Reviews for In her blind spot
myyinfatuation chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
lol neji blaming naruto - what did you do - haha
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
I don't really dwell on Hanabi but I think you voiced her thoughts and possible feelings toward the change in the Hyuuga Clan perfectly.
LonelyDreamer7 chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
This was freaking awesome. I always love to hear what kind of character Hanabi would be.
melodxes chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Beautifully done, there aren't enough Hanabi-centric stories out there, I'm glad you wrote one :)
777angeloflove chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
INTRESTING STORY!
grey mage chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
read.
LunaSphere chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Oh! Squee! You have Naruto fic for me to enjoy too!

I feel like Hanabi is one of those characters just *waiting* for fanfic to be written about her. There is so much and so little go on at once in canon, that really it's sort of perfect and you just do a stunning job with her here! I enjoyed the theme of perfect vision, of self-awareness and understanding that runs through this works on so many levels. There's so much here that's amazing that I'm just going to focus on what really jumped out at me.

I love the way you characterize her from the beginning with the list-it undercuts a lot of Hanabi-cliches in fandom while at once speaking to her situation. And I really love the way you make her real, decent human being-her anger at Hiashi, her disappointment in Hinata (and the fact it's not a *bitchy* disappointment)-whose emotions progress and develop over time.

I was intrigued by your pointing out that Hinata as a main house member in a 3 person team has to be an anomaly-the reasoning makes so much sense that I'm surprised I haven't seen it in other fic.

But what I loved most of all were lines like this that made her endearing and quirky and human: "She wonders if her shortcoming is as obvious as Neji’s or Hinata’s and it makes her slightly paranoid. Hanabi practices controlling her expressions in the mirror so that they won’t give her away."

And this: "She also finds out who Naruto is and makes sure to watch him practicing. This becomes more difficult than she’d planned because she has to evade Hinata, who is doing the same thing."

Ok, I won't paste the whole paragraph back at you, but also that section where Hanabi is irritatedly meditating on Naruto when she wants to be simply be meditating.

And this just had me laughing and liking Hanabi (and her appropriately firecracker nature) all the more: "Now Naruto has indirectly given her the chance to make something of herself away from the clan, and Hanabi thinks that it’s a good thing she’s never met him face to face, because she would probably punch him for all his do-gooder meddling."

The percentages thing on the Academy exam was another deft humorous bit of characterization (ok, this list is turning longer and longer than I had intended...)

Her repeated irritation/resentment at Naruto for fixing her family.

I am amazed by the balance between humor and seriousness you strike in these moments and they really feel to me the most vivid moments.

And that last sentence was just perfect.
wirbil chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
w0t! That was awesomeness. I loved how you had Neji in it. It made me kind of cry. I really liked it.
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
what a wonderful fic. In particular, I thought Hanabi forfeiting to Hinata during the Chuunin exam told a lot about her character.
RofS chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Oh, wow, this is beautiful - amazing - wonderful.

Just, like, I'm speechless!

Hanabi is so often viewed as such a bitter, selfish, arrogant character, and you've just made her so HUMAN, and you've showed us that, yeah, she's proud, but she knows it and she has a good reason to be, and she TRIES.

Again, amazing.
masterjc chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
That was just wow
Vellor The Ancient chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
wow... that was... interesting...
Shadow Coyote chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
This was a melancholic, and fun look from Hanabi's point of view. I really liked it. Especially the touches of her frustration.
turquoisewaters chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
oh...my...god...i think this fic has made hanabi my favorite character...
angelgrl chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
love it! loved it how at the end, hanabi appreciates naruto like neji and hinata. he is 'fixing her.'