Reviews for Night Terrors
AinoMinako chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
...Wow. That's been the saddest, best thing you've written so far. I'd love to see something like that in the upcoming series, or even the mini-sequel. You seem to have Ron's personality down pact, and have taken it farther than the writers dare to go. Kudos all around!
puppiescute a.k.a. Mic Mic chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Aw! I absolutely loved it. Very cute and uncliche.
captainkodak1 chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Cyberwraith my friend, you again have penned a wonderful story. Ron is facing a tremendous burden, yet Kim is there to help. She will stop at nothing to help him. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Yamal chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Absolutely fantastic. Rather short, but really good. i can't wait to read the next part of the story! It can be awesome. Thanks a lot for your effort and keep up the amazing work. _ You know you have a reader in me, hehe.
Akemi chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Brilliant piece! I love these one-shots you do after a part of the "Power" series is finished.

As usual, the imagery is excellent and the writing is flawless.

I can't wait for the start of the third in the "Power" series to begin.
pokey chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
Lovely, I love how you do those soft moments between them.
TraciBil20 chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
I'll have to aggree with Classic Cowboy(long time fan!) they DO need to kiss and get it over with, I loved it nonetheless. It almost made me cry . . . .almost. I will admit that I had a tear in my eye by the end. Can't wait to for the last story in your "The Power of..." series!
WWLAOS chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
Nine, you ARE way more awesome than I ever imagined. I'm not sure how that counts as a disclaimer, though.

The opening dream sequence was down-right frightening. Perhaps it's because I could see that happening, or perhaps it's because of the insane quality of description put into it, but man was that creepy. It wasn't much more than a screen's worth of text, yet after just that little bit I felt as if I'd read volumes of frighteningly vivid and interesting description of this horror. That was awesome...it gave me chills. The deaths of Yori, Kim, and Rufus...that's got to be one hell of a nightmare for poor Ron. As if the death and conquest of the entire rest of the world weren't enough already. The dream was outstanding.

Kim's auditory voyeurism was beautifully written. The description of his actions from the perspective of only her ears and mind was quite the literary treat...you crafted excellent imagery without us ever "seeing" anything. Her talk with Ron was equally well written. The description of Ron's appearance and the changes it went through was masterfully done. I especially enjoyed the change as the "real Ron" took over. Also, both the physical and the verbal aspects of the conversation were very well scripted. Ron's description of his feelings and the reason for them was excellent, as was Kim's admittance of who keeps her grounded. The final resolution was very sweet and quite enjoyable, if not entirely unexpected. The repeated use of Ron's uncertainties and terror as near-tangible specters really added to the feeling of the wieght of this problem and the effect it was having on Ron.

Once again, that was a beautiful story. Kim's "closing statements" there at the end after they settled into the futon seemed a bit...superfluous. They did further push her point across, so it's not like they were entirely useless, just possibly a bit unneccesary. All they really did was restate everything that she had already said. The part about her not letting anyone hurt him WAS really sweet, though. I certainly am in favor of keeping that, even if it is an impossible promise.

Anyway, thank you for posting this for me (and your other fans too, I suppose) to enjoy. Now my dreams can be filled with the horrors of an unleashed Monkey Master. Oh, speaking of which, I still love the capitalization you give to Him...it really pushes across the whole "God" point.

I look forward to the next time you decide to provide further proof of your literary genious.
Classic Cowboy chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
those two really really need to just kiss and get it overwith. I mean ... c'mon! that was so sugary my teeth bout rotted out. great stuff _
Mist chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
I have been waiting FOREVER for someone to write a fic like this! What do I mean by that? Well since Ron got his powers I always thought that if they got out of control, Ron would become very frightened of himself. Ron's just so sweet and loving he'd never forgive himself if he hurt any one. Since then, I have always wished someone would write a fic like this because it explores Ron's true-Ronness and why we all love him. Excellently done. Wonderful writing of Kim's part by the way. Nicely done as well. I adore this whole fic. Very well done.
trecebo chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
You painted a terrific picture. The close friendship that borders on more on many levels. The realness of the terrible dream. Nice job.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2