Reviews for Harry Potter and the Scrivenings of Slytherin
Concealed Convict chapter 35 . 5/28/2009
Great story, absolutely fantastic. I had originally thought that the Defence teacher was someone who went by the initials RAB, but I'm waiting to see where you go with this. Here's hoping you continue writing, and posting, this story, because it's been a while since you updated. (That is my not-so-subtle way of telling you do update soon.)

Thanks for writing

Keep up the good work and update soon

oonstar chapter 35 . 5/25/2009
Great story, love the fact that while it is very indepth and sightful it does not fall into the trap that many fics do and become to slow, can't wait for the next chapter
Sheela chapter 35 . 5/7/2009
This is the 3rd fan fic I have read of any kind for or from any world. I feel bad. The foregoing statement probably doesn't have the specificity you would like to aid you in your chronicling, however, it is what it is.

As to the question you raised in your post ch 35 notes, there are 2 ships alluded to in this book, HG/rW and GW/HP. Ships can be defined in many ways and can take many forms. They can also go through stages. H/G is reminisent of many wartime ships between soldier/civilian and/or 2 soldiers. Should we commit in spite of our perilous missions? If you wanted to, you could have her help him despite his not taking her in fully, or, better, she helps though sperned. Harry doesn't want to spern her, but does "for her own good". Just don't anxt it too long, PLEASE!

Your ideas of wandless magic and occlumency are very helpful to me. There is always at least some truth in fiction.
Emote Control chapter 35 . 5/6/2009
This story is very good, I especially liked Snape's trial. I only have three complaints. One is that you are spacing the revelations about the Scrivenings too far apart, they need to be closer together to pique reader interest. For example, more than a dozen chapters after the suggestion that the carvings on the Chamber walls are writing, no one has pursued that any further.

My second complaint is how you portray Slytherin House. Having everyone in Slytherin house be corrupt doesn't work on demographic grounds alone - if a quarter of the wizards in England are so eager to work with Voldemort, he would have conquered long since. The otherr reason I don't think it works is thematic. A theme that runs constantly through Rowling's work is that people are more than their origins, and that position in life does not signify moral stance. At the end of every book we learn that the "villain" is almost a good guy, and that the true evil lives where we least expect it. The only exception is the sixth book, and that only sets up an even more dramatic change of roles in the seventh and final book.

Sure, a few Slytherins are bad to the bone, but that will be true in almost any group of hundreds of people. Most of the Slytherins should want nothing to do with evil and Muggle-killing. In fact, they should logically hate the Death Eaters because they have made mud the noble name of Salazar Slytherin!
purpleflyingmonkeys chapter 35 . 4/6/2009
Wow! I can honestly say that this is one of my favourites from the HP fanfictions I've read. As for H/G i think no too, only because in some stories having that relationship can make things rather fluffy!

Great! Hope you can update soon

Jayy chapter 35 . 4/5/2009
You've done a great job writing this fascinating story and i can't wait to see what happens next.

Although, I have a question. Why did the person who sends Harry the anonymous notes have to possess Hedwig? Couldn't he/she have just sent the note addressed to Harry using another owl?

I would classify this as H/g, but I would add that it is really minor, and people who don't really care for H/G (such as myself) won't be bothered by it too much, if at all.
AngelMoon Girl chapter 35 . 4/3/2009
Hmm... I suppose it could be H/G, though I agree with you in that I prefer the answer to be no. SO many HP fics out there are romance-laden, and this one is refreshing in the fact that the main theme is of friendship, rather than trying to ship Harry up with someone. I love your story even more because you AREN'T distracted by all that drama. The focus is more on character relationships based on friendship, trust and mentoring. My favorites in Scrivenings are Harry's relationships with this friends, Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape- excited to see what you'll be doing with the latter. I can't wait to discover SS's true loyalties.

Please, please, please (I'm begging you on my knees!) upload ch. 36 very soon; you don't know how much I look foward to updates from you. This story literally brightens my day when I find out a new chapter has been posted. It is so realistic; I feel as though everytime I peruse the pages, I'm reading a work done by JKR herself! Your vocabulary is well-honed, and I get a little buzz whenever I read a particularly HP canon-ish line. Another of my guilty pleasures about this story: I love how excited I get after an action sequence. No two battles you write are ever the same, and there's always an unexpected twist to lure your readers in. I'm always perched on the edge of my seat at every skirmish, rooting on Harry and company with an unquenchable desire for more tugging at my brain.

So, pretty much what I'm trying to say is UPDATE SOON BECAUSE I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH SCRIVENINGS! :-D

AngelMoon Girl
aurotuli chapter 35 . 2/4/2009
Yes, this is most definitely a Harry / Ginny story, although I would characterize the relationship as being a minor side story to the main plot. Any other pairing with Harry in this story just would not work and at this point would come across as rather forced and deus ex - throwing off the flow and feel of the story.
zoya4 chapter 35 . 1/29/2009
Its a fantastic story. Pacy, well defined characters and logical. H/G ship does not work for me. harry has loads on his mind and while your G is more than than canon, there is simply not enough chemistry to justify a love to the end of time kind of feeling. I think the story should stay focused on the action. And if you see romance, how about Susan...we saw some nice interaction in the beginning. A little spark not the whole thing could be a nice variation.
nxkris chapter 35 . 1/14/2009
wonderful story. i love the way you have written this so far. the action is great. as to H/G i dont think so with what you have written. there isnt enough to go with.
smiling.fortuna chapter 35 . 1/13/2009
hey, you posted again! great! I can't say more than I already have - still love your story and think it is one of the best hp fics I've ever read. Please keep writing!

Especially good is the characterisation - and I wouldn't worry too much about classifying it as harry/ginny or not. Both works for me, as long as you don't call it a romance story. I think it depends on who you want to attract to your fic - H/G lovers who search for that category, or, if you don't mention any pairing, the people who don't like romance and pairings... I feel it's more of an adveture story, and of characters growing up, fleshing out the magic world etc., so the H/G part (which is in any case just tiny) just isn't that important.

Finally, I liked the part where Charity Burbage didn't believe Harry - I always find it annoying if everyone just obeys him, and this was very believable for a teacher whose class was just interrupted by some student. And hopefully we'll see more of Zabini - is he the letter writer? I'd love to see a Slytherin who's cunning and ambitious but decides Voldemort isn't in his best interest! Anyway, I hope to read more soon, and keep up the good work!
The French Dark Lord chapter 35 . 1/13/2009
I never understood why these damned wizard neverdid anything to protect the school from outside forces,I mean come on ward are nice and all,but seriously what the castle need is a resident quad of professoinals trained and sworn to protect and defend Hogwart and the student at all cost.

Keep writing!
cheri chapter 34 . 12/31/2008
This is fantastic, i do hope you finish it
donal10 chapter 32 . 12/5/2008
I wasn't sure about this story at first. But I found it to be one of the best i've read so far! And as for the fight between Dumbledore and Tom... excellent!
kathrinebkyz chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
very nice will read the rest in a couple days
243 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »