Reviews for Andy
ISwearAngelWasThere chapter 8 . 4/10
I read this a long time ago and forgot to review and then I found it again and I remembered how much I love it! It’s such an amazing story! Reading it really made my day!
MusicalLife chapter 8 . 5/24/2011
Aw, poor Angel. Good story, though!
there's no one here chapter 7 . 6/14/2007
AWW ANGEL! Oh my god!

Oh, this is a really good story by the way, I stumbled upon it and have been wrapped up in it ever since! Good job!
ManyHawks chapter 8 . 11/6/2006
WHOO HOO! YES! THAT WAS FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! I got my little sister mad at jason, haha.

The doctor led Collins to a hall off the waiting room. He looked mostly at his clipboard when he spoke. It all sounded like medical mish-mash to Collins’s ears. It appears that Angel has blah blah blah, and displays la dee da. Blah something something AIDS something. Blah blah blah….

“But what does that mean?” Collins exploded. The doctor adjusted his glasses. “Is Angel going to get out of this place alive or not!”

“Please settle down, Mr. Collins,” the doctor said, suddenly changing his voice to sound kinder and more understanding. “This must be very difficult for you. Are you his… uh….”

“Yes, I’m his fucking ‘uh’! Now tell me if he’s okay!”

“I’m sorry too. For not listening.”

“Well,” Angel smiled, “I’m sorrier.”

“I’m sorriest.”

“I’m sorriestest.”

“I’m sorriestest times infinity plus two.”

Angel laughed, and it hurt. She started to cough just a little, and Collins quickly gave her the cup on the table beside her, putting the straw between her lips.

He stood dressed in front of the mirror, decked out in sparkles and fishnets and heels. It would be his first night out like this. His friends would be here soon to take him dancing and drinking. He applied a layer of lipgloss and turned to check his butt in the mirror. A name. He needed a name. He could not dress like this and call himself Andy. It didn’t fit.

It had to be feminine, but not clichéd. He didn’t want something trashy or overly- queenish, but on the other hand, his new name could not be generic. He wanted something soft. Something that would be pleasant to be called for years and years.

He ran names in his head. None of then fit. None were right….

And then it came to him.

“Angel,” he said out loud.

He saw his reflection smile. Perfect. It was perfect. There was no better name on the entire planet. Nothing he would rather be called. He said it again, “Angel.” It felt as though this was the name he was meant to have all along. How could he have gone his entire life being called the wrong name?

There was a knock on the door to his apartment. No wait. Her apartment. Yes! She could not stop beaming. She did not think that she had ever felt so happy in her entire life.

After one more test to make sure that her wig was secured snugly, Angel turned on her three-inch heel toward the door, ready to finally step out of the closet and into the sun.

perfect splendifirous fabulusness.

i lof you.
ManyHawks chapter 7 . 11/6/2006
if i didn't know there was a chapter after that, i would so kill you. jk, i love this too much!

The first time Andy walked in heels was when his cousin Christi came to visit one summer. That girl was super-tall and had really huge feet, like size twelve. One night, Andy was feeling a little under the weather and decided to stay home when everyone went out to dinner at a restaurant he didn’t like anyway. Like with his sister’s make-up, something made him want to walk around in his cousin’s shoes. They were just so darn cute! She had these four-inch, spiked, red heels that Andy strapped onto his own feet. He took a wobbly step on the carpet. Laughing, he kept them on, trying to walk all over the house, even on the stairs. It was so much fun. In the living room he turned on music and shook his ass like a girl in a music video and sang and danced and clip-clopped around in those silly shoes.

When his family came home, he was already in his room, all traces of forbidden fun gone, pretending to have been reading the whole time they were out.

aw! poor little insecure Angel! *hugs and kisses*

“And, one more thing,” Angel said, leaning her elbows on the table, her face close to Jason’s. “My name is not Andy. Andy is dead. It’s Angel, and don’t you ever call me anything else, honey.”

fantasique. jason said it was disgusting! omg! *kills a fakillion times* i hate him. gr.
ManyHawks chapter 6 . 11/6/2006
this totally made me 'aw'

Tears welled up in his eyes.

“Andy?” Jason said, concerned. “What’s wrong?”

Andy pushed his chair back and stood up so fast that it fell backwards with a clatter. “I’m not feeling well,” he said shakily. “I’ll be right back.”

just the thought of Angel doing that is incredibly depressing and cute in a weird way. i so wanna hug her now.
ManyHawks chapter 5 . 11/6/2006
YEAH ROCKY ROCKS! sorry.
ManyHawks chapter 4 . 11/6/2006
the flashbacks made me 'aww' out loud, so sad! damn homophobes!
ManyHawks chapter 3 . 11/6/2006
actually, i don't think Angel is OOC, i think Collins is more OOC, i think he would be a little more gentle with her. but otherwise, 'tis very very nice.
ManyHawks chapter 2 . 11/6/2006
anti-makeover, hehe. also, this is the ULTIMATE QUOTE: “You know you’ve hit rock bottom when even drag is a drag.”

AWESOME.
ManyHawks chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
this is a very nice idea! also:

I don't own Rent or the characters sigh but if I did, I would hug Angel Dumott Schunard every day before bed!

you and me both, (wo)man. you and me both.
Nova-chan chapter 8 . 10/17/2006
Yay! So glad that all ends on good terms. Jason makes me angry. He reminds me of my brother. -.- Crazy homophobes! Great story!
PoppedTheP chapter 8 . 8/10/2006
I know it's ages since you wrote it, but I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely adore this fic.

Brilliant story, great idea. And the characters were so perfect, Jonathan Larson could have written it.

Thanks for posting it! :D
Bondi chapter 8 . 7/24/2006
oh my god.

that was beautiful.

the same beauty that requires no capital letters because i'm too amazed and lazy to press the shift key.

that was wonderful love. thank you.
MissB8604 chapter 7 . 2/10/2006