Reviews for Just Another Lonely Knight
TMI Fairy chapter 10 . 1/14/2014
Sweet. Brought back memories of the hours I played BG and BG II.
I never used Anomen - he pised me off for some reason :)
Borys
PinaPoe chapter 10 . 4/18/2009
Excellent! this makes me want to make mods for inter party romances. Wonderful story.
Elise chapter 10 . 12/30/2007
Oh, that was absolutely delightful. And delicious. I've been laughing aloud so much that my friend over there thinks I'm crazy. First I didn't like Anomen like this, CN, but the pair soon won my heart. You are a very talented writer, Jaheira was perfect. I don't know about Anomen, I'd never let him fail his Test ;) But thank you for this, absolutely wonderful.
Brynn Dharielle chapter 10 . 8/20/2006
Well, first of all, to answer you, yes, the "Oh my God" was a good thing. Hehe. It was the mere cry of an intrigued reader who's seen something... new.

I've just come from reading the entire rest of it.

My first comment. About "She looks like Anomen hit her with his mace. What did I say?" ... That's hilarious! It still cracks me up if I sit back to read it and picture the context. I *loved* it. ... Must be my favourite line of the story. o.O

Now, to further add to my previously made points.

Your Jaheira is, indeed, mostly the Jaheira I have in mind, the character that I've come to understand and whatnot, and I must congratulate you on doing such a smooth job on her. You know, I was reading the story and it was impossible not to picture her actually *saying* those things in-game, and her voice and general attitude fitted perfectly in the majority of cases.

Anomen, however, *is* still different, and many times I couldn't fathom him saying those things in-game, no matter how much I tried to adjust the patterns of his speech and actually "hear" the words. But I maintain my opinion that it's a good change, since the in-game Anomen can be quite irritating. Plus, he is clumsy, to say so. Yours has a bit more... style.

By the way. The more I think of this, the more likely I find this combination. After all, Anomen's true self is in constant need of reassurance - even in-game, he's always asking the Bhaalspawn (you) for advice, and whatever decissions he comes to, he needs her/him to approve of it before being satisfied and convinced. You've captured this side of him perfectly in your story. On the other hand, Jaheira is bossy, and used to things going her way, used that she has to be asked about things before anything drastic happens (we all know how her relationship with Khalid was). That's why they go quite well together.

And... lastly, your Imoen, as little as she's been mentioned, was flawless. Mebeh you should write something where Imoen is more involved than this? *batts eyelashes* .

However, your Minsc felt unreal, for some reason I can't quite explain. He was... a bit forced, to say so. Mayhap you didn't like the character that much? Or just that he's a bit difficult to portray.

At any rate, on an overall scale, you've done a very good job on this, and I greatly enjoyed reading it.
Brynn Dharielle chapter 2 . 8/19/2006
Oh... my... God.

I've only read two chapters so far but I most certainly do have some comments to make already.

Your Jaheira is a tiny bit out of the lines of what I picture her like, but overall she's almost perfect. She happens to say exactly what I'd expect of Jaheira as I knew her on plenty of occasions.

Anomen, however... Well, first of all, I'm not an Anomen hater, not thoroughly, but I do think the character is quite... silly, at some points, and I loathed his romance in the game, both LG and CN. However, your Anomen *is* notably altered... the good way, though. Thank God, for all I care. xD

Overall, you've done a great job.

*goes off to get some sleep now, with it being all 6 AM and such... but definitely vows to come back and read more... nod, nod*
Brynn Dharielle chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
Wow. You're actually using a character from an unofficial BG mod. I'm sure looking forward to reading this. I've just begun, so I can't say much about how it turned out, but I'll be sure to review again once I have an opinion. :) I just wanted to say that the originality of that idea is appealing.
Reklar chapter 10 . 11/24/2005
It's hard to put into words what I think and feel about this lovely romance, Finduilas. At first I refused to read it, because I've always had a special place in my heart for Jaheira and I didn't want to share it with Anomen, but I'm glad I did read it now. You put such amazing vitality into both characters that I cannot help but love them both and be happy they are together.

