Reviews for Left Unsaid
Super Sheba chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
The present tense is a hard tense to write, but when finished with the one-shot, it seems to make the story all the better.

I actually wrote a fic called, "A Raven Understood," that I'd love you to check out and maybe review if you get the time.

But, back to the awesomeness of the fic. I really enjoyed this. Seeing a first-person, present-tense fic is refreshing. This is excellently done. Good job.
kingleby chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
this is relly cute _ i thought you view kenshin's character through kaoru really well.
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
i love it i love it i love it! *glomps*

i have SUCH a hard time with WAFF, so you have my complete adoration for this excellent fic! wonderful:)

sirius:D
ESP chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
Haha, I love the mental image of Kenshin 'oroing dramatically'.

And I like that kenshin understands that Kaoru didn't get to say what she wanted to say.
Kokari chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
KAWAII! WRITE SOME MORE!
emptyword chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
...I'm not sure how to start. Umm, well, first, I should probably recover my breathing. I am very, very awed by this. Well, it's more a mixture of delight and admiration than just plain awe though there's some of that too. And before I ramble any further, I'll make an attempt to explain what I mean.

I honestly didn't know what to expect here. I mean, the topic is so...so banal, really. It seems Kaoru's always wondering about Kenshin's feelings or Kenshin's leaving; I've gotten rather sick of it even. And at the same time, you seemed to be a fairly accomplished writer, good at what you do. So I just decided to read and hopefully enjoy.

I was taken by surprise. This whole piece flowed so smoothly that I didn't even notice it until midway. I had to go back and reread, and that's when I began to realize just how "accomplished" you are. From the simple, effortless way you describe and narrate to your in-depth exploration of Kaoru's character, I could tell I'd stumbled upon an expert.

What you did that marked this fanfic apart from all the others was bring Kaoru to life. I've never seen a more realistic and down-to-earth portrayal of her. She's gone from a one-sided, short-tempered anime girl to a mature woman, a real, thinking person. Her fears and hesitations are not only understandable now, they're relatable. This line particularly stood out:

“I said I’m fine, Kenshin.” And to soften the sharpness of my words, I smile back. “Sometimes, thinking things through before talking about them is also helpful. Maybe later.”

This is something I haven't seen in most K/K fanfics. You've made Kaoru mature, given her more depth. When I read this, I thought with relief: Yay! For once, Kenshin's not the only "wise one" around here! But it's not that they're out of character; they're simply brought before us, their inner thoughts and heart opened up to our eyes. I actually want to thank you for "explaining" Kaoru to me, for making me see her in a new light.

In the end, I did enjoy this thoroughly, more so than I'd have believed possible. Something of this calibre would usually go straight onto my favorites list, and I hesitate only because I've got a rather crowded list at the moment. :) But most likely, you'll still end up there somehow. Thanks for writing, and I'm terribly sorry for writing such a long review and taking up all the space!
Shaolin 10 chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
That was really sweet! I can't believe it took me so long to find this one-shot. I loved it! You're writing is spectacular. I can't wait to read more stories by you. Kay, well, see ya!
coffeeshop chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
o, that's good! D
Heather Logan chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Wow... I actually cried on my trackpad, and had trouble mousing. That was wonderful! And so very very in character! I loved the little details, like the subtle changes in expression and tone of voice. I also guiltily love Kaoru's casual violence. (I know it is true, but I don't quite understand *why* Kenshin never avoids her when she tries to hit him. I will have to think about it...)
KatsyKat chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
This was adorable – but what a taste you’ve left us with… I want the whole smorgasbord! Althoguh you stated this was a stand alone fic – and I suppose I see how you *could* leave it like this – I can’t stand it! This was a wonderfully fluffy segment and I think you could expand on it a few chapters… couldn’t u?
JaneDrew chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
*happy sigh of Kenshin and Kaoru WAFF... even the moments when they don't get to say everything they want to*

Lovely response to the challenge! Kind of reminded me of "What Can You Lose?" (from the movie "Dick Tracy,"- lyrics and music by, surprise surprise, Sondheim.. and, yes, it will be making an appearance in HSS eventually :-) ), in terms of Kaoru's emotions and her fears.

And, nice reference to Kenshin's fear/nightmare of being asked to leave- his assumption that of _course_ someday Kaoru-dono will come to her senses and kick him out, the way that he deserves.

Cookies for writing something in first person, AND in present tense. Wow. Oh, and special bonus cookies for the nice tie-in to "Baka Neko"- you connected the challenge responses! Nice!

J.D.
Miranda Crystal-Bearer chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
*Snorts* Oh yeah, you fell. Wet wet wet! Heh, it's raining here, so I can very easily imagine a wet Kenshin. O.o With two inches of rain in an afternoon, it's not hard!

This was very sweet. Poor Kenshin, Kaoru, Sano, and Yahiko. Yahiko especially. Bwess his wittle heart.

Yay for sweetness! And present tense is very hard. You have my admiration! Kudos!
LadyMisaoKenshin chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Hahaha. I like this fanfiction a lot.

Continue your writing, it's pretty good. Maybe you could give me pointers on my RK fic. ]
Painted Turtle Shell chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Wonderful story! It was so sweet! Keep up the good work!
De Lazy Lime chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
That was a good start if you are doing a pure waff story. I hope there will be more because while it was good..Its hardly enough. _ write more when you have time.

De Lazy Lime