Reviews for No Mere Ranger
Darkover chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Dear Ainu Laire: This was a very enjoyable tale, and you did a fine job of writing the characters. Both Merry and Aragorn were portrayed just as they should be, IMHO, and the dialogue between them was well written. The hobbits were innocent in many ways, but perceptive, too. Thanks for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
aragornnnn chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
What! You called me foul! (starts crying) boo hoo hoo. He called me foul.
Terikel chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I really like their friendship. And Aragorn surely is foul enough. xD
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Two of my favorites- goody! You did well with combining the two natures- book and movie. Good job!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
This is a good story.
LynxL chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Hi!

It's me who's Lynx90 at Deviantart :) This is the first fanfic I've read that you have written and I think that it's very sweet. Since I love Aragorn, I love to see people reacting to the fact that he is a king
iccle fairy chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
lovely! like the name thing!
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
I loved it Please do more like this!
CharliesHoodie chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
I officially liked that. Merry and Aragorn pretty much rock, and I love their relationship together. I think it's great to explore the character's relationships with other members of the Fellowship, as it was explored in greater detail in the actual books. People mainly just set off Merry and Pippin together, and I enjoy that too, but I also really like Merry and Frodo, which is one of my favorite sets - and it wasn't discussd much in the movie. But this was great!
Asher Elric chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Very cute, I liked this!
Rain in the Morning chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Tee hee hee! I love Merry in this story!

I never considered how the hobbits would react to Aragorn's heritage. In the movie they show Frodo reacting to the news, but nothing else. Merry's confusion was utterly adorable. I giggled at the thought of him saying "Straragorn"!

The reference to the "foul enough" scene was nicely done. And the poor hobbit's embarrassed, bumbling apology was perfect. The Merry in this story seems more bookverse to me, but it fit.

I especialy enjoyed cogitating on Merry's thoughts at the beginning of the fic, where his innocence and ignorance are revealed. I loved how you used the maps to illustrate this. I applaud you!

You know, I haven't read any other "Council" fics, but since you mentioned that they have been written, I must check them out...

Happy writing!

-Rain
memyselfandi chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
Ha! I always knew Merry was smarter than he seemed.
Periantari chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
I love this both characters sound very true to the book/movies! The bit about Aragorn overhearing Merry was awesome -so funny!

And i like how Merry described Aragorn that he would be a great King. :D Wonderful perceptive Merry... hehe

And your Aragorn is obviously wonderful. :D

Cute adding this to my fave story list ;)
RedJam chapter 1 . 10/20/2005