Reviews for Quiet Girl
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 32 . 12/24/2016
This was very well written and pretty enjoyable despite how it made me cry a few...several times. I don't understand why they're not married after an extra five years. Hopefully they update their wills regularly so that they're possessions can take care of their family should they die suddenly.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 31 . 12/24/2016
Oh good she's not marrying that asshole. And apparently FINALLY going to commit to be with Trent. About damn time!
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 30 . 12/24/2016
She's changing. Turning into someone she doesn't want to be. Allowing the opinions of some rich bitch to influence and affect her. Is being emotionally manipulated by a man into a commitment she wasn't even ready for with Trent yet doesn't realize any of this? ?!
And on top of that she's acting like she can't back out of this wedding she hates and doesn't want to do. She has every right and opportunity to bail or decline up until they ask her if she will say "I do". This older Daria is Fuckin stupid and seems set on making herself miserable and unhappy. At least her parents actually love each other and still do. She's trying to have a marriage far more lacking. I understand that life happens and shit occurs but she's being more illogical to me. I swear Tom must be using some kind of voodoo magic to make her so stupid in her judgments of him.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 29 . 12/24/2016
I can't believe this shit! She's engaged to Tom? Fuckin Tom Sloan?! Dammit Daria! You really are a fool! That sick douche played both you and your best friend without a care and you keep entertaining that slimy moron!?
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 26 . 12/24/2016
So sweet. You're making me cry.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 23 . 12/24/2016
Dammit! Daria should know better! Can't really blame her though.
Jhill88 chapter 32 . 10/14/2016
I just now found this story and I gotta admit it was hard for me to stop reading. You had A way of writing them sooo real that goes beyond characterization. I love how you made Trent and Daria real and that though it ending on a happy note it was a rough and hard road to get there. I also loved how it was Trent doing the chasing with his home life he always struck me as lost little boy who wanted stability when he grew up. I love seeing their journeys not only to each other but with themselves. Mostly I love how you didn't change neither Daria or Trent. They grew up, dressed different but were still them in the end and neither gave up their dream for the other. Kudos for making Trent a grownup the show made it seem like he would always be a slacker and that's kinda sad. I feel like I could go on and on about this story because I love it sooo much. I'm so glad I found it this is officially how I see what would've happened on the show if they just gave them a chance.
edgeof4teeners chapter 32 . 7/20/2016
Eh... Not bad.
Bastassine chapter 32 . 7/1/2016
I'm surprised it's not tagged "Romance/Drama"

This fanfic was basking a LOT in the sad side of romantism. It got to me a lot, I felt bad reading it. It reminded me that once the heart gets broken, it cannot be completly healed.

Excluding the outstanding professional prowess of Trent, Jane and Daria (like they all got soaked in a work-related-luck potion when they were babies) I can't say it was a bad fanfiction.

You're quite good at what you do, this story was very touching.
Ivy chapter 32 . 5/8/2015
That was amazing! Thank you for writing it!
SexshiTiTePaNtZ chapter 13 . 5/8/2015
I found this story last night and blazed through the first 13 chapters. This is the best Daria fanfic I have read in quite sometime. Your characterization feels so genuine and the way the characters interact, especially Daria, Trent, and Jane, feels so true to the canonical storyline. I am a Trent/ Daria shipper in non-slash fics and your personal touch as a writer makes these characters feel even more human then the actual show. I like that you write these characters as if they authentically matured out of the teenage years, because there is a huge transition from the ages of 16-19 and 19-23, which is what I would guess are Daria and Trent's ages respectively in this story. The dramatic shift in maturity for both of them is quite apparent and is handled better then that of the show. I always felt Trent was better for Daria then Tom because he softens her hardened and cynic demeanor with his groundedness and laid back personality. I don't like how the show implied that Trent would never grow up and out of his garage band phase. The portrayal of Trent being a couch potato into middle age didn't seem right, although it may have been in tone with the show's dry humor. Trent didn't seem like he would stay satisfied with merely squeaking by. When people truly fall in with love one another they try to become their best selves to capture the attention of the person they have desires for, at least in a healthy and mature relationship. I thought Tom was a narcissistic jerk from the get-go. I appreciate this "ending" to the series and it feels like it could be true canon. I look forward to the rest.
Jess chapter 32 . 3/2/2015
I absolutely loved it! This story was so wonderfully written. You did an excellent job, and thank you so much.
Guest chapter 32 . 12/11/2014
Just gave up an entire night of sleep to finish your story. It was AMAZING to say the least. This is exactly how I'll believe Daria and Trent's love unfolded. You had such great hold over the characters. Thank you so much.
appalove chapter 32 . 10/31/2014
This is the first Daria fic I've read and I should probably stop right here, as I don't I could find a more perfect story for this 'verse. I couldn't put it down!
Guest chapter 32 . 8/9/2014
This was an incredible story, I loved every minute of it. You have a fantastic writing style, and great pacing. I'm glad to hear you're taking your talents outside of just fanfiction. Congratulations to you! Cheers ;)
490 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »