Reviews for Why We Fight
mndstjohn chapter 4 . 2/18/2013
Good story!
iamashleynguyen chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
I am absolutely loving this. It moves me to see the depth you put into the characters I dearly love, and I must say, I have been waiting for a story like this.

Why We Fight is...an eye opener, I guess. After all, you assume that a ninja fights to protect their loved ones and their village, but it's so much more than that. And I thank you for making that clearer for me to see.

I can't wait for the next chapters to come!
Discon chapter 4 . 9/22/2011
It'f funny that Iruka's is your lest favorite Chapter cause its my Fav. Also any chance of an update or is this dead?
Pink Chaos chapter 4 . 5/14/2009
Wow... I really like this fic.

It was done wonderfully. You've got some real talent on your hand, SNA.

I think Asuma's was the best, by far.

So short and simple... but possibly my favorite part of a fic I've EVER read. And I've read hundreds, no joke.

All of them were wonderful, keep on writing!
romantiscue chapter 4 . 3/30/2009
Good story, love the perspectives!
Anzer'ke chapter 4 . 3/9/2009
That's funn, I'd say this is the best chapter by far.
Anzer'ke chapter 3 . 3/9/2009
Yay for us poeple! And double yay for the utterly awesome Asuma.
Aomushi chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
The Japanese word for "boar" is actually inoshishi. Ino's name is probably a shortened version of that..Good job on the fic!
Heaven Cobra chapter 4 . 11/13/2007
this is so. deep. i wonder if I should even be reading this, seeing as I'm not a very deep thinker when I can help it. I sure as hell could NOT come up with anything half as good for these people. Iruka could have a thing or two to teach neji, right? I love these and do keep them up please!
Eldr-Fire chapter 3 . 4/6/2007
Dammit, that was brilliant.
MirrorFade chapter 3 . 4/6/2007
Love the story, very good, very detailed, but I have to correct you one one thing. Please don't hate me! Asuma IS from a famous family, he's the son of the third Hokage, though he doesn't make the fact easily known.
Sabriel41 chapter 4 . 2/1/2007
I hope you continue these - they've been an excellent read thus far - eloquent, well-thought-out, and bittersweet in the best way. (I liked Asuma's in particular... his pride for 'his' kids and his thoughts on normalcy really strikes a chord.)

Best of luck with future writing in any case, and cheers!

Sabriel.
Goldenkizamu chapter 4 . 1/2/2007
re: the Iruka chapter. What you have is alright, but 'where you went wrong' I think is when you changed the focus from Iruka to Naruto (probably inadventently). If you were trying to say that Iruka fights for others (which is an idea that could work) then this chapter would be fine, but since he fights for the right to be more than he was born to be, the chapter should reflect that more.

I think if I were to do this, I would put Neji in there somewhere, since Iruka's reason/theme resonates really well with Neji's problems. Either that or I'd add some examples of Iruka's rebellion other than just Naruto. There has got to be more to Iruka's life than interacting with Naruto, even if we never see it in Canon.

I like what I've read of the other chapters though. Good takes on the others.
goliathm chapter 4 . 10/5/2006
There are a lot of people who "break the mould". We just don't always recognize them when we see them.
Trenchcoatgirl-Kyo chapter 4 . 6/27/2006
Yay! You have a crazy good grasp of all the characters. This was really awesome. I think I liked Asuma's chapter the most. I'm not sure why, but I think you got him down best. I liked the Shino one too. This was really awesome.