Reviews for Methos by Firelight
Barranca chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
I like stories that indulge the reader with flashy action, but I like stories that make the reader think more. Maybe because they are rare find.
Satine Nuit chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
Wow. Just... wow. This is amazing. I think you managed to write Methos and Duncan more IC than the show itself ever did. Methos' speech about not understanding him... incredible. Simply and utterly incredible. Very astute and psychological. Very wise as well. He truly does sound like a 5500-year-old who's been to hell and back and yet also like someone who is only human who does what he has to. It's almost like his morals lie in not having any (or, just about any. Favorite line: "The only oath I've honored in a thousand years is the Hippocratic, and that only because it's impolitic not to." I just LOVED that! 'Impolitic'! lol That is *so* like him!).

I also like that fact that you wrote Duncan so... I don't know... grown-up, I guess. It's nice to see a fic where he doesn't condemn Methos for the slightest thing. Like he finally managed to get it through his thick head that the world is not black and white. Or, rather, that not everyone sees the world that way and that he should first try to understand others' POV rather than make them accept his.

Once again, a lovely and amazing story. Thank you for sharing it.
AzureFirebird chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
Interesting take on Methos' past and views of personal codes. I am curious as to why the story was set so far in the future. The characterization of MacLeod was on with the series.
Jade2099 chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
That was lighthearted and intense all in the same story - interesting to see this friendship after so many years apart.
GreenEyes7 chapter 1 . 7/1/2003
nice story. sorry that this review isn't longer...
Jemariel chapter 1 . 5/26/2001
Woah. Intensity has always marked Methos, and this ain't gonna be an exception. Nice that you followed that up from your last story, Dry Cell, that just cried out "sequal!" Duncan almost 1000, and Methos still alive...wow...
C.J. Davis chapter 1 . 4/11/2001
Beautifully written! I think you caught Methos and MacLeod to a "t". Wonderful!

C.J.
Crystal chapter 1 . 3/30/2001
Oh my gods. I love this. It is so fitting. Great job. Can't wait to see more of your work. Or more like this. Well done. ********* Awesome.