Reviews for Harry Potter and the Scrivenings of Slytherin
Marsupial Madness chapter 20 . 11/27/2011
I have to say, I fell in love with this story. Because it is delightfully long, I have been reading it the passed few days and I cannot get enough! I love your writing style and your sense of humor leaves me cracking up for minutes. I meant to review the last chapter, but I kind of forgot because I wanted to know what came next. This part (and continued) had me laughing for a long time:

"Harry." Myrtle said slightly breathlessly, as he approached the hole. "What I said, last timeā€¦ I still mean it, you know?"

Harry's mouth opened, but he couldn't find any words for a few seconds. "Er. Thanks Myrtle," he said finally, before turning to Dumbledore. "Oh. Sir, it's likely to get very messy down here."

"Which you naturally forgot to inform Professor Snape of." Dumbledore said with just a hint of reproach. "Still, at least the two of us need not worry. Altecutis."

Ahaha poor Harry, and poor Snape. I personally would be horrified if a ghost offered to share his/her toilet with me... And the look I imagined on Snape's face was priceless :D

I love the way you portray the characters... they are absolutely perfect! Thank you for writing this story! I can't wait to read more.

CK Geisener
MerleHollyKitKat chapter 24 . 11/27/2011
Read a couple of other recent reviews and can't understand where they're coming from so having a break to put one in myself. It's a fantastic story with characters in canon who are 3 dimensional. It's not superficial and has a lot more to it than just action so maybe it depends what you're looking for. This story is full of depth and brilliantly written. I think it's getting better and better and when I've posted this I'm getting back to reading!
TheFirstTry chapter 16 . 11/27/2011
A well written, enjoyable read with, up to this chapter, very few problems. Harry is, in my opinion, a pretty enjoyable character with mostly understandable problems. (A little to full of self-pity, in my opinion, but it's hard to judge an emotional situation i've never found myself in; and the power you gave him at the Ministry seems over the top, even if it was mostly 'accidental'). I liked how Ron exploded on Harry about the Quidditch Captain thing - it's not like Harry, in books 1-5, ever showed real interest in both Ron's and Hermione's problems.

Yet, this chapter seems way too forced. Not only do you make your Harry repeat the exact same mistake he commited when Sirius died - rushing into a situation without either having a plan on how to act and checking the facts before, endangering all his allies by his behaviour, and let him go all self-sacrificial even though he should know better (prophecy), but you make him practically immortal in the process (splinching himself in half, yet surviving a deadly curse due to some kind of shield).

And not only doesn't he really pay a price for his mistake, he gets basically all his problems solved (Dream sequence takes away the blame for Sirius' death, Dumbledore sorts out his confidence problems with the prophecy talk and you set him up to get the girl if you plan to).

I'm really tempted to stop reading right at this point, but I'm kinda interested in how you continue your story, as I'm not even halfway through. Maybe my judgement on how Harry is going to react to the new information he got through Sirius/Dumbledore is a little premature, but it would fit your current character development.
Guest chapter 41 . 11/26/2011
I had the story in my check list because I liked the beginning as far as I remember. Also the adventure side was interesting as there aren't to many stories these days covering that genre. BUT after reading the last chapters I must confess I'm really disappointed. The constant whining and talking nonsense during a duel or in a dangerous situation were unrealistic which seriously hurt any fighting. Your environment description was unsharp too where at least I got the impression you didn't really think where people were exactly during an action. The fight at the train station just didn't work for me. Or that Percy Weasley suddenly popped out of the blue to rob the book. All that stuff felt so contrived plot driven. The fight between Harry and Voldemort didn't feel real either. They need tension and speed, here everything felt slow because you tried some emo drama. I know it's an old story history wise but to be blunt, even the latest chapters felt far too outdated for today's plot/magic/duel/character interaction standards. It didn't age well. I know this sounds quite negative and though I appreciate that you finished this, as not everybody managed that with his work, I hope the critic at least helps you for your future stories.
Altaire chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
I'm just gonna throw this out there, its really good to see you've updated this. I was worried you had just gotten tired of writing it, and whatever was wrong, I'm glad its better. For purely selfish story-reading reasons, of course P
Junky chapter 36 . 11/25/2011
When I saw the story alert, I was like, "I know I've seen that title somewhere before..." Thanks.
mamapyjama chapter 36 . 11/25/2011
I haven't read this yet - I will need a clear couple of evenings to re-read and catch up before launching into the new bits. I just wanted to say thank you for coming back to tie this off and I am really looking forward to reading it (and maybe even reviewing!)
roseblush chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
So I've only read the first chapter and this will be a hasty review because I want to read the second so desperately- this is.. incredible. You've captured Rowling's style better than any fanfic I've come across thus far. Your portrayal of the Durleys is exact. I'm sick of reading 'abusive!Dursley' fics. It's just not how it is. Thank you for this gorgeous piece of writing.
Cassandra30 chapter 3 . 10/27/2010
Excellent chapter. Ron has the emotional development of a teaspoon, remember. he isn't capable of thinking like that often.
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 10/27/2010
Dobby is such a great friend.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Excellent start!
Billie chapter 35 . 4/9/2010
hi, this story is truly brilliant! i feel like i'm reading real harry potter! like everything just flows together and unlike other fanfics this one actually seems to be going somewhere. however i am very disappointed with you lack of updates. you've said in you authors notes that you would be updating in ten days and implied that you had a near-pre-written chapter ready and waiting to be uploaded. so please update, you really have no excuse not to. it pains me to come across such brillian fics only to have them abandoned with no explanation by their author.

please, if there's some reason you haven't been able to update or have decided that you can't continure this fic could you please at least write an authors note or something to let everyone know, stop them from getting there hopes up and everything.

please. i mean this is just so truly amazing.

Bashalinge chapter 35 . 2/18/2010
this story has turned into a melee I love it keep it up.

as for the ship this is appearing to be a H/G ship although you could turn it into a H/Hr with some careful plot twists.

I always thought Harry would go after Hermoine anyways Ron is such a GIT
Dejsha's World chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
I really like this alot. Its an interesting story.
dracosbabigirl chapter 35 . 2/5/2010
I am so impressed by this story. It really feels like something JK could have wrote, everything is so plausible and the characters are written very well. I've spent the last few days reading the whole story so far and now I'm anxious to read more. Hopefully everything is going well, and that the chapters are coming along the way you want them to.
246 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »