Reviews for Ever After, and Then Some
Bird of Hope chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Oh! I thought to title sounded very familiar, by a bizard coincidence i'm playing the witch from 'Into the Woods' in my school play, i love that musical- shame Miss Borsdan decided to cut all the songs really- sorry that's not relevant but i'm very angry about it.

That was a weird mix, it was ahrd to be fully prepared for it, i knwo the book so very well... you started off saying that thing about the 'happily ever after' so i had that ncie clear picture of book-Howl in my and then suddenly you talked about re-building the castle and i think 'Wow! What happened to the castle?' and then not long after, 'ah, movie refference.' it was kind of dizzying.

Other than that though it was pretty well written, you had me completely involved with it throughout pretty much lathough some of the dialoulgue was a bit weak, try to avoid ever having to say 'huh' because to be honest i've never actually heard anywone make that noice although i've heard plenty of peeople say 'hmm?'

But the plot seemed even stronger than it was somehow- in a good way.

Generally i liked it is what i should have said but that's my summary anyway.
cruciolicous chapter 4 . 10/3/2008
omg..i absolutely love these! how well it's writeen and how perfectly everyone is characterized! *swoons*...
Jollipop chapter 4 . 8/25/2008
Woow, your story is so good.

It's so well written and gahh I wish I could read more, hah.
blackdragonwingz chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
so cute!

please update! like, after 3 yrs, ahaha.
serekan chapter 2 . 6/12/2008
this little part:

"You're hearing a different ocean than you think," Howl said, and brought the listening-shell to his own ear for a moment, seeking an echo from the other shell as he moved it slowly over the curve of her stomach. "You're hearing the ocean within yourself - the child floats within your womb, rocked to sleep in the lingering embrace of the eldest sea; what you hear is the sea within you.

is my favorite. I love how you writte.
German Mickey chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
You did a great job having the two charracyers react to each. It was a very good story.
Crazy Hyper Lady chapter 4 . 1/29/2008
OMGSH! Funny and terribly fluffy! I LOVE IT! :D Sophie is so cool! And I love how you did their characters! :D
dedanaan chapter 4 . 8/22/2007
This fic captured the wonderful world of Howl's Moving Castle perfectly. I loved the continuing relationship you've written as well as how you've blended the worlds of book and film.
FlaviusD chapter 2 . 8/21/2007
Brilliant! I must say this has marked me. I would even walk up to Dianna Wynne Jones and give it for her to read, if I could. It's amazing how it fits the characters yet managed to show a different more intimate part of their lives. I fell in love with this piece of art.

Once again, brilliant work.

Flavius D.
Sylla chapter 4 . 7/10/2007
Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

This is really a maserful blending of bookverse and movieverse- in my opinion, you've taken everything tht was awesome in the movie, and applied it to everything that happened in the book- Lettie and Martha's 'switcharoo' incident, how Howl REALLY got his heart back, everything. I can't thank you enough.

Aside from that, what can I say about the story? It's really wonderfully thought out, with a regard towards canon- all the OCs that have appeared so far seem to be fairly well-rounded. I wonder, are you fluent in Welsh?

And all the canon characters are wonderfully in character- calcifer, Sophie, Howl (especially Howl!)... And the dialogue is pure genius. (That said, my only substantial gripe is when Califer gets both incredibly drunk and patently OOC- I really couldn't see Calcifer saying some of the lines he had, even if he were to be completely plastered.) I absolutely loved the conversations between Sophie and Howl- all of them. Superb.

Apart from the odd typo here and there, the narration was also incredibly well done (better than anything I could ever hope to do), and is fairly good evidence that your vocabulary outstrips many fic writers (case in point- "Heaven forfend!" 'Forfend' indeed. Find me ten writers who could give Howl a line like that and not make it seem at odds with the rest of the dialogue...).

Anyway, I'd love to blather on some more about how truly awesome this fic is, but I seem to have ruptured my spleen from laughing so hard at certain parts of the fic, and I really should have it attended to. So for now, I'll just put this on fave and alert.
Solea chapter 4 . 7/4/2007
What an utterly lovely,well-written story. I am new to the "HMC" fandom, but I know good writing when I read it. I have to add this to this list of my favorites. Everything in this story lined up with the characters I know and love.
ladywisdom chapter 4 . 5/27/2007
Wow! this story is hilarious! I'm still chuckling over the last chapter. I hope you will continue updating occasionally?
waterlily16 chapter 4 . 5/16/2007
This is really cute. I love the story so far and I hope you continue it.
Sapphire Wulf chapter 4 . 4/11/2007
i love this story! -
Sapphire Rose E chapter 4 . 4/7/2007
great story! i want to read more so please update soon! please~!
88 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »