Reviews for Mauve Satin and Polished Mahogany
MithLuin chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Nicely done! I love how the image of Murphy in the coffin keeps popping up in the midst of the train of thoughts...how you can't quite tell he's fallen asleep and dreaming because a moment before he was awake. That's exactly what it's like to be mostly awake in the small hours of the night.

And I know you asked the question like 5 years ago, but like the others said, the shooting script specifies they are in Rocco's mom's house. They cut the line where he says something like 'My mom is gonna kill me' after they make such a mess of her kitchen. Of course...they're using the iron Rocco packed, so they could really be anywhere.

And...you captured Connor's thought processes so well. He's obviously very protective of his brother, but the guilt and the responsibility that eventually comes through rings true. And the ending? Yep, the answer to all of his questions is to hear Murphy's voice!

Loved it!
Tri chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
They are at Rocco's mom's house, it sais so in the script.I know it's impossible to tell from the movie alone. But yup
sylphides chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
Well it's been a couple years since this was posted but I only just discovered it and I thought I'd leave a review and tell you that I think this oneshot is amazing. The subtle descriptions, the way you characterized Connor, the nightmarish way his mind keeps wandering back to the image of the coffin- beautiful and moving and just unbalanced enough for a realistic depiction of Connor with an insomniac's troubled mind.
Nicholas de Vilance chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
During the ironing scene they were supposedly at Rocco's mom's house. I don't know if that answers your question, but there it is.

Signed,

Nicholas de Vilance
princessofthepea chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
You may have already gotten the answer to this, but they were cauterizing their wounds with the iron. The needed to do that to stop the bleeding since they couldn't go to a hospital.
Sadie Hyde chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
I really liked this- I'm not so great at the actual 'critiquing' but I think you did a fine job with the imagery- it's very easy to imagine the coffin from just the hints of satin and mahogany. I like how you put in the dialect but not in a way that seems comical, it flows very naturally. And yeah, Rocco's an idiot and this is completely keeping with what we know of how Connor thinks and what he'd fear most. Great job. Thanks for the wonderful read. Oh, and great spelling and error free grammar ALWAYS a treat. If only writers were so courteous...
Sadie Hyde chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Adluna chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
wow, that's really good, and really powerful. You captured Connor's thoughts perfectly.
Akai-Akegata chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
Very good story. You perfectly captured Connor's thoughts. Nice job incoporating the scenes from the movie! Awesome!

BOONDOCK SAINTS FOREVER! BEST MOVIE EVER!

Oh yeah! The iron scene takes place in Rocco's kitchen.
P.L. Wynter chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
Hey! I love this story. It really captures everything about the movie beautifully.

I'm collecting a bunch of Boondock fanfics to put into a C2 community and I'll be adding this story. If you don't want it to be in there, tell me and I'll take it out.

Thanks a bunch!