Reviews for Lost Years
Good-bye FF.net chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
Good story, thoughtful, and an interesting take on the characters. Tarin's condition forces her family's lives to revolve around her, which would make this a very tumultuous time. You presented this very well when you dealt with the different and sometimes opposing ways her parents approached Tarin's illness. Because this syndrome destroyed a potentially solid and loving relationship between the sisters, I would like to have seen more emotion from Miral as she retells; she seems too detached.

You wrote a very intriguing story. Thanks for posting!
irisis chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Very impressive: moving without being sickly sweet, and handled with sensitivity yet still superbly hard hitting. The science verses faith component was a nice touch. Thanks for giving your readers something to think about.
soavezefiretto chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Wow! More instant gratification for you: this is really fantastic, Abbey! I loved the way you approached the subject, you made it come alive and real in the lives of these characters. It totally swept me away.

The only thing I missed was a little more Tom in it, but that's just me, because I have this thing for him. :-)
peacejaw chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Interesting story line; I've always wondered what it would be like to place a physically or mentally challanged child with someone from Voyager, but I've never had the guts to form a story line like it... so congrats to you for writing something different... and for writing a well written story.
katsalinas chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
I liked this, It was very honest, very open, and universal. The realism of the topic makes the characters even more vulnerable and authentic, like they aren't characters at all, but existing somewhere. Great job writing this.
ibagoalie chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
I really liked this story. I thnk it shows that even though medical science is always advancing, some things will always be beyond it's grasp. That seems to be where faith will take up the slack.

Well written and not sugarcoated, but honest.
GoddessAnjanee chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
Lost Years is well written. It really makes you think about your faith and miracles. If only they had thought of this type of treatment when Tarin was an infant or toddler then she would have spared some of the agony of Epileptic episodes.

PS, you have done an excellent job.

Goddess Anjanee :)