Reviews for We'd Only Just Begun
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
both, willing to sacrifice self for the other... love... selfless

Warg chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Awesome snap-shot!

And from Tomoe's eyes for once. Desperation and wistfulness wtched in evry word.

The flow is powerful, the prose seems.. alive..

Great read.
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
How many times in fanfiction did I read about Kenshin's memory, his agony of seeing her blood in the snow? And this is the first time I've seen a peice through her eyes, of seeing _his_ blood staining the snow. "Her already escape-torn hands, heedlessly thrust heavenward, eagerly embrace the vengeful, hellbound silver death" was my next favorite. I slid my eyes closed over that one, the taste of the words all metallic and bitter.

Like tears.
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Wow. In one hundred words, you really captured that single split moment where everything changed for the two of them. The last line was so bittersweet.

We'd only just begun...It's sad. But very cleverly written!
Banana Rum chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
From here on out, I'm just going to pretend that these have nothing to do with Rurouni Kenshin, concentrate on them as if they were non-fandom related prose, and keep reading.

I like the clipped feel of this piece-it has just the right thrust of urgency to help the reader visualize the woman's haste.

Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Wuff! That was a killer! You portrayed Tomoe's emotions and thoughts like you were inside her head at the time! I am beyond amazed. This was wonderful! Thanks!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
I don't think I have ever read this critical moment from Tomoe's POV before. The confusion and the urgency are so well communicated with your form, the short phrases and exclamations interspersed with questions. "Free at last! ...Is there time? So far away… see his blood—his blood!—stain the snow. The snow—so deep!" But in the end the heartfelt but simple declarative brings the sense of calm but immutable reality " most precious love: too late known, and too soon lost."
Delle Reed chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
Very poignant - beautifully done! Marvelous job with Tomoe's POV.
MabuiMiyoko chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
sniffles i found that a sad piece.. so nicely described... gj
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Wow. The was beautiful. I never used to be big on Tomoe (until I started writing Battousai... once you get into his head, you start liking what he likes, I guess... *laughs*) But somehow you've managed to get into her head and beautifully express the thoughts running through her mind in that explosive moment. I LOVED "he is failing. Her heart catches in her throat to see his weakness"

heh... Maybe I'm sick, but there's something beautiful about a strong character showing signs of weakness. I think it's because if they pull through they've proven that they are that much stronger.

Great job. Simply amazing. And sorry about the pointless rambling throughout the review!

Wistful-Eyes chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
I thought that was beautiful. The line where it describes her hands reaching for the blade seems somehow innocent to me... Like all she wanted was to stop it from descending and that was the only thing on her mind. Well, just that line alone gives me that image. Reading the whole thing was cool. 100 words seems like very little to me now. :P But they packed a punch! :P (wooh, bad attempt). Anyway, cyz!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Another wonderful 100-word piece! You always do such a wonderful job in being able to capture such powerful emotion in just a few words... Great job!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
This really caught Tomoe's sense of panic and anguish during her last moments in the OAV! She got between the combatants so quickly in that scene - it was like she appeared instantaneously. Your story shows exactly what she must have been thinking as she slogged through the snow in an adrenalin rush. For 100 words it said A LOT! Good job!