Reviews for Harry Potter and the Scrivenings of Slytherin
Firedavid88 chapter 41 . 8/25/2012
Hey
do you pretend to make a sequel?
anon chapter 41 . 8/24/2012
I really enjoyed your story. Very well written on par with JK Rowlings books in my opinion.
Charlesnaismith chapter 41 . 6/26/2012
Great story.

I love way you have written the main characters and given them the opportunity to mature through the story.

Great plot and dialogue.

Dumbledore and Snape characterised excellently.

Your Occlumency and theory of magic very fun to read.

I like the power balance of Harry also.

Definitely hoping for a sequel.
Dalton chapter 41 . 6/2/2012
Great story and wonderful writing. I really hope you post a sequel :)
White Ivy chapter 41 . 2/14/2012
This was an excellent story and I hope you decide to continue it, but if not, I hope you'll post info on your original story so that I can read that!
MonokromeSpektrum chapter 41 . 1/8/2012
This story deserves far more reviews than it has gotten in the six-ish years it has been on this site. Honestly, right now, I can't really put my feelings for this story into words, mostly because I just spent three days - and multiple late nights - reading through the entire thing. I love the flow of it, the plot, the characterization, everything. And you most definitely deserve a much longer and more extensive review than what's spewing from my keyboard. All I can say is that this fanfic is near the top of one of the best ones I have read (and finished) and I hope against hope that you plan on writing a sequel. The ending leaves much opportunity to continue, and I hope that is your intention, because you have an amazing gift for storytelling.

Now, as I have always felt that complements are worthless without at least a bit of criticism for improvement:

I noticed that you have a tendency to forget a period after titles like "Mrs." You also end quotes with a period when they should be punctuated with a comma. ' "I will," she said.' as opposed to ' "I will." she said '. Just a couple nitpicks, but they do nothing to detract from the story. :)

I look forward eagerly to the next installment of the series. Thank you!
Estralde chapter 41 . 1/4/2012
Rather good, old chap.

Chip Chip cheerio, etc.

That said, I've alerted your story in order to see any notations for a sequel being posted. PLEASE post one, or if you decide to be cruel, at least inform us who the typewriter is.

For some reason I want it to be wormtail.
sachi1325 chapter 41 . 12/22/2011
The storyline was awesome and the descriptions of the battles was marvellous :). dying to know the identity of the note writer. i really hope u write the seventh year fic.
duskglow chapter 41 . 12/17/2011
This was a pretty good story. It takes a good story to get me to read through 400,000 words. The argument could be made that it was too long.

This wasn't a great story, mostly because of the ending. It was entirely unsatisfactory. Usually, even if there's a sequel coming, there's at least *some* closing off of plot points. What plot points were closed off here? And do we have to wait another 400,000 words to find out?
Thornclaw18 chapter 14 . 12/6/2011
Well, so far, I'm enjoying your plot twists. The new DADA teacher's pretty cool, but your Harry's a blooming idiot. I know, I know, he's been through a lot, but honestly? You've given him worse mood swings than I've seen in nearly any fanfiction. Like everything else, and I'm looking forward to how it all works out.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 41 . 12/4/2011
nice
mudbloodpotter05 chapter 41 . 12/2/2011
Hope to see a seventh year story!
Marsupial Madness chapter 36 . 11/28/2011
AHAH! I KNEW IT! (For those who haven't read this far, I won't say exactly what I knew, but I had to tell someone...) I KNEW IT! I KNEW THAT MAN'S SECRET FROM THE START!

(Ah, sorry, I got a little excited. Triumphant, if you must)

And don't worry, Author person, it was a very good secret and very well hidden. I'm just a little quick :D

Loving the story, and I'm staying up late to finish it. I actually might find myself reading it again in the near future :D
Marsupial Madness chapter 32 . 11/28/2011
I can't tell you enough how impressed I am with your story. I simply cannot get enough! The fight was awesome and I love how your storyline is coming together. I'm sure I will have a feeling of loss when I've read the end.
TheFirstTry chapter 41 . 11/28/2011
Just finished the story, really an interesting read far better than the average piece, but still had potential for so much more. Just like I stated in my previous review, super!Harry (yes, this is super!Harry: Occlumency strong enough to stall 'the strongest Legilimens alive', wandless, silent magic, being able to duel Voldemort for an extended period of time after going through the whole troubling day before shielding AK, uber-patronus, basically solving everything alone, shooting unforgivables like nothing - you even state how hard all these spells and skills should be to get, but your Harry manages all of them during a single year) makes for a pretty boring, predictable read plot-wise.

Other characters seem to exist only to be saved by Harry and have little impact otherwise (with the exceptions of an omniscient Dumbledore - and Aravenne, who is simply brilliant, good ideas with the arenas, abramites, the whole magic theory and his true persona). I guess you could cut any other character out of the story completely without having to adjust the plot all too much. On the other hand, you managed to avoid having minor characters fall too much OOC, with the exception of perhaps Neville during the train station incident.

Harry himself barely develops as a character. He's a little emo at the start, but shakes it off almost completely during a single chapter. He isn't even really bothered by killing people later on - though I don't quite understand why using the Killing Curse bothers him. At least, in contrast to your Burning-Scything-Curse, it seems pretty painless. The only thing able to shake him afterwards is his "romance" with Ginny - and as you admitted in your A/N, romance totally isn't your strong point, it's pretty forced. Your R/Hr, on the other hand, is well done, with the lock-heart and everything - a touch of humour without too much relevance for your plot. (Trying not to spoiler, but what you did to Hermione was plain mean - I liked it a lot!)

Your story shines whenever lots of action are involved - both fight scenes and Quidditch matches are creative, detailed and very entertaining to read (unless you make Harry save Ginny for the umpteenth time - the "Dean-shoots-Ginny" thing comes to mind, which didn't make much sense at all). These scenes alone make your piece a very worthy read and make me interested in a follow-up piece, or basically any other works.

The whole Lore around the Scrivenings, old magic and Parseltongue is very interesting and leaves lots of room for development should you decide on a sequel - as does the fact that your Harry may or may not teeter along the edge of becoming really Dark. He already isn't really bothered by killing people if it's 'for the greater good', powerful enough to be close to unstoppable and has quite the reputation; watching your Harry turn Dark seems to be a logical consequence.

Hope this review doesn't seem overly critical. I rarely comment on this site, even more rarely do so twice in a single fiction. I really, really enjoyed the Scrivenings of Slytherin (actually finished it in two days) and hope for a sequel - maybe with a little less power on Harry and more reliance on his 'sidekicks'.
246 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »