Reviews for I Did It My Way
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
one can taste the regret... bitter... and salty

poetry in prose.

ginny
Warg chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Hey..

Another good piece..

Hmm.. this is.. uh Kenshin.. or Aoshi.. The title steers u to the latter... but yeah..

I like the flow of this..

p.s: Hiko's past.. *evil grin* shud be fun to distort ne! :D
Star Rhapsody chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
This was a stunning fic. It was short, but it said it a lot in those tiny amount of words. I'm definitely impressed! Nice work!
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
PERFECTION! My favorite thus far. This is what I have always thought of Kenshin, but could never phrase quite as well as you. Oh, you are so cool. On the top three checks you go!
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
Tragedy strikes again. I loved it!
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
Oh wow. This was just so effecting, it reached out and grabbed me. This describes Kenshin-how that passionate speech of his given to Hiko when he left, changed into the apathy of his hitokiri self. How he loved Tomoe, yet because of his love, she died...Then, this also applies to Hiko. Who knows what happened in his past...to make him so withdrawn from people? The last two lines especially, would hint at that...Touched me deeply. And only in a hundred words!*dies*
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Wow. That's all I can say. However, I am glad that I read your reviewer responses before I did this review, because I would have asked Sirius' question. Is this Hiko, or is it Kenshin? To be honest, I think that it applies a bit better to Hiko than to Kenshin. Although, it is perfect for Kenshin as he sits in Rakunimura, reflecting on Kaoru's 'death.' So, I suppose it could be applied to both of my favorite Rurouni Kenshin characters. Very powerful imagery, indeed! Thanks!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
The last line pulls me up short each time I read it. "Better I had remained as I was." This could refer to almost ever critical juncture in Kenshin's life. Better to have died an orphan, better to have died a slave than train as a swordsman, better to have never known Tomoe, never reacquainted himself with his own humanity, lost to the madness and probably killed by his compatriots as a mad dog, better to have remained a wanderer than risk the lives of Kaoru and his friends. Thoughts suitable for Rakunimura perhaps. Emotionally this one did not hit me as strongly as the others but did make me think. My only quibble is the title, which suggests prideful stubbornness to me rather than shameful admission.
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
oh nice... now my question... is it kenshin or hiko? because i can hear both of their voices in this...

Sirius
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Very heartwrenching! Kenshin just has the toughest time forgiving himself, and you've caught that perfectly. Good job!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
That was great! Very powerful for a hundred- word fic!:p
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
Ah... very nice :) you're definitely good with these little short pieces... they're all so tragic and they really make you think...