Reviews for The Track of a Storm
Scripturient16 chapter 26 . 3/10
So, you say that this is the first draft, and that there's a better version, and it's been.. Wow, TEN years.. I just want you to know, I've never found an HP fanfiction where everything turns out rosy and it all makes sense.. You don't make thing seem ethereal... You make everything happen for a reason, and still manage to put in all that I want and just.. Thanks. Thank you for keeping me up the day before my exam, knowing that I'll only be thinking about Harry rather than my lessons and... Thanks. I love the way you write. I want write heaps more... appreciating you on many more points, but I'm supposed to be asleep. Suffice it to say, even though this seems arrogant (I can't help it), it's very rare that I like HP fanfics that I really like.. This is one. Definitely
majamugel chapter 25 . 1/5
by the way, what ever happened to Voldemort? now that I have -sadly- discovered there is no sequel..pleaseeeee write one!
majamugel chapter 26 . 1/5
Oh I loved this story!
I'm going to go check for a sequel and I really do hope you have written something.
I rarely manage to find a well written story about theMarauder's AFTER hogwarts/Halloween
Unknownem chapter 18 . 12/16/2017
Good story. Was the whole "what you think of will come true" thing inspired by ghostbusters in anyway. When Snape told him to think of something harmless, I was like 'THE MARSHMELLOW MAN!'

Anyway really liked it
Aqua468 chapter 25 . 8/2/2017
THE ENDING WE NEED BUT DON'T DESERVE. THIS WAS REALLY REALLY GREAT.
Fluxer chapter 26 . 6/25/2017
Great fanfic! May I translate it into Russian and publish the translation on ?
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 3/1/2017
Interesting idea and plot and chapter
SeaSpree chapter 26 . 2/7/2017
This is an absolutely, amazing work of writing! The characterization was absolutely perfect, and your pacing was impeccable (I think I was dying during the first ten chapters - the tension!).
YuunaFiction chapter 8 . 1/22/2017
Don't know what I think about this story. James seem to be awfully slow and dense in this story. And why exactly did he stay so long with those people? Not to mention Harry didn't even have a gravestone.. why didn't he contact anyone? He suspected dumbledore was alive so these is no excuse really. Why didn't he apparate from the house? He's an auror, not a first year of Hogwarts like he appears to be.

It's well written but it doesn't change the fact that I've rolled my eyes several times in just 8 chapters from the actions of James and his pity party. He's been dead, sure, but seem to be able to cope just fine if it wasn't for his emo-state and sub-par auror skills(apparently).

I'd also like to mention that for magical people.. they sure don't use all that much magic at all. I mean, James, really.. You don't normally need a wand to apparate and certainly not if you're a bloody Auror! I'm sorry, there is just no excuse.

Did I mention Remus is pathetic? No? Remus is pathetic.
Blackpantherprince chapter 25 . 1/7/2017
Very sweet!:) So glad for Harry, he finally got his first real Christmas! :D However, I feel a bit sad for Draco and Narcissa, having lost Lucius, but the kitten was really adorable, the perfect Christmas gift... I am sure he(she?) will bring much joy to Draco, poor kid, he seems quite lonely, hope he and Harry will be good friends at Hogwarts... cute kid...

Seven year old Harry was just adorable! :) And I absoultely loved your portrayal of James, ( a true Gryffindor!) and the portrayal of all the marauders... and their relationship to each other and Harry... Remus and Harry's bonding in the prison was really touching, but my fav moment was probably when James first saw Harry in prison, followed by the reunion of Sirius and James... so much emotions...heartwarming story, amidst all the action and suspense, beautifully written...
Blackpantherprince chapter 26 . 1/7/2017
Wow, that was an action packed and emotionally rollercoaster, very intense story, except for the last fluffy cjapters, when Everything was calmning down, very sweet... Intense, sweet and charmng story, love your sense of humor... your story was intense in every way, both action wise ( except at the end) and emotionally... very moving, your portray emotions very well...

However, there are some loose ends, whatever happended to Voldemort, after their escape, for example? How exactly is James and Voldy connected by blood, Dumbeldroe's explanation feels a bit vague... Did the Marauders and Snape ever reconcile, and how did the public react to James Potter's (and Voldy's) resurrection? I know that you said tthat you do not have the time for a sequel, but this story very much feels like the first installment in a series... still many gaps to fill... When Voldemort dies, will James also die? I sincerely hope not.

Alos, I feel that the last chapter with the Dursely confrontation would have fitted better as a one-short, as you originally planned according to your A/N, it feels a bit as an abrupt insertion here, and why did James never confront Dumbledore about leaving Harry with the Dursleys, or Sirius imprisonement without a trial? Dumbeldore would have know better then to leave Harry with, in Mcgonagall's Words "the worst kind of muggles", he is not without gulit.

However, overall, I find this story really good, I loved the action packed and emotional ride you gave us, the reunion of James and Harry was really touching, and I loved the happy, kind of fluffy ending, I really enjoyed it! :D I would just love to read that edited version you mentioned in your A/N and in your profile, but, unfortunately, I have not been able to find it...:( Would be great if you could help me with that. :)

Thanks for sharing and happy new year! :)
Guest chapter 13 . 12/30/2016
A brilliant chapter! Loved it!
Guest chapter 5 . 10/16/2016
Wait, will we see more of Flint? Is there a reason for him to defend Dumbledore even though he's a Slytherin compared to a troll in the books?

Also obviously this isn't going to change anything but I find the neighbors to be very confusing. Their accents are hard to understand and it's a large group all at once that's hard to differentiate. Are they muggles or magic? Why are they not more freaked out by a supposedly dead man showing up?
Comrade'sRoza chapter 26 . 7/31/2016
Loved it! One of the best I have ever read.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 3 . 7/12/2016
Rather strange time zone where most stars are expected to have disappeared from the sky as early as 3 AM. Even during British Summer Time in June, no place in Britain is so far northeast of Greenwich that sunrise is at 3 AM. On April 30, 1987 in Cardiff, Wales (presumably not too far from Godric's Hollow) the sun rose at 5:48 AM and civil twilight was at 5:10 AM. The conditions you describe would have had to have been about 5:15-5:30 AM. Check sunrisesunset dot com for sunrise at specific dates and places.
1,102 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »