Reviews for Shattered Moments
Ayaia of the Moon chapter 36 . 7/2
I put this story on a list of mine to read ages ago. Just got around to actually reading both parts. I'm not sure why it took me so long to get into, but I loved it. You write very well, and the characterizing was fabulous. it got a little convoluted and a tad too sciency for my taste, but I was gratified to see it through to the end. I can't pin down the feeling this brought me, exactly. It reminded me of reading the books, because the second part was so much darker than the first, perhaps, or because I felt very melancholy toward the end, knowing it was drawing to a close. I haven't found a fanfiction that has done that in years. You are crazy-talented, and you will do awesome things! Good luck with your endeavors, and thanks for the great stuff your story has done to my brain. ~Ayaia
omg chapter 36 . 6/6
you do insanity well. scary well. as in, i had several existential crisis throughout both fics.
chatterbean chapter 36 . 6/4
I am absolutely amazed at how extraordinary this is! I have laughed and cried (mostly cried) while reading this and I credit you for having such power over the emotions of a human being. I am so glad I found this little bit of greatness and I am so glad you took the time to write this, it's fantastic!
squeegybug chapter 26 . 3/13
I have been trying to force my way through this, but I am so F'in' confused at this point that I am just done. I should have taken the Title more literally I guess.
Icecoollolly chapter 36 . 1/1
This was one of the most amazing and confusing stories I have ever come across. I read it all in one sitting (including the 3rd year chapters) and am probably going to read it many more times. You are an excellent writer, thank you for sharing.
thequietreader chapter 36 . 12/23/2014
Okay, so I'm a wee bit late getting to this. No doubt you have moved on with your life by now, past such silly things as college and fanfiction; no doubt you have forgotten much about this story, epic and important as it was.

I'd just like to ask you, if you still ever check whatever email this goes to - to go back for a day or two, and reread this series. For Hermione; for me, maybe, though you don't know me; for yourself.

Because this series, these two long-short stories, are so important. I just finished reading it for the first time of (I'm sure) many, many, many; I just got into Harry Potter fandom (and time-travel fics in particular) for the first time of (I'm sure) quite a while; but really and truly, this is the most thought-provoking, moving, and overall fantastic bit of fanfic that I've seen lately.

To state the obvious - your writing is sublime, particularly in the latter half of this story; I wish you the best of luck with your original novel, and doubt that it will take much longer to get it published. (Do still remember how many times J.K. Rowling got rejected!) To state more obvious - the plot of this is amazingly well researched, constructed, twisted around itself, foreshadowed, followed through. I'd like to be proud of myself for catching on to certain intricacies before they were properly revealed (the Time-turner being a Horcrux and how it saved her life; the past-life romances between Hermione and George; so on and so forth), but I really have to give all of the credit to your talent at writing and plotting. Just - amazing. Not to mention that your author's notes - don't skip them on the reread! - are wonderful as well; you at once condescend to the readers (explaining the plot as it's been revealed to make sure everyone understands) and are humble and gracious to them (thanking for reviews, giving updates, answering questions), and that attitude - especially in an author of your caliber - is reasonably rare and quite admirable.

But anyway. In any case, I'd just like to thank you so much for writing this, for keeping this up even so long after the fact, and I hope that you see this review and it makes you smile. I hope you take the time sometime to reread this - I know I will.

(Oh, and if you do see this, might you see your way to clarifying for me - what do you mean by the reiteration of the prophecy at the end?! Is Harry supposed to be Hermione's son or something? Or is Sirius supposed to be the Chosen One in this universe? Wow.)
SeverusSnape'sLove chapter 36 . 12/23/2014
Absolutely brilliant story. It was a bit complicated, but I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for sharing. :)
Guest chapter 36 . 10/12/2014
I don't even know where to begin. This was an incredibly wonderful story, and so beautifully written! All the twists and turns, tied together so marvelously! And I love where you ended things. It makes it more perfect, I think, without that finality to it. Because you're right, there is still plenty of questions, especially with your mention of the prophecy. It gives the readers wondering, as it should, because if all questions were answered, the story wouldn't stick with you as much, would it? You wouldn't be left pondering, "What could possibly happen next?"

Enough blabbing in amazement. I hope you have continued with your writing still, as you have an excellent style and a way with imagery that's not seen too often these days. Good luck in the future, cheers! ;)
laelruin chapter 36 . 6/25/2014
Wow. What a powerful story. I've so very much enjoyed all of it. Thank you for taking the time to write it and thanks to your brain/imagination for coming up with it in the first place. And to your beta(s) for helping edit it. This story truly is a masterpiece. A little confusing in several places (which you could always go back and engineer your really helpful notes into the story to fix) but thoroughly enjoyable all the same. I love your take on romance too, so far this is my favorite!
Keep up the awesome work!
Laelruin
CasperReddrick chapter 36 . 5/27/2014
Omg. I read it all, I think three days straight. None stop and I have no regrets. This was a beautifuly crafted story although I am one for neverending fluff (which there wasn't nearly enough to quench my needs) but I loved it anyways for the sheer brilliance and thought that went into the plot. I also really like your writing style :) and the fact that you answered questions really helped to grasp the story too. All in all it was a very neat and awesome story!
ash chapter 25 . 5/26/2014
okay...this is like getting confusing for me...way too many things goin on nd fast forwards visions or w/e...
MaddAlice chapter 36 . 11/7/2013
What a wonderful story! I was a little disappointed with the conclusion (as a series) because there just seemed too much still left up for grabs. As far as the individual story goes, the ending was perfect!
Lost In Belgium chapter 36 . 10/11/2013
Great story. Really enjoyed reading.

One query - what was that Christmas present from the twins that she signed?
Eris Dea Disaccordo chapter 36 . 9/30/2013
OH. MY. GOD.
This is the best ending I have ever, EVER discovered in a story.
Also-the best interpretation of "The Prophecy" I have ever come across.
Inspiring! Absolutely thrilling!
If there were more of me, we'd all have our thumbs up.
And damn, why no sequel? I wouldn't say no to reading your version of how the war happens and ends!
Keep at it!
E
Alstro chapter 36 . 6/17/2013
This was BEAUTIFUL. I have to say I could not follow most of the pseudoscience, but it was masterfully written, and I could feel the emotion even without understanding the implications. This is like 6 yrs after you wrote it, but still.