Reviews for Ever After, and Then Some
Leefa chapter 4 . 1/7/2019
As an Indian American I found the part about Indian food so funny. I laughed so hard My side hurts. That 3rd chapter a favorite.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/19/2017
Wow. This is pretty good. I don't know if you will ever see this review but I had to do this.
This is some top notch writing and Howl and Sophie are brilliantly in character. I loved this fanfiction a lot.
Honestly you deserve a standing ovation!
Mamoro chapter 4 . 8/20/2016
So this story is older that old, fanfiction-speaking, but I hope you'll still somehow find my review, because it's lovely, I enjoyed it, and I'm so glad to have found it!
The Witch chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
I'm not good I'm not nice I'm just RIGHT. I love your title! (And the story attached to it)
Calciferol chapter 4 . 2/8/2015
I'm wary of hmc fics in general, but I'm quite fond of yours! Thank you!
Kixxar chapter 4 . 7/20/2013
I effing loved this chapter... I couldn't stop laughing! xD
It's too bad this hasn't been updated, this is charming and hilarious!
The Mouse Maestro chapter 4 . 5/29/2013
Beautiful story xD
The characters are acting as they should, and makes me feel very nostalgic about both the book and movie. Speaking of the two, I like how you were able to mend the two together fluently :)
I feel like reading this over and over again; it's just that wonderful xD Great job :)
Aki no Ryu chapter 3 . 4/11/2013
Another lovely chapter. I love your version of Howl and Sophie! Howl's so sweet and solicitous of his wife's feelings. Sophie's always willing to step out of her comfort zone for a worthy cause. What a lovely couple.
Aki no Ryu chapter 2 . 4/11/2013
Double like! You showed the conflicting cultures, for lack of a better word, very well. I look forward to the day when Sophie can break out of her shell and give as good as she gets when it comes to her romantic relationship with her husband. I love the scene where Sophie starts crying from sheer happiness.
Aki no Ryu chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
This is so good! I love how they're both desperate to please the other. I also love what Calcifer did. I really liked Howl being a bit more mature than usual and Sophie not being argumentative.
lannamoo chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
hi, i'm not sure if you still read reviews for this story or not, and i don't see how i can possibly praise you for this fanfic any more than you already have been...but i do want to say this is one of the best i've read..and i've read a few. but you sincerely did a fantastic job with the story line and the characters...especially how you've kept them in character..between the book and the movie...so great job..hope you still planning on updating..but even if you don't i can say i'm glad i found this :) thx
Kingyo chapter 4 . 10/17/2010
Very nice. I like your writing style.
Aran'sApprentice-Meahow chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
OH GOODNESS.

I was just about to start work on my own HMC fic, having just re-read the book & watched the movie, and then i read this one, and i might just want to back away because you've said it better, and more succinctly, than i think i could.

(Don't worry, this won't stop me. i'll just be cowed for a while and come up with a few better ideas and proceed.)

Anyway, this is a great fic, and i might just have to lollygag down to LJ to read part two. I was worried at the beginning because it was SO TERRIFYINGLY DEPRESSING and yet so much in character for Howl that i couldn't make it un-depressing, but you've gone and made it alright. The trembling hands and then the laughter are perfect details, and perfectly in character. I'm not exactly sure whether Sophie would be that obsessed with propriety, but it's an excellent plot point and in-character-ness is always subjective.

The ending is gorgeous, by the way, as far as writing style goes. Clever and quirky. It made me laugh.

Fave quotes: "her distinctively Sophie-brand combination of ruthless efficiency and startling innocence."

-and of course-

" "I love you," Howl said fervently, which had very little to do with the topic at hand but was resoundingly true nevertheless."

Guess i'll have to read the rest of the chapters.
xPhoenix0Returnx chapter 4 . 6/29/2010
Awwwww, Howl and Sophie are so cute. Everyone (Well, mainly Sophie and Howl, haha) is in character and your writing is phenomenal. I love the themes-actually, scratch that. I love everything. And I love your long chapters.

I do feel terribly bad for Howl though. War...the cost always outweighs the benefits (are there any?) so, really. DX Anyways, I love how your wrote Howl and Sophie's relationship. It's fitting for their personalities and is fairly realistic.

Anyways, love your fic, and do hope that you continue it and update soon. :D
Lilyflower-314 chapter 4 . 12/21/2009