Reviews for Left Unsaid
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
Well, after a weekend of not be able to log any reviews, things seem to be back to normal. I had to leave a review here even though I left one at meijitales since I love your writing and feel it is the only meager way I can encourage you to continue. This is another great story. I think you have a really well-developed sense of the characters and how they deal with each other. What I think you do so well is stay true to the characters as they are developed in the manga. There are many stories I enjoy that delight in twisting the characters but my absolute favorites develop what Watsuki created. I love how you avoid the overstated or the sentimental here. Kaoru kicking Kenshin off the engawa and then pushing him into the tub is dead on. So is the smile you describe Kenshin and Kaoru sharing at the end. Definitely a case where things left unsaid is more rather than less.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
I'm with Conspirator - Sano is in for some definite hurting for interrupting what was turning out to be a great dramatic moment. I LOVED the WAFF, and I want more of it! This was an incredibly sweet and tender story, despite Kaoru's annoying tendency to resort to slapstick physical violence when annoyed. You described their relationship, and Kenshin's reactions with great sensitivity. Excellent work!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
I don't know what happened... I did review already, but for some reason it showed up as an anonymous review... I KNOW I was logged in when I wrote it... Anyway, it really was a great one-shot :) Take care!
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
Hahaha! :D That was funny. I don't want you to complain about the WAFF, and I liked the present tense. Present tense always makes you feel like you are there as it is all happening. Kenshin deserves a good shove into the laundry tub from time to time.

So...this's what happened in the meanwhile of 'Baka Neko.' I think I'm starting to develop a slight fear of tofu buckets. What weapons they can be! *Shudder*
Streetwise chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
lol, as soon as you mentioned that the girls went with Yahiko, I knew that this was what was going on during Baka Neko. _

So cute. But y'know, a huggle would just fix everything.

Keep writing (if you get to much work, just threaten your boss .
lolClaidi chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
wow..interesting!..hehe..oh, unlucky kaoru, being interrupted too much!..hehe..please update soon!..

-meeh
conspirator chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
Very sweet, but I'm very seriously considering killing Sano. Anyway, little WAFF is good for the soul as long as it's well-done WAFF, which this is. Thanks!
Haein chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
Definitely enjoyable! Kaoru has more perception into Kenshin's *cough* problems than she lets on...
ryuujin dk chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
kawaii na! i loved it! kenshin adorable!
Mukyuu Tenshi chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
cute!
kawaii sakura-chan chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
Wow! I am speechless! You have truly caught the thoughts and feelings of Kaoru about Kenshin and the way she thinks, she acts, you have caught her real being. And her thoughts about Kenshin, that is unspoken in the series have come out real in this work. Great great job! Very well done! _
Guest chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
Great one-shot; I loved it! And no, you're not allowed to complain about WAFF either :) You're much better at all of this stuff than you give yourself credit for... why do you think you're so popular on this site? Anyway... I loved the tie-in to "Baka Neko"! You really did a wonderful job with this.

Good luck with your exhausting job! Believe me, I can relate... (*sigh*)
keishiko chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
waffy Kaoru-tries-to-tell-Kenshin-that-she-loves-him-for-who-he-is is certainly nothing new to the RK fandom.

...so you deserve extra, extra heapings of compliments for carrying it off very well. . nothing really heavyhanded or overstated or otherwise awkward, but really very sweet and simple, and i especially admire how you've kept Kaoru so IC.

the part where she simply smiles at kenshin instead of going on to rag at him was the highlight of her characterization for me-it would have been easy, too easy, to make her simply go on roughing him up, but the fact that she caught herself just in time and gave him that secret, private not-usually-Kaoru-but-unmistakably-Kaoru-still smile was excellent.

haha sorry to ramble. but this was a great read. .
enchantedsleeper chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
How about updating this, here, now? I mean, come on, you can't leave it. ...Can you...? Please don't! I would very much like to see if Kaoru manages to say what she wants to after all! And what Kenken does!

Why do you not like WAFF? I LOVE it! Action, yeah, okay, it's hard to write, but WAFF is pretty easy. I think.
starofhades chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
Great beginning - I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next! It was a little WAFFy, but you diluted the WAFF with some very nice humorous touches that kept me reading. Thanks for writing this fic!
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »