Reviews for Bad
Donny's Boy chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
I really liked how you delved into the provided back stories of both of both Amy and Enid, the former bad girl gone good and the former good girl gone bad, both of whom are bound together in an unhealthy yet very real way due to their obsessions with Liz. I disagree with the review that said you "degraded" SVH-I mean, for goodness sake, this is the book series that just shrugged off Bruce Patman's (multiple?) attempted sexual assaults as no big deal. Instead, I think this provides a much more real, complex, and three-dimensional picture of who these characters might have and could have been, if they hadn't been in a poorly-written teen novel series. Amy's unlikable, but she's not completely unsympathetic, I don't think-all of this is coming from a place of real pain for her, and her own self-loathing seems far greater than any animosity she shows towards Enid.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me! Thanks for the story-it's my fave SVH fic on the site! :)
Unleashednever chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Wow! Now that's a dark little story. Love it. Can't find a thing to criticise you on so far:)
NOT AFRAID OF SPIDERS GO ME chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Wow... that was interesting, I guess. Not what I was expecting, but I should have checked the genre, right? I just thought of my friend who swings both ways from this... you're good.
RoyalJess chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
Nice! I've been looking for something more deep in SVH fan fic, and you did a great job, don't worry what these close minded people (ah hem Raven) think.

I can see Enid being gay too. It works! Love your writing style and thanks for going SVH classic!
Yami no Nokutan chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
Wow! When I read the summary I was thinking of SVH Book Number 29 Bitter Rivals! But I wa sin for a surprise. I love it! It was great!
Gorgeous Courage chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Haha awesome! xD Unexpected too. Lol. But still a good story.

~Randi
Dartxni chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
*looks down* Wow. I've never seen anyone moralized at quite like that in a review. The funny thing, is I think Raven probably missed the whole, not very deep, point of this fic.

Which is not to say I know what the point of it is either, except that it's hot. *sigh* I'm not doing a very good job defending this fic, am I?

Well, I loved it.
Raven chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
I was exceedingly disappointed in this fan-fic which opened with such limitless potential. Degrading the characters of Amy and Enid into lesbian nymphomaniacs is an insult to the sweet purity of such a memorable series of wholesome books-and, it must be added, degrading to any community which embraces such a life-style, whittling down the simple humanity of two young girls to selfish lust. Your writing style is exceptional, but wasted on such debased contortions of the orignial characters' personalities.
Mk Anderson chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
I loved this. I haven't read any Sweet Valley books in ages and I remember when I used to spend my allowance on those books. I probably had a crush on Liz too. XD I was sad when Amy came back and she and Liz weren't able to be friends again since I read the SV Twins books as well when I was even younger. Ah, then comes SVU and Enid does the same thing more or less... *sigh*

Anyways, loved the story and I really hope you write more Sweet Valley stuff. It's like having the books go in exactly the directions I wish they did.
momo9021 chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
hi. i'm still momo9021. i'm just trying to review again.

can i make a sequel to this on my own account? i like it, and want to make it continue into a huge long story. please?

thanks,

Monica
Bitz chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
Eh. I see where you were going with this, but I think you're falling into the trap of being overly-important. It's Sweet Valley, after all.

I'm not saying that standards aren't a good thing. Can't fault your technical writing, nor your eye for detail. You have some really sharp observations in there. But I think you're intent on describing too much, making *everything* into a "moment". Not everybody thinks a thesis before they speak, and not everything needs to have weight and meaning. Sometimes, things just *happen*.
haze chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Interesting. I thought this was funny. Definitely your style.
psquare chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Very nicely written... I'm not a very big SVH fan, but your story was... different. And definitely well-written. Interesting concept... Hope to see more of your work in Sweet Valley fandom!
Defying Gravity 9021 chapter 1 . 5/23/2005