Reviews for To Hell and Back
Steph chapter 6 . 9/5/2005
Sorry, but that was about as unrealistic and out of character as you could get! I enjoyed the first chapters as well written and generally in character but I've missed all these qualities in the last two chapters.

Sirius Black, childhood-tormentor, attempted murderer (who incidently never expressed the slightest bit of remorse for his horrible action) and bully extraordinary stuck in teenage behaviour as the one Snape, who was his victim in all those instances, would listen too? And out of genuine motives, and not for the Order's good just because he too was in Azkaban? That's a laugh! The fact that Black started to "mature" just for the "getting the greasy git back"-operation is also out of the blue since he hasn't shown such behaviour before.

With Snape, who is a master in holding grudges and has every reason to wash his hands of the people who mistrusted and mistreated him even years before the betrayal simply forgetting all this enough to go back after days? If anything BLACK of all people breaking into his sanctuary and coming after him would have made him more determined to stay away from OotP. You also failed to give a valid explanation why Severus should go back - he can't serve as a spy anymore and as helpless and ineffective as you describe the Order there shouldn't be much reason. He'd probably be more effective on his own fighting more subtle for the "good" side. What is his motivation to go back now - aside from "I want to fight" which sounds more like Potter junior than Snape.

For me, you left characterization as established, realism and probability with this chapter and went straight into the realm of cliched fairytale. And even your warning of troubles to come in the AN can't help that since the situation itself is incomprehensible imo.
aduro chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
i love your story

Severus has always been a favorite charactor of mine, even though i haven't the guts yet to make him a main character in my story (i only have one so far)because i'm afraid i'll butcher his character, but you seem to be doing a good job with him, i really love the concept of the story too, severus betrayed and how would he react, please keep writing, because your story is enjoyable to read, it flows nicely and isnt forced, go you!
No.names.availible chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Great chapter *grateful smile*
ChernobylGhost chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Eek! Wonderful, wonderful, oh yes, wonderful...
Abacus 777 chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Really enjoying this. I think your idea of Sirius being the one to track down and talk to Snape was perfect - as he says, he's really the only one who can understand exactly what Snape is feeling. More soon, I hope.
Jedi Kid chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Great story, can't wait to see what happens.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
LOVE IT! I went back to it to see if you updated and there you did! I was so happy! Right now i'm waiting for your other stories to updated, like this one! YES! Snape's back!

Hehe, betcha Snape would curse Dumbledor couple times in near future...

Q what would Snape going to do to help the light side? All i can think he could do is go back teaching (but i think he's not ready, yet).
CitizenOfLilliput chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
AH! No...

MORE! Write MORE!
Jennie chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
That was too easy. And for it to have been triggered by Sirius, of all people, it just didn't seem very likely. I hope Severus has something up his sleeve...
Jzeylyn chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Wow! I loved the conversation between Sirius and Snape. If anyone knows what Snape is thinking or feeling, Sirius ought to. Kudos to Snape for deciding to fight for the Light side so quickly. (I would have stewed for a little while longer out of spite :-)

Update! Update! Update!
Barb8 chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Yeah Severus is back, and on the side of the light. Great update!
Mel J1701 chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
I'm glad you haven't given up on this story; I was getting a bit worried there!

Anyway, it was a refreshing change to see that immature prat that is Black finally grow up and try to reach out to Sev as a kindred spirit. Probably it will only be Black who can convince him to stay with the Light side since he's the only who can understand. However, in some ways, it was easier for Black because he had Harry to keep him going whereas Severus has no-one.

I'm glad Sev won't be forgiving Dumbledore easily though. After all, why should he? Dumbledore has frequently shown Severus he doesn't care that much for him so why should forgiveness come easily when he made such a devestating mistake?

I'm surprised Lucius hasn't paid Severus a visit yet though. It would be just like him to play on Severus' confusion, pain and mistrust and try to re-recruit him back to Voldemort's side.

Anyway, looking forward for the next chapter!
supernova8610 chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Woohoo! Excellent chapter!
Oya chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Oh, can't wait for more of the confrontations between Sev and Dumbledore.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 9/4/2005
Open arms? How touching, considering he never had that at 12 Grimmauld Place the first time around. The first time an Order member gets smacked down for saying 'greasy git' even if it's the Glorious Boy Who Lived, _then_ I'll believe it.

Good chapter, though. Nice to see Sirius Black get a Maturity Booster this late in his life. Pity he didn't take any responsibility for treating Snape like crap at the Black house earlier on, but I suppose we can't have everything. After all, Black _never_ made nasty comments about Snape there (except for all through OOtP, that's all).
407 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »