Reviews for Missing in Action
NWFairyGodmother chapter 1 . 8/11/2020
Given the extensive cruelty of the death eaters as it is always mentioned, I believe this is probably the most accurate portrayal of what most likely would have happened to Professor Snape and the letter to Dumbledore sounds exactly as Moldy Voldy would have written it. Quite a sad and gruesome story but extraordinary. P.S. and I do agree that if he had been taken to a muggle trauma unit with a team of the best surgeons he probably could have survived. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/6/2019
Speachless
Isada chapter 1 . 11/3/2018
How dark! I came here via the reference on Whitehound's website, seeing as she cites this fic as inspiration for one of her own. And I absolutely understand how she would have been struck by this. It's memorable to say the least. I'g certainly glad that Rowling didn't subject Snape to such a gory fate...
Cheers
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2018
Wow, congrats you actually went there. I always believed that as a major loop hole, Snape would have been found out. Especially, with what we learn during Harry's Fourth year in Dumbledore pensieve. Dumbledore claims Snape is a spy for the order and wizarding world knows through reporting. The claim saves him from Azkaban but that alone should seal his death upon returning to Voldemort. Information or not, it doesn't make sense that everyone is suddenly cool with having him join like nothing happened yet Bellatrix clearly states her distrust. If I was a death eater and especially one that served my time, I would be after Snape for spying (proven in court), hiding behind Dumbledore's skirts, and never serving any time for wearing the mark. Why no one challenges and just believes him welcoming him back is beyond me. Occlumency or not, he is a traitor when it comes to the Dark side. But yet, they are stupid enough to say welcome back in reality, his death certificate is already signed. Thanks for sharing. This was great.
HelenaRickman1 chapter 1 . 1/28/2016
I have often wondered why I've not seen more fics that truly depict the horrors of war and how inhuman we can be to each other.
Well, here we have it! You have done a wonderful job setting a mood and describing what happens during torture. It's not a pleasant subject, but that doesn't truly reflect on the quality of the story. Thank you for tackling such a challenging subject. Great one-shot.
arlene56 chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
This was dark but well-written. Thanks for sharing!
Thorilian chapter 1 . 5/16/2015
Harry, use the time turner, go back cast a Gemini spell on Snape create a copy of him, have the copy take his place, save sev, for Siri!
Me chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
I didn't like it very much, sorry :/
TheUndefeatable chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Oh! It was tragic in all ways! But nothing supernatural or unbelievable! It is nature of people, to judge hastily! And it is always saddening!
Ayla-tan chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Oh my god... This was heart-wrenching and horrible.

I wish they could have saved him and told the whole world that he wasn't betraying the side of light. They deserve to be punished for that, those lying bunch of assholes in the ministry.

Dumbledore might have been responsible for most of it, but the ministry failed to save a loyal supporter of the light and instead bad-mouthed him to the end. Its sickening and I really hope there'll be articles telling the truth and blaming the ministry. Because I think that, with the ministry aurors, Sev might have been saved. They could have found him in time. But they didn't even try, just assume. It makes me furious.

Though I wish he could have been healed and at least be there when the others realised how they wronged him, I was glad that at long last, his suffering was ended. I hope he finds peace in the afterlife- he deserves it so much.

I liked it how Harry, Dumbledore and Madam Pomfrey stayed with him in his last minutes, though small and much too late (where was the comfort when he left the death eaters, where was it, when everyone but Dumbledore hated and accused him, when he had to go back to Voldemort and pretend he was still loyal to him?), it was a nice gesture. Nice and touching.

At least Harry realised what he's done and feels guilty- though I really hope the rest of the "good" side, will, too. Sev deserves to be mourned and hailed as a hero.

I loved Dumbledore's defence of Sev. I'm glad to see him get angry at Harry on Sev's behalf. And Harry WAS being unfair and wrong.

If you haven't already, can you write a sequel? Would be nice to see how he's doing in the afterlife and how the others react to the news that they called an innocent a traitor, while he was being tortured horribly (the part in Voldemorts message about relations gives me a chill- they've raped him, multiple times, haven't they? Monsters! But as I said, the ministry are almost, if not just as bad as them for sprouting lies about his loyalities while it happened- despite Dumbledore's insistence that he was innocent. I can't forgive them. I can forgive Harry, though its hard, but I can forgive him. But not them, not the ministry).
Dearlady2002 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
So sad sniff sniff!
jayc chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
*sniff* this is sad... but that proves that you wrote well :)
ljpjcg chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
My poor poor Sev...a gruesome and tragic and com
WannabeWolfe chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I too was pointed here thanks to Borolin's "Lost and Found" and am so glad I was. This is not a story that I would have stumbled upon in my searches and that means I would have missed out on this gem.

It is not pretty, it is not happy, but it is gritty and true to the nature of war. Harry's quick rage, Dumbledore's trust, Snape's sacrifice and Voldemort's cruelty are succinctly captured. This is a powerful short story that does not pull any punches.
Rika100 chapter 1 . 6/16/2011