Reviews for Fallen
Possibly the first person to make Jenova not be completely insane. Yay!
you wrote that in middle school? I'm impressed.
PenumbraTheWolf chapter 1 . 4/6
So the original form of this was written over a decade...wow lol, I can't imagine how it would feel to look back on your previous works and realize how time just zooms by for so long. Also, it must've been before prequels, sequels, and spinoffs were made. I probably wouldn't be here reading this if I had already seen/played any of them, and I probably never will, because after seeing Advent Children, I was sooo confused with the whole story. No, I think I'd rather stick with this one, thank you very much!

By the way, about the Yuffie thing, I know what you mean. Except I USED to like her when I was little. Didn't really got to know much about her, until recently I was in middle of the playthrough I decided to leave her out. She was awful. I even got irritated in trying to LVL up in a forest and DAMMIT SHE JUST WOULDN'T LEAVE ME ALONE AHAHA!

Oh but don't get me wrong, not that I ever hated her entirely. I was reminded how funny she can be when I saw the prologue of your original fic. The first POV of her made me snicker for half a minute, the way you put it just made her sound like she's a maniac with her wounded from the final battle yet smiling about materia when in the meanwhile everybody else was still grieving. That totally just sounds like her had the creators didn't bother changing her attitude, thus half the people from the US wouldn't like that very much. :))

As for the actual story, or at least, the first chapter... I must say I love it. I was always obsessed with the CloudxAerith pairing and I was kinda happy seeing a bit of that here. 'Kinda' because now I'm feeling sorry for Tifa in this part. I didn't used to think about what would become of her if she only stayed friends with Cloud, and nowadays I'd wished she deserves better. Oh, and I also liked how you switched to all the main characters POV. It gives me the the best interest to see how each and every one of them will be doing in the upcoming chapters, if that's what was planned!
loveaustralia chapter 4 . 5/6/2011
I've really been enjoying your story. The character development has been great.
xandria chapter 46 . 3/5/2011
Hi Yinza, I just wanted to drop a line to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading "Fallen"! It's a well-written story - I like the plot, your take on Aeris and Sephiroth, and your original characters too. In fact, I liked both Minerva and Katrina. :-) Thanks a lot for taking the time to share this story! Great work!
HopelessRomanticist chapter 10 . 10/7/2010
I actually like this. Most people seem in character, but especially Vincent. You portray him very well, and you Original characters don't take over or act as Sues. My one complaint would be Cloud's current characterisation. I mean, sure he liked a lot Aerith, but Word Of God, and (IMO) the game showed him to love Tifa. (Anyways, isn't Zack's memories the reason why Cloud thought he loved Aerith...? On that note, I do hope Zack appears somewhere, be it only in Aerith or Sephiroth's memories...)

Ah well, back to reading.
Donna chapter 2 . 8/26/2010
Ha ha! My sister and I often play games (Read: talk) with each other at night, and sometimes we forget the names of the people we're playing. We've gotten Very good at saying hey you or describing them. What I mean is, We know who we're talking to, we know they're there, it's just... we can't remember the name! It's a little funny, isn't it?
Touzokuou chapter 46 . 1/13/2009
I know this story has long since ended, but I must say, this is one of the best fictions I have ever read so far in my life. The characters are portrayed quite wonderfully, though I tend to think that Sephiroth mentioned about him killing Aeris a little too...many times? But I guess it expresses the way he feels deeply guilty of what he did in the past. All in all, I totally love this fic, and would have printed it out for continuous offline savoring if not for the fear of exploding my printer. :D
Kittencharmer chapter 46 . 9/16/2008
Well done, lady!
Vicious Dice chapter 2 . 9/13/2008
Me like.
Kittencharmer chapter 32 . 9/9/2008
Now here are a few new spins:

One, where a character has the awareness that another is falling in love with him or her, and having concerns about the ability to reciprocate. Funny how it's practically never written about, yet haven't most of us experienced that turmoil? Kudos to you.

Spin number two occurs at the very end of this chapter, where for once, I feel a sense of sympathy for Jenova. She has emotions, whether or not she is willing to accept that this is what they are. Additionally, she has a sense of being finite. It's about time the unquestionable villain of every FFVII fic be portrayed in a shade of grey.

Now I must read on!
Kittencharmer chapter 31 . 9/7/2008
"You leave him alone for five minutes and he's found something else to blame himself for." ...

Oh my, but this is perhaps the most amusing thing I've read in awhile. I read it a few times and laughed aloud every time I did so. Kudos to you.

This was also a very moving chapter.

You've outdone yourself.
Many already left here chapter 7 . 12/10/2007
i like the story so far. The recount of Vincent and Lucrecia is amazing, as are Sephiroth's childhood flashbacks.
Rai Science chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
awesome
Masamune's Song chapter 36 . 5/19/2007
I like the way this story has progressed . . . Particularly Sephiroth's little "relapse" there.

The dance scene and Sephiroth coming to terms with his own feelings were particularly good- there's a lot of feeling there and I was really drawn into their interactions.