Reviews for The End of All Things
Daughter of the North chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
How do I describe that? Gorgeous? Haunting? Horrific? It was beautifully written, and I enjoyed and it's desperate glory. Macbre, yes, but more so true. This is the last stand. I can imagine a young woman who is dying as the battle rages on, singing 'where is the horse and the rider...'
excalibur2007 chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Beautiful. A ride to the other side. They will not be alone. Death with honour as an ancient melody.

Impressive!
Turwaithien chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
BRILLIANT! Truly a masterpiece!

So powerful and soul-stirring that it moved me to tears. No doubt you know how to evoke strong emotions with your way of writing. This story leaves me in awe!

SUPERB job! Thank you so much for this treat!
Katia0203 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Tears are rolling down my cheeks right now :'( Excellent work.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
A great story. Very well written.
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
that was beautiful. it made me cry! well done.
miriamne chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
oustanding story!
DJ Sparkles chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Oh, this is very well done. Brought tears to my eyes! You have a gift with words, even if English isn't your first language! Beautifully written, masterfully done.
smalldiver chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Wow. This is beautiful. The Rohirrim are exactly the right people with which to explore this possibility, and you captured their spirit in the face of death brilliantly.

*Adds to favourite stories list*
Mystikal19 chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
WOW. What more can I say? This story was...albeit exceptionally dark but extraordinary. Like none I have ever read before and you have brought tears to my eyes, shivers down my spine, goosebumps to my skin...and a part of my heart shudders so when I read it! My dear, I would hate to live inside your mind, look what you have created! All of the women and children took poison, this death would be so much better than being slaughtered amongst the men (well, pride-wise no, but it would be less painful) and then they burned Meduseld and the bodies so the dark creatures couldn't get them. Wow, that was truly scary, but at the same time ingenius! √Čomer was breath-taking, how he spoke to his sister, his doubts, his fears, and I think if this story had been true, the humans would have received the better end of the deal for Sauruman would have a dark Earth, and they would live in the paradice of the afterlife with their deceased family. I loved how you made them all seem as equals, the hobbits, Gimli, Legolas, √Čothain, Elfhelm, Gamling...etc. Yes, they were riding to their doom, but they faced it proudly, and together. Isn't this what men are about? To join forces and give their last efforts until they perish? It was truly splendid, and though yes, it was dark, and I waited till I wasn't melancholic myself to read it (lol), I LOVED it. Thus, it goes on my favorites and if I am having a bad day I shall read it and remind myself my days truly arent *that* bad.
quizzabella chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
wow. I'm glad you warned us at the beginning, that was horrible but really good if that makes any sense. Completely different to most of the fics on here and yet another triumph. Q
Patty chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Magnificent! I have always found stories like this have a strange charm; the reader hates what is happening but feels such admiration for the courage displayed that it's extremely readable.

I'll be thinking about this one for a long time!
Nantucket Briar chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
OMG you weren't kidding when you said this was dark! You had me crying like a baby!

Excellent writing, as always, mellon nin.

The emotions that you brought forth from each character was real, deep and honest. I found their faith refreshing and also inspiring. To meet death with honor, to know that you will see your loved ones again...to choose to fight the darkness until the end...these are the things that inspire us to choose the greater good. Well done, my friend.
Bubonic Woodchuck chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
Tragic yet beautiful, and magnificent in every way. Thank you so much for writing this - it's practically a work of art.

::adds to favorites list::
Aelaer chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
Wow. I love dark AUs like this. I usually prefer from Aragorn's POV, but you did this brilliantly from Eomer. Brilliant. Thank you for the read!