I often wondered what would happen to Jaheira if she ended up alone, worrying she would remain feeling lost. After all she had been through, the incredible loss under such extreme circumstances, I could never bring myself to leave her alone in the game and everything that happened, which I later learned was her romance, seemed so natural I didn't question it. Perhaps that makes me a bit weird, but she is a beautiful character and you captured her essence in this story.

If confessions must be made, I never took a great liking to Anomen while I played the game and only kept him a short time. After seeing several talented authors give him such depth and character, I can see I didn't give him the chance he deserved. You made him a joyful character, Finduilas, something very special that you should take pride in.

I will continue to hold Jaheria in my heart as before, as I have done with many characters I've loved from many books, but now I will also hold the memory of the Jaheira and Anomen in this story as something equally beautiful. Thank you for sharing it, Finduilas.

-Reklar
KayuraK chapter 10 . 10/5/2005
Wow. A romance fic that DIDN'T suck. Those are rare, and this was good. If you liked Baldur's Gate you should try reading the Forgotten Realms novels. It would be nice to get some actual talent in that section of Fanfiction.
Bookwyrme chapter 10 . 9/22/2005
*Claps as the curtain goes down & then sits, hoping to see it rise just once more.
Kendris chapter 10 . 8/21/2005
It's...over? But...but...I don't want it to end!

Oh...all right...if you must.

But I DO want that sequel, please. This has been a pure delight to read.
MajinBakaHentai chapter 10 . 8/18/2005
That was a good story. :)
MajinBakaHentai chapter 9 . 8/18/2005
Domi and Theodur... Are they regulars of the Attic? Because I didn't connect it until I saw their names together but I now definately recall seeing both names over there. *Puzzles*
Finduilas88 chapter 10 . 8/10/2005
Firilya: Thank you for being such a devoted reader and encouraging reviewer! I actually wondered whether it might seem a bit odd to have J&A discussing this stuff under the circs, but I think it's a pretty normal human reaction to look past the immediate future (especially if it's a scary one) to a happier, more secure time that they hope will be coming.

CrazySteve: LOL. I'm glad you liked it, though I must confess I never thought of my little romance story as 'gripping'. But I do like the Anomen character a lot, so I think its worth a little time to write him as an interesting and complex character. The others too, of course!

Theodur: Believe me, we're on the same wavelength on the Kelsey/Anomen issue. I think I would like K a lot more if he wasn't used so often as the example of what Anomen should be. Hey, the Bioware Anomen has some flaws, but it's still a darn interesting character with a lot of potential, IMO.

Domi: I'm glad you liked it so much, that means a lot.

Just for the record, though I do have some "5 years later" thoughts on these two, (and this Anomen interacting with the Harpers and druids certainly has comedy potential) I think my next story will be a post-ToB story with a *very* LG-but still personable, of course-Anomen.

Thanks again for all the support!
Dominique Sotto chapter 10 . 8/5/2005
You know, if any fiction made me warm up to Jaheira, that one certainly did. That was an excellent conversation between Dani and Jaheira, and Jaheira's and Anomen'f finale was a great conclusion to the story. Whatever they say, happy endings are what we hope for in every story. Here is for happy endings!
Theodur chapter 10 . 8/5/2005
Aw... yay! That was the perfect ending! :D Though I am really curious about all the possibilities of what happened afterwards! How would they reconcile their differing lifestyles, where did they choose to live, where and when they married, how many children they had, and stuff like that. :D I know you probably want to leave it here and don't plan a sequel, but it's just fun to think about these things - gives a nice fuzzy feeling too. ;)

Btw, about my dislike for Kelsey - I think most of it was because I just perceived him as a character who was there to tell the players "Look how obnoxious that jerk Anomen is, and see how I'm better than him in any regard!". The attempt to put Anomen down so much was a turn-off, I rather prefer that knight with all his flaws.