Reviews for The Other Side of Reality
Hi :) So, I first read your YYH stories yeeears ago. I don't know what impulse brought me back after so long, but I think I am more in love with your writing now than I was then, if that's possible. I just wanted you to know that. I'm afraid I sound infantile when I try literary criticism/ gush, so I'll keep it to a minimum. Your plots are unlike anything out there, and I love love love how with a few words you suggest years of events that we don't know about, that we either find out about much later or never at all. Any oneshot of yours could become a whole world. It's just very juuuuuuicy. And I adore your characterization of the boys and how balanced you keep them. Usually people have an obvious preference for one or the other (usually not Kuwabara) and it's so delightful how much thought you put into all of their psyches. Just - I think you're a very unique beautiful heartbreaking writer. If you ever come back to YYH stories, just know this person will be dropping everything to read it ten times a day until she's 80.

Thank you, thank you forever.
-Dreea
Kal chapter 8 . 4/10
EEEEEEE!
This is so brilliantly worked and written and amazing and horrifying and I have LOVED every bit of this story!
I'm so excited to see the next chapter (you said it was the last?) oh man oh man oh man!
Eeeee
I'm sorry this was just too amazing and captivating and I haven't been able to stop reading it since I first found it this morning!
jcampbellohten chapter 7 . 10/8/2014
I can't picture Kurama ever saying "kick ass." I've been thinking for the last two or so chapters that they're inside Kuwabara's mind or a different world of his psychic creation.
jcampbellohten chapter 6 . 10/8/2014
"Haven't you ever watched any anime?" I lol'd at the rest of that line.
jcampbellohten chapter 5 . 10/7/2014
Well, Kurama appears to be sometime in the future, and the house seems to be in some kind of pocket dimension. That's all I can tell right now, other than that this is like something straight out of a Goosebumps book.
Valana chapter 8 . 2/8/2014
Interesting story! like how you written the characters.
DragonSorceress22 chapter 8 . 11/14/2013
I LOVED this story! gods i'm sad there's no more of it. I shall hold out hope that one day there will be! Seriously though, you portrayed the characters so perfectly and I loved your descriptions. This is a seriously awesome story so thank you!
Anon chapter 8 . 6/21/2013
This is really great! I wish you'd finish this story, but since the last update was so long ago...
Romance on Express chapter 8 . 12/20/2012
Sassy Kurama is my favourite!
Can't wait for more!
X3
GoodEnoughTheOpenDoor chapter 8 . 8/1/2012
I was originally going to get mad at you but then I realized you're last update was 5 years ago. Why was this story never finished? It was so awesome!
Marikalay chapter 8 . 1/7/2012
This is a head trip. I really hate horror movies, but I just can't stop reading this one. It's a shame that you haven't updated it in so long.
Gwen.Love chapter 6 . 12/21/2011
You know what I realized, your chapter titles, the ones in the story (not as they appear in the drop down menus), are written the way Diana Wynne Jones writes hers in Howl's Moving Castle. Just an observation. _
Gwen.Love chapter 4 . 12/21/2011
XD I know, three in one night. I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist. I really love you and the stories you write.

"Door open, yes! House and neighborhood demolished, no. Put that thing away!"

"You're overreacting."

"You're trying to blow up my house!"

"Just the door!"

I'm still laughing.
PurplePurplePurple chapter 8 . 9/9/2011
hi. this story kicks ass. the only problem with it is it isn't finished! no bueno. please please please finish it!
nevvy chapter 8 . 8/12/2011
... ... ...

THAT WAS AWESOME!

Holy cow I freakin' love this story, and really, there's only one chapter left? WHERE IS IT! Anyways, I'm sure I'm not the first (now will I be the last) to gush about about how awesome the imagery is in this fic, and how the plot is unique and the way you write our beloved characters is spot on with just the right amount of manly humor.

I love the Silent Hill series, though I haven't seen the movie, I've watched 'let's plays' (hahah I'm a dork but don't have a TV so have to get my 'veg out' stuff somewhere) of three games on youtube so have a great idea of how the house is looking. I wonder if our dear Pyramid Head will make a cameo? hmm, I'm on the fence with that one- I don't think he would fit with what you have here (I see him as a psychological symbol as used in SH2 and Homecoming) but would squee at his fanservice just the same :) Well I hope you update! This has become one of my favorite stories, and that's rare since I probably one favorite one out of dozens that I read and review :)