Reviews for Princess Diaries
prankprincess123 chapter 36 . 1/29
can you please update this story? it is so well written it would be a shame to leave it unfinished.
Guest chapter 36 . 9/19/2013
Just found this a day or two ago...following to get the updates, of which there need to be some.
Belac77 chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Excellent! I just finished reading Taran Wonderer, so I am excited to see how my favorite character Eilonwy spent her time at the palace while Taran was galavanting around Prydain.

WHEN WILL YOU POST MORE?
Guest chapter 36 . 6/29/2013
Will this story be finished? I'm curious as to whether or not he does get married, or if this is going to follow the storyline set in The High King (where Rhun dies).
Toaofwriting chapter 36 . 2/26/2013
Wow, this is a really good story, I love reading it. I hope you will be able to update soon. I'm looking forward to the ball scene.
Molly chapter 36 . 11/5/2012
I hope you will write more soon, its great.
tcgeol chapter 36 . 3/9/2012
Excellent job on this story! Princess Diaries has to be one of my top five stories out of all the categories on FF and I like a lot of them. You have really caught Eilonwy's voice and made her a very interesting character! I hope that you still check in here sometimes and will update regularly!
Eilonwyy chapter 6 . 8/26/2011
Great job with Teleria's voice! Also, the blending of trivia and wisdom. I've always wondered what Eilonwy thought of Angharad's reckless behavior, since it led directly to her own miserable existence. Your Eilonwy behaves almost exactly like the canon one would have, in my opinion. Great job!
Eilonwyy chapter 5 . 8/26/2011
Wow, what a beautiful, beautiful chapter. You've managed to capture what Eilonwy must have been feeling for Taran but that we only got tiny hints of in the books. And the way you described the quiet times at Caer Dallben evokes exactly the spirit of Alexander's books - the joy of living in a time of peace rather than war.

I've often wondered about Eilonwy's childhood. She was so feisty and carefree, so clearly not damaged, that I believe she must have had someone who loved her and protected her, perhaps a nanny or nursemaid (or maybe a series of them since she never mentions an individual). (Of course, she could have been what they call an "invulnerable child." But given how big her heart is, I am certain she must have received love beyond infancy.) But still, as you say, it must have been a grim and mostly loveless place. And given her propensity for individual exploration, she would likely slip any protective net that was placed around her, as you suggest.

I liked your little metaphor of "trying to catch a stray breeze in a jar." So Eilonwy.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how much I loved this chapter.
Eilonwyy chapter 2 . 8/22/2011
I love Eilonwy's voice here. This is just how I imagined her thinking, and I loved her throwing silk slippers at the old ladies' maid. She's also more lighthearted than most people in her situation would be... I know if I were forced into that situation I'd become quite gloomy. But it's Eilonwy's nature to be cheerful about some pretty awful things, so you've got her right in-character.

I liked how your paragraph about the embroidery echoed canon... and how your paragraph about the picnic extrapolated from it. Loved what she said about dinner and "deportment." And you've captured her affection for Rhun perfectly.

Anyway, thanks for writing this lovely, lovely fic. :)
Eilonwyy chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
I am so excited to see this story! I just found out that people were writing Lloyd Alexander fanfiction... and the Prydain series has to be one of my favorite sets of books ever.

I just started reading your chapters and I can't wait to read more!

I love the idea of Eilonwy keeping a diary, and your riff on the "Princess Diaries" phrase. And I think you capture her voice quite well.
shamsro chapter 36 . 5/5/2011
What a wonderful story this is. Eilonwy is such an interesting and loveable character and I like reading from her point of view. You match the voice of Lloyd Alexanders Prydain Chronicles very well. Your writing is so perfect, I really can see her and all the other characters while reading. I hope there will be more chapters in the future. Thank you very much for writing and sharing this marvelous story.
platypus core chapter 36 . 1/16/2011
So...it hasn't been a year, but if you ever do get a free moment even just a drabble would be nice. I really don't think you lost the voice at all, you know, and it's delightful to read. Why, you not finishing this story would be like, like a runner deciding not to race because he can't see the finish line! (See, I've read so much i'm sounding like her now, i read the whole thing tonight and it quite stuck, because I found the Black Cauldron on youtube this morning and it's thrown me into quite the obsession again)
Joseph De Cristofaro chapter 14 . 11/2/2010
I just read this chapter for the second time after going through round two of the Chronicles. I caught something here though. You referred to Arawn as the Dark Lord...that's from Harry Potter if im not mistaken. I think you meant the Death Lord. please dont take offence i absolutely love your stories this is just an observation.
Joseph De Cristofaro chapter 36 . 9/30/2010
its the last day in september of 2010 and i have just reaad your story after hearing about the Chronicles and reading them for the first time a few weeks ago. i absolutely love how you incorporated your story into the overall plot. i am going to personally consider this a part of the series myself and read it along with the others every time. thank you for putting up this wonderful story and i absolutely cannot wait for the next chapters. and also as a side note, your writing is, in my opinion, spectacular. you truly have a gift for it and i don't say that about many authors. there have only been four so far who i have said that of JK Rowling, Lloyd Alexander, Christopher Paolini, and yourself. very well done.