Reviews for Last Rites
Claire D'Aubigne chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
I feel terrible for laughing, but I laughed anyway. Well done!
RainFlame chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
This was very good and very sad ;_;

Excellent job :)
Ameno chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Because sometimes, laughter is all you have.

Been a long time. Still as powerful as ever. Just thought you should know.
Gwachaedir chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
That was brilliant, sad and amazing in its simplicity while giving excellent insight into just what it means to be a Turk.
The Laughing Fool chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Excellent dialogue. EXCELLENT. I loved it. This was a fantastic oneshot and how terribly dark and sad-but those jokes were pretty good.

In an overly turk-ish kind of way.

Excellent style and I loved the story-

Mikani Arami chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
I've been looking for this fic for days! I remember reading it a few months ago, since it's just one of those fics that stick to you like that. I'm so glad I could find it again! yay!
Rose Unspindle chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
I got to the end and it took me a minute, then it clicked and I was like that is so sad, and started crying. *sniffle*
Ane chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Wow, that managed to hit several notes very well, an amazing balance of sadness and humor.
N.T. Embe chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Every time I read this fic, because yes, I've read it over quite a number of times since I first stumbled across it, I find it... suiting. Most people cannot capture the essence of a Turk, and what it means to be one, in quite the simplistic way you did, in so short a time. It's a small fragment, compared to all that the job does have to it, but nevertheless~ I am grateful, to see accuracy where such emotional a parting might otherwise be concerned. The fic was lovely, and duly appreciated.
dead-guy-dead chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
perfect. loved it
Zombieisms chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Once a Turk, always a Turk. I loved it.
Vavae chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Somehow I think words such as "fantastic" or "awesome" would not quite suit a review of this particular one-shot. Flawlessly executed, perhaps? Hn. Well, the realistic precision with which you depict the nature of the Turks is astounding, especially because of "Last Rites"'s brevity and formatting - almost entirely dialogue. I find that when reading thin, double spaced lines of dialogue, it causes me to pay more attention to what isn't written between them.

Well done.
000040 chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
That was really funny, and really depressing... Weird, but brilliant.
minoki chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
very nice.
DMitchell chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
I found this through a rec and I dig the whole Turks vibe of the entire thing. I like the inside jokes that only a Turk would get. And the ending was perfect because you didn't need to say anything more, the questions answered itself.
59 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »