Reviews for Ugly
StrawberryDuckFeathers chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Wow! The writing style had already dragged me in just by the first paragraph! It's brilliant. It flows so wonderfully.

It's actually a very good point you're making about the trainer catching shinies for a trophy, despite the fact that it's so underfed. :( There seems to be a subtle reference to racism in this story too. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but still a good idea.

I love how much you've picked out of the idea of being shiny, especially how they don't camoflague as well to hide from predators. And that last sentence proves another good point. I love the descriptions used here; they are absolutely beautiful, and it flows wonderfully.

This is amazing! Excellent job. I don't have a critique or any suggestions for this piece. :)
Omega chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Awesome! Very thoughtful and well written.

The sister piece was great too. I'm a bit dense so I didnt catch on at first what mirage implied.
Umbreon Shadow chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Well-written and nicely flowing, though I don't think Pokemon bleed. Hmm. Well, even if they did, we would never see it anyway, so nevermind. In any case, great job; I actually dislike shiny Pokemon, but I can see why the golden Rattata would feel outcast.
Damned Lolita chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
Oh my god, poor Rattata. I have two shinies; one I saved from my evil cousin, a Jolteon named Kurama, and another, a Mightyena, Mikhail. I didn't know what he was at first; I just wanted the pretty red Poochyena. I just found out he was shiny. I love them, but I know they must feel this way. Poor things. Such a lovely story.
ex-quisite zenith chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
Odd little ratta. I never thought of shinies as... freaks of nature. Now I feel bad about giving Maira, my character on my profile, so much shiny pokémon. Heck, she has about three or how much of them?

I like this oneshot very much. It's different and gives some trainers a sense of pokémon. Shiny pokémon are shunned out of thier families because they are different. Trainers will do whatever it takes to get one, even forcing shinies to the extreeme. Wonderful story, letting others know that shiny pokémon aren't just trophies, but living things with brains of thier owns.

This was Ex, your friendly reviewer.
Sevrius chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
Poor Rattata.

The paragraph that begins "There’s a reason more pokémon aren’t born shiny, you know..." seems to interrupt the flow of the fic. Maybe it's just me...

Overall, you did a wonderful job of expressing the shiny Pokemon's view.
Daisaigai Katja chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Very nice. Your writing style is clean, concise, and a tad cynical. Perfect. Shiny Pokemon remind me of albino animals in a way, with their outstanding pelt qualities.

Ah, and another nice touch: the adding of Mew, the making of her into a deity of sorts. Lovely, smooth flow, and a new opus to thank Mew for deciding to put this wonderful fic in my path, imploring Her to make it one of the favorites.
Melau of the Dragon People chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
Wow... I really want a Shiny but I never considered how they must feel.

Now I feel guilty (
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
This one shot has opened my eyes to how horrible it must be being a shiny pokemon. Every one should read this!
PNEK MEKS chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
Aww...that's sad. Poor little shiny. Good fic!

PNEK MEKS
Flameboo chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
Wow. Beautiful story. I know this review is a little late, but still, it was a wonderful story. Bye!
BxM chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
I love this. This gives a really good point. It makes you think and makes you kind of sad at the same time.
Act chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
I like very much how this fits in with the other piece.

I didn't like this one as much, though it's proabably more of a personal thing as opposed to a your-writing one. Frankly, your other topic is one I find more... not necessarily interesting, but problematic.

It does annoy me that people don't think of the reprocussions for standing out like a sore thumb.

Great job on these two.