamie, of course, is always good. Maybe in a followup story you could have the Hulk go to the Misfits for treatment? Just a thought.
lucidscreamer chapter 1 . 7/23/2001
LOL I loved it! Wonderfully written, great characterization,...and humor is extremely difficult to write, much less write so well. Fantastic story. More please!
Danii chapter 1 . 7/1/2001
Great. I'm just sadened to see that this area of is empty, other then your story. But, as to your story, I really liked it. I'm heading to your site now in hopes that there is more good stuff...
WomanOfFewWords chapter 1 . 6/15/2001
I have been hoping someone would do some stories for this show. More Please.
Ldot chapter 1 . 6/9/2001
Yay! I loved this story. It's great to read a story about these guys. Thanks so much for sharing.
Daemonchan chapter 1 . 5/7/2001
OH. MY. GOD. I didn't think that anyone else on the PLANET had seen Misfits of Science except me. Me and my little sister used to watch the re-runs on Scifi. I love that show! And now there is fiction! It lives!