Reviews for Fathers and Sons
Abe Lincoln Lover chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
good read, and a great heart-warming conversation

it's nice to know that not everybody hates Raoul
ktsgran chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
What a wonderful idea. So original. This showed the humanity of both men. You brought out jealousy, hate, pity and the greatest of all emotions love. Thank you so much. JPL
violet pixie chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
There are no words. This is just... so awesomely brilliant and amazingly wonderful. *loves* :D
Nuria Shadow chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Well, I for one really enjoyed this story. It was beautifully written and you expressed the character's emotions well enough for me. I thought this work was lovely and a wonderful idea at that. Well done, very well done.

-N. Shadow
Opera Dove chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
I liked this. Especially the cat line. It was so funny.
stefanie bean chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
I just love, love, love "Erik Love Children." And Erik Love Grandchildren, too. They represent hope for the future, life, generosity, and give Raoul a real chance to shine.

You don't see too many well-done Phantom afterlife stories. I like the idea of the two men reconciling, and one would expect their first attempt would be tentative, a bit prickly, and that they'd be unsure with each other.

I found it touching that Erik didn't think he "deserved" heaven - little does he know how close that makes him. I also liked the touch that everything about him wasn't immediately healed - it suggested that perhaps he had more to work out on the other shore before returning to the state his Creator originally intended for him.
fictionreader chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Wow, I loved it! It was so unique and so well-written. You kept the characters very true to Kay. It was a beautiful story; I have never read anything like it and I have read a ton of phanfics. Thank you!
Musique et Amour chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
I'm not one for reviews, and it's rare that I give them, but I felt inclined to do so with this one. Very, very well written. Both of them were quite in character. You actually made Raoul tolerable, heh.

Keep up the good work.
Gwynevere1 chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
I really enjoyed this fic. It's interesting to examine how Erik and Raoul might have interacted had they ever had the chance.
StarMajesty chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
Huh. That was surprisingly well-written.
Britomartis chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
That was beautiful. Utterly convincing but still with a lot of emotion.I love Raoul for that. At last he is portayed well. I odn't even have to talk about Erik. It almost made me dislike Christine for being weak willed. Wow! She didn't deserve either. Just had to say wonderful!
purloinedinpetrograd chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
Aww, that was so sweet!
Riene chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
I enjoyed this one as well...this had a unique POV and an interesting storyline. It is pleasant to encounter an articulate, creative writer!

~R
fallowdoe chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
I like this, I like it very much. It portrays both characters with an accuracy and honesty I respect. I like how you play on that theme in Kay that Charles makes possible- Raoul gets his turn, in her story, to make the same sacrifice Erik did. To step back, in his way, to accept things he did not want to about Christine, as Erik once did. In a way, to give her up. And again, the result is love- Charles' love for Raoul, and Raoul's love for Charles.

I thought it was a lovely way to bring Raoul really into the center of the end of the story- a place where he is rather window dressing in many versions. It's something you really emphasize here. It makes him a real person, and a person with real depth, compassion, and kindness. We see him in a new light, a deeper, more true light, just as Erik's sacrifice shows him in a new light at the end of Leroux. It makes the characters really walk in step, and I especially like that you focused here on the strange similarities that actually exist between these two characters. I think you portray that quite well here.
an-angel-in-hell chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
interesting. and very, very good.