Reviews for Quiet Girl
Neko-Mitsuko chapter 32 . 4/7/2008
Wow beautiful that's all I have to say.
Sh.C chapter 32 . 2/23/2008
Wow, I really loved this story. I always felt the Daria series ended much too abruptly. You're an excellent writer, I hope you keep it up!
Sh.C chapter 18 . 2/23/2008
Oh wow. This is incredibly good. I'm tearing up over here.
Atripdownmemorylane chapter 32 . 2/23/2008
years ago i became a crazed fan of the genre fanfiction. Wanting everyday after school to read about the world of make believe. After a while i grew out of it because it was make believe, nothing was real about it, therefore i found it pointless. A few days ago i found myself with some extra time reminiscing about the past and decided to go back to those times and read. I was hesitant but decided to do this anyway. I stumbled upon this story and it peaked my interest. The sarcastic girl i watched years ago, living life differently than what thousands of people saw. I was hesitant but read on and finally finished. This story touched me and yes made me cry because it was real, it showed what it was like to lose the people you love over and over again. I never thought i would ever find a fanfiction that didn't seem like a stupid, unoriginal, story a crazed girl wrote depicting the sickening happily ever after with nothing going wrong before or after. Thanks for the refreshing story, I'm glad i went back on memory lane. I'm not sure if you write stories anymore, but if you do i wish you the best of luck, because you have a true talent for touching people in different ways. (even if you didn't mean to.)
Canned.Laughter chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
Ah, I happened upon this fanfic quite accidentally, as I normally don't browse the Daria fandom at all. I love the series, but most of the fanfiction when I had tried sifting through it (it had been a few years ago though, so things might have changed) were in script format, which I'm not a fan of unless it's actually written with a play in mind.

But that's neither here nor there! I wanted to say, that I really, really enjoyed this story. It made me tear up, even! What you've created is very, I suppose, real. But that's a very ambiguous term, isn't it? Perhaps, plausible? Or rather, I can draw parallels from your story to my life or anyone else's life for that matter. And that takes some talent.

I do love the fact that you didn't make things easy. And not to say that you gave them an overabundance of angst ("them" being any of the characters), but that you followed one footstep into the story, and helped it flow naturally without giving the reader any indication that an author was pulling the strings. To me, I could see this future happening.

Of course there were points that could have been fleshed out, areas that felt rushed or repetitive, but overall that would be nitpicking and I thought you had done a good job.

Congrats. And thanks.
AttackingHentaiChibisLoveFluff chapter 32 . 2/3/2008
totally awsome. loved every bit
RLobinske chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Congratulations, this story has been nominated for the 2007 Daria Fanworks Awards in the Favorite Romance-Straight and Favorite Post-Is It College Yet? Written Works categories.

The full list of nominations can be found at:

Links to all eligible stories for 2007 can be found at:

Rules for voting can be found at:

Thank you.
Amber-Jade James chapter 32 . 1/25/2008
just wanted to let you know i really liked your storie

one of the best Daria/Trent shipper fics out there

Cheers

AJ
ScarlettAngel1 chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
I absolutely loved this story. Not just because I'm a diehard Daria fan, but because you took the base characters, didn't alter their original personlaties and yet made them grow and become more real.

Bravo!
Sasha1 chapter 32 . 1/19/2008
Loved the story. Oh so loved it. took them a while to get there but they finally made it. I think you put a lot of yourself in it. I mean... that's what I think. And that's what good writing is all about. Feeling what you write. I loved it. Loved the style. And the voices. I like the fact that they evolved but didn't quite change. From the first chapters to the last it was perfect. Not out of character. Just how things should be. Sarcasm never fading but life and growing up altering certain perceptions. Thanks for this. There are many parts I found particularly insightful and beautifully written. A lot of paragraphs where the imagery was simply wonderful. But I can;t get into that now cause it's late or early.. depending on your perspective. And time zone. Anyway, job well done.
hopelessromantic25 chapter 32 . 1/15/2008
Wow...that was pretty amazing. I loved Daria and the whole Daria/Trent fiasco, and reading your story, I could picture the whole thing, characters and all, playing out. It was extremely well-written and I think you nailed each character, especially Daria. Definately keep writing!
the writer formerlyknown as lm chapter 32 . 1/12/2008
I'm of the belief that every Daria fan has a soft spot for Daria and Trent. I'm proof of this, as I've found myself reading several shipper fanfics but enjoying none as much as this one.

First and foremost, Daria's hesitance was wonderful and *so* in character, but rarely explored in fics of this vein (to my annoyance). And I've actually never read a fic where Mystik Spiral 'makes it,' but your description of the mania (and the guyliner!) and Trent's loneliness was very apt. Especially the latter. It was well-written.

I also liked how you had Daria and Trent write songs *together*, which is, believe it or not, a rarity, and how you hinted at their similar love for the written word.

The thing about Tom towards the end confused me, though. Why was Daria willing to marry him, when she'd told herself over and over again that she didn't want to be connected to a man? I could analyze this, as Trent tried to, so I guess you did your job, if I'm urged to explore the underlying meaning of characters' actions, but exploring it a little more and giving the reader some clarity wouldn't hurt. And the running away on her wedding day struck me as a little cliche, but it was interesting that Daria went back to the Lane house. It was a nice way to make a circle, since it *did* start there.

Jane was also suspiciously lacking in this fic. If you ever edit it, maybe slip her some more lines here and there. Maybe think about how she would react to having a famous brother. Would people recognize her? Would she bask in the glow? Would she get annoyed and change her name? Or, would it just never come up? And, what does she feel about the whole Daria and Trent Thing? What did she think of Trent's isolation?

Anyway, your grammar was strong, save a few typos. Your prose was also well-constructed, with a nice flow. Points for that. I was a bit confused about the times in the fic, though. It felt like it jumped around a lot; could've been smoother.

And, contrary to how it might sound, I don't expect you to edit your fic. I'm just operating on 'if you do, here are things to consider...' I don't edit my fics, since, once I'm done with them, I'm usually done. You may share my sentiments.

Thanks for writing one of the best Daria fics I've ever read and my fav. shipper fic EVER. It was a nice little ride. (And the fanart's really cute. :J)
Marisusi chapter 32 . 1/11/2008
WOW I loved this story I've been reading it since a while back maybe a little bit after you started it, and I used to check it every once in while and I can't remember if I ever reviewed, If I didn't then I should have.

Anyways I just wanted to tell you that I'm deeply statisfied with the ending, I don't know, it just left me with a sence of peace.

PPMKatie chapter 32 . 1/4/2008
I've been a fan of this story for ages. I'm used to the Daria stories having a huge hiatus between chapters. When you started spitting them out again so rapidly, I was delighted.

You gave us such a fantastic, warm, complex, true story I just had to sing your praises.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent. It was ruly a beautiful story.

Congrats on getting my Fanfic of the Month Award.

Have Fun! Stay Happy! Love Always, PPMKatie