Reviews for Last Rites
Ameno chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Because sometimes, laughter is all you have.

Been a long time. Still as powerful as ever. Just thought you should know.
Gwachaedir chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
That was brilliant, sad and amazing in its simplicity while giving excellent insight into just what it means to be a Turk.
The Laughing Fool chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Excellent dialogue. EXCELLENT. I loved it. This was a fantastic oneshot and how terribly dark and sad-but those jokes were pretty good.

In an overly turk-ish kind of way.

Excellent style and I loved the story-

Mikani Arami chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
I've been looking for this fic for days! I remember reading it a few months ago, since it's just one of those fics that stick to you like that. I'm so glad I could find it again! yay!
Rose Unspindle chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
I got to the end and it took me a minute, then it clicked and I was like that is so sad, and started crying. *sniffle*
Ane chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Wow, that managed to hit several notes very well, an amazing balance of sadness and humor.
N.T. Embe chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Every time I read this fic, because yes, I've read it over quite a number of times since I first stumbled across it, I find it... suiting. Most people cannot capture the essence of a Turk, and what it means to be one, in quite the simplistic way you did, in so short a time. It's a small fragment, compared to all that the job does have to it, but nevertheless I am grateful, to see accuracy where such emotional a parting might otherwise be concerned. The fic was lovely, and duly appreciated.
dead-guy-dead chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
perfect. loved it
Hollyhock-san chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Once a Turk, always a Turk. I loved it.
Vavae chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Somehow I think words such as "fantastic" or "awesome" would not quite suit a review of this particular one-shot. Flawlessly executed, perhaps? Hn. Well, the realistic precision with which you depict the nature of the Turks is astounding, especially because of "Last Rites"'s brevity and formatting - almost entirely dialogue. I find that when reading thin, double spaced lines of dialogue, it causes me to pay more attention to what isn't written between them.

Well done.
000040 chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
That was really funny, and really depressing... Weird, but brilliant.
minoki chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
very nice.
DMitchell chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
I found this through a rec and I dig the whole Turks vibe of the entire thing. I like the inside jokes that only a Turk would get. And the ending was perfect because you didn't need to say anything more, the questions answered itself.
Ms Arano chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Can't for the life of me put my finger on it, but something about this made me kinda choke up. Perhaps it was the, not sadness, but the melancholy hanging like a fog over them. This was very nice. Thankyou.
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Whoa. That's kind of funny, but mostly sad. Very well written, though.
57 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »