Reviews for My Slytherins
DeengoBlue chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Well done. I think you chose a good mix bag of fears for these kids-and good responses for the class as a whole (not to mention Lupin's and Snape's).
Peregrinate chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
I like. Good take! Snape/Remus interaction fantastic. Loved the assorted fears.
Neofelis Nebulosa chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
WOW, amazing, I loved it. It was touching, but not corny, Snape was so good with his dilemma about his students' problems and how protective he was... And so was Remus. The last line, BTW, was perfect. Great job!
Reidluver chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Very well done! I like how you humanized the Slytherins and showed that while they may be mean and rude it isn't necessarily their fault. With the upbringing that they were given it's only natural that some of them grew up that way. I also like the conversation between Snape and Lupin.
Unofficial Biznesz chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
A few minor spelling mistakes, but they seem to be typos only. This is an intriguing piece, and very mature. Not quite light hearted, but well thought out and enjoyable.
Code Aster chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Very nice. I had wondered how that lesson would go in the other houses, but I hadn't seen a believable depiction of slytherin before.
Ossindie chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
So sad. They are just children, after all. But, I believe I would have been terrified as well. I thought about it, what would have been my greatest fear at 13. I know what my greatest wish was, back then, so I can assume what my fear would have been. It's difficult facing your fears, particularly those that are psychological in their origin. But knowing my wish would have been fitting in and getting some real friends at last, it wasn't hard to deduce that my biggest fear, had anyone asked me at the time, would be losing what I had - my family. In actuality, utter loneliness. But, thinking on it some more, I doubt my classmates would have seen things with the same seriousness, just as the Gryff class had seen inconsequential things, such as various monsters - fears that would change, fears that are easily beaten.

Anyway, fantastically written one-shot.
dragongirlG chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Well done - I loved how the Slytherins were three-dimensional here, and you definitely showed that they are still just kids, just trying to put on adult faces and prepare themselves for something they'll never be ready for. I loved Draco's boggart as well as Theodore's and Blaise's, and the convo with Snape at the end highlighted some of the most disturbing issues of adolescence and of the HP canon.
ReaderinthePNW chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Excellent! Very thoughtful.
faryal chapter 1 . 8/8/2009
i never thought i could ever like slytherins and snape in one fanfiction but you definitely proved me wrong
Muria chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Powerful and potent. I love these interpretations. Very well-written, and nicely in-character.
Inumaru12 chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
I enjoyed it. It's nice to see someone putting the Slytherins not in a dark/negative light. I mean, they are all just children after all. great job.
MinervaEvenstar chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
The Snape/Lupin conversation was very good. I found the boggarts you chose for the students interesting. Great job!
zodiakat chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Wow this was so good! You know, it's nice to see people care about Slytherin's as much as they care about Gryffindore's! I'm adding you to author alert and this story to my favorite's!
krachum chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Compelling. Nice job on creating likely fears. Theodore was delightfully disturbing.
201 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »