Reviews for Have You Ever
marellie chapter 31 . 4/6
This was absolutely perfect. I read fanfics almost every day and let me tell you, this really was a good one. Honestly. You managed to capture the affection starved Tom Riddle, I always imagined him to be, so perfectly that I couldn't stop reading this until I was finished. Took me almost whole night. :D

Thank you.
Although this chapter does get quite confusing i actually prefer it to the original.

Thank you for this brilliant ride of a read; it had me laughing and crying, and I felt so satisfied at the end.

I normally hate fics where Tom is made the way he was because of being bullied or something; but this one is so very real, and it's so relevant to the plot it's perfect.

Keep on writing!
mama123 chapter 8 . 3/27
I don't understand. One one paragraph Hermione I'd yelling them to make up stories abt their previous school, and next paragraph she is telling them that make sure the dark lord doesn't catch a lie?

It's silly to interact with out getting the story straight.

other than these minor problems. It's a really good story so far.
juseung chapter 31 . 3/16
I'm back! To tell you that your characterization of Tom in both this and Reverse have ruined most every other Tom story I've tried to read. Not a bad thing, really, but now I'm at such a loss. People tend to write him out as pure evil, even as a young man, with no hope of becoming good or seeing the error of his ways, and I don't accept any of that because of how you wrote him. I think I might have to give up on reading any more Tom stories, aside from rereading yours, of course. It's hard for me to accept him being characterized as such an evil young man who still manages to fall in love, you know? Now, all I think about when I think about Tom when he was younger is how hard it must've been and how sad his life was.

I just... love the way you write so much! Thanks for giving Tom more than evil. Thanks for making him human and vulnerable.
Anonymous reader chapter 32 . 3/14
Really good 1 although I didn't get the little expressions they were distracting me. But I love love love love love loved how you wrote this 1 with a good ending and a nice little CURSE...
juseung chapter 32 . 3/10
I love this story to pieces. I love the way you write! And your characterization of Tom throughout this whole story.

After finishing the last chapter and seeing that it was the end, I felt like that end was too abrupt and thought I didn't like it at all. And I was glad to know that this alternate ending was up for me to read to see if that end would make me happier. After having read both and had a bit of time to think it over, I've changed my mind. I love how you ended it last chapter. I love that, right when he's back and alive they both know that they are both in love with each other. This alternate ending was very much appreciated, though! I feel closure for this story and I love everything about it.

I had a feeling early on that Draco was conducting those Death Eater meetings, what with you saying he was a wild card, and I dreaded the fact. I thought he was going to be the villain and end up being an awful friend, but he wasn't! And I'm super thankful for that! Again, thank you for the alternate ending. For giving closure on Draco's end. I love that he ended up staying.

I thought it was Draco listening in on Hermione and Tom's little conversation, and I was so relieved when I found out that it had actually been Harry. That explains so much. Him saying that she should stay with Tom for fear of Tom maybe killing her. Pft, yeah, sure, Harry. Thank you! I loved Harry's characterization in this btw. I love the bond between him and Hermione, and when you touched on it when Hermione was truly thankful for Ginny's understanding of their bond, I was smiling so big. Also, when Hermione felt relief knowing that Harry'd lost his parents too. That hurt to read but it made a lot of sense and made me love their friendship even more.

The gift Hermione gave Tom was the sweetest thing ever! I'm reading this well after it's been written, but the fact that other readers helped you come up with that gift blows me away. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. It must have been so hard for Tom all that time he was alone. Hermione's so thoughtful. I was so annoyed when he asked her what if no one appeared. Uh, you idiot, she's in this with you.

The gift Tom gave Hermione had me speechless. I knew he was getting her a gift but I had never thought of that. His is equally as thoughtful of a gift as Hermione's was. A real moment to spend with her parents who are long past? My heart. And he gave her her space to talk to them and get out her words of love to them and them to her. Whenever she'd try to not shed tears when thinking or talking of her parents, I thought she was so strong. I cry at the smallest things, and she wills herself to keep going.

The fights between the two were so well written. I'll admit, I was really irritated whenever she thought he'd get violent, but what can I expect when the Tom Riddle she knows is the one in the future?

I love Tom's whole background. The deaths being completely accidental. Him still blaming himself because they did happen because of him. He takes full responsibility. I love that.

That bit about him not ever eating in the Great Hall broke my heart. It makes sense, though, with Draco's trash bag relative. I love love loved the bit where Hermione brought him with her to eat and how he was trying to pull away but she held tight and dragged him to the table with her. And their little banter, too.

Just... I seriously love everything about this story. I am so glad I took the time to read it and that you wrote this. I had heard of people shipping the two but never gave it an actual thought till this fic. Now that I like this pairing, I see how well they go together. They're both different but the same. Thank you so much for this story! I love it and I love you. Again, thank you!
xJasnyd chapter 32 . 3/9
THIS STORY IS BEAUTIFUL
okay so now that my fangirling is over (sort of), I would just like to say thank you so much for writing this fic and finishing it. It may have been written 8 years ago but I just found it today and I don't regret spending the last few hours reading it... and neglecting my homework... I didn't really expect to enjoy this as much as I did.
YOU MAKE ME SHIP THIS SO MUCH
Have a wonderful day if you still read the reviews on this thing.
I'm off to read your other story now :)
-Jas
luna153 chapter 32 . 3/8
this is so cute and adorable and wonderful and brilliant and I LOVE IT!
i read the whole story in an night and a day! it's so beautiful!
BookReadingSwimmer chapter 31 . 3/7
Oh my gosh that was literally one of the best stories that I have read in a really long time this chapter literally made me cry!
I love love love the story. Its really heart-breaking and well executed. But really I don't know if u did it deliberately or not. Sometimes I felt so bloody frustrating with the way Hermione allowed things to be escalated ! I mean, when the person I love is dying in MINUTES, I wont bloody be arguing or trying to explain myself to the bloody Ronald ! Or anyone for that matter really, with the wandless power Hermione held she might just as well blast the boy in the matter of SECONDS when he try to prevent her from going into the Chamber. And she is sure as hell doesn't have time for arguing with the little whinny. Its just really an unrealistic reason for a bloody loved-crushed passionate girl whose lover is on the verge of dying! i mean i know Hermione is a saint compare to many people, but saint as she is, i don't think she is not smart or strong enough to know what is right to fight for, or what meaningless argument to win just by ignoring it.

All things aside, Thank you for such a good story and hope to see more from you soon !
FightxForxMidnightx chapter 32 . 2/10
Freaking love this story!
FutureMrs.Lewis chapter 4 . 2/8
I am literally getting shivers from excitement! :D
lexicon63738 chapter 32 . 1/29
I looooooovvveeeee this 3 hope you keep writing Tomiones'(;
valdezgrace chapter 32 . 1/29
wow! amazing! I simply started this like 2 or 3 hours ago and practically devoured this awesome story! I just realized this was written like over 9 years ago and you probably do not even go on anymore and will never see this. But, if you do and you are in your twenties or maybe even thirties, I just want you to know that this story is still bringing joy to people. Thanks! :)
lexicon63738 chapter 17 . 1/27