Reviews for Last Rites
Malselene chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
That makes me sad reading that. It's just such a powerful insight into the ways the turk's minds work. It's all so perfect the balance of utter morbitiy and a touch of humor. It doesn't quite make me as sad as white carnations but almost.

Must keep thinking the turks don't actually die.
orangeturquoise chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
this is so sad. I can only barely refrain myself from crying everytime I read it. the morbidity, the gallows humour and irony of it all is done perfectly. it helps one to really understand the turk mentality, provides a little consolation for poor Tseng and yet the inevitable has to happen. all in all the piece speaks for itself and there is nothing to complain about. brilliant job, now excuse me while I go to sob until dehydration comes.
AikoNamika chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
...ouch. That's a kicker in the chest right there. I mean, just...ouch.

"You're a Turk, aren't you?"

"I was, once."

"You don't stop," Tseng said.

"I suppose not."

That resonates so very powerfully with the last "joke" about, "When is a Turk not a Turk?" Because, as Tseng said, only other Turks will hear their confessions. And no matter what Vincint said, he is still a Turk at heart.

I've got a little lump in my throat from reading this. It was...perfect.
xt1me chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
Now THAT's Angst/Humor
LadyAssassin27 chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Absolutly Beautiful ... I loved it.
yllom21 chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
Wow, what a unique idea, a certainly believeable! Good job!
monitorscreen chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
Beautiful. I like their camaraderie here, that sense of tradition, and how they can be unfazed in the face of death. The true spirit of the Turks. A memorable piece.
pandiink chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
my goodness.. I dunno if you're still writing, but this little scenario just made my day for some reason. Really well written on a wistfully sad/black comedy note.. I like it lotta :)
Krystalicekitsu chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
*whine* that was strangely satisfying, if incredibly sad... T_T
Following Padfoot's Pawprints chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
That was sad. Very well written though. I enjoyed the quirky Turk references.

Padfoot
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
Loved how you ended this. "When is a Turk not a Turk?" was a completely appropriate joke/question, and Tseng's silence/death is an enormously eloquent answer.
blaaaaank chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Wow, cool. I can't tell if they're jokes, or some kind of masonic-like reconising thing, but I like it.
SniperR chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
Nice. I like the Turks :) Especially Vincent, although he may not be one directly. Funny stuff too. Short, sweet and to the point, just how I like my stories :)

-A
0-Mighty Bob -0 chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
Don't crawl into the FF7 section that often, despite it being my favorite outta all the games to date. Good to see a Turk fic, those guys just don't get enough love from authors. Thanks for the story, hopefully you'll do another some day.
spring time smells of death chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
indeed, that is very sad, but at the same time, a great send off, inspiring, keep it up
56 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »