Reviews for A High Point On A Sea Of Low
Wolfstorm7 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Really really good. I know I'm reviewing this six years later... Anyway, you write well.
mispel chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
That was good. I think it really captures the moment.
Kenneth Hand chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
I'm not sure if Highsmith would "spin" in her grave over this story; I would definitely compare it more to a scene in the movie than in the book, since your facts are not consistent with what happens in the book, and often neither are the facts in the movie.

The variety of vocabulary is encouraging but I'm sort of disappointed about your grammar; the construction of the final sentence, "Turning he and found the shore," is obviously illogical, along with several others. As well, your decision to call Tom "Ripley," and yet call Dickie by his first name sort of irritated me.

As for the plot, this is a filler; it serves well enough as a possible scene in the movie, but it's not as interesting or meaningful as Beretta-45's "Reflection." Perhaps something more could happen in the boat - or you could further analyse what's going through Tom's mind. The lone bird is a good idea but probably not convincing enough as a symbol. Overall I would go for more